main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Pandemics in the Age of Globalization: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion: See OP Warning

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Jan 21, 2020.

1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Ok i finally tested negative and was told return to work tomorrow.

Spoke with the doc about constant fatigue. Since this started i can be feeling totally fine and within a few seconds be so fatigued/exhausted i need to lie down and nap and…apparently that is a long covid symptom. She said that can last for up to a year for some of her patients. So…****. Not sure how you go back to work but also go “Hey at any time i need to go leave for a nap for an undetermined amount of time or the rest of the day.”

Other than that i still feel temperature extremes within short timespans a few times a day, but chest pressure gone, sore throat gone, cough mostly gone, sinus pressure mostly gone. Few days since a fever.

Back to work i guess.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Juliet316, LAJ_FETT , Lordban and 2 others like this.
  2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    9 years ago I was really sick with the Flu in January. The doctor said I would need to take the next week off work after which I’d be easily fatigued for an additional two weeks.

He was right. I couldn’t believe how fast exhaustion could set in. Not even being winded, but having all my energy zapped away and being go to sleep tired. Never experienced anything like that in my life. It’s scary.

Hang in there. Hopefully if your vaccinated it will drastically shorten the long term effects of COVID.

ZanderSolo likes this.
  3. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    Maybe reach out to HR and get a part time FMLA (Are you in US?) for possibly needing to take time off intermittently. Feel better quickly!

ZanderSolo likes this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    One thing people aren't talking about yet... with the Omicron variant spreading coronavirus everywhere, it's more likely we'll now have even more variants, and therefore more likely some of those new variants will be even worse.

If anyone from the medical community could tell me I'm wrong, I'd appreciate it.

5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    FWIW, I think technically you should be framing it probabilistically, and it's just that some *may* be worse

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    McSweeney's has had some really biting satire lately. I first encountered them with their "Nobody Wants To Be A Serf Anymore" essay. Like a boomerang, they keep coming back to me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    As the virus burns through more of the population, this will become less likely. A new study was just released yesterday by the CDC which shows natural infection plus vaccination offers broad protection against practically all known variants including Omicron. So while new strains may emerge, they will be less likely to spread throughout the general population at the speed with which Omicron has, or potentially be both highly contagious and severe.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Sweden is changing it's quarantine regulations now. If you have your third shot, or if you have a specifed job that is important for the running of society, you can go to work, even if someone in your household is positive. this is only if you yourself don't have any symptoms and you should only go to work and back though and stay at home the rest of the time. The time of quarantine is also shortened to five instead of seven days, as long as you have a least one day without any symptoms before leaving the quarantine.

I think this can actually be a good motivator to get people to actually get their booster, if that means that you don't need to stay at home for a long period of time when you are healthy.

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My worry is that another wave will just come in a month or so and be just as bad as Omnicron if not worse.

11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  12. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    It's not a savior they see him as. Evangelicals don't want a Jesus or King David to lead them. They want a Goliath at the end of a leash that they hold smiting left and right everyone they despise (and it's a long list). That's why the have a love affair with Trump.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    This was actually a fairly depressing news story when it broke on Monday because her son was clearly (and understandably) furious that misinformation about the supposed benefits of “natural immunity” versus vaccination basically killed his mother, and it’s a pretty grim indicator of what’s about to happen here as omicron ramps up with our middling-at-best vaccination rate.

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Or they want Satan to Lead them without even realizing it let alone the Antichrist

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    This is very sad.

We just had our team meeting. The "booster" (aka the third shot in a three shot series) is now mandated at our hospital. Our Team Leader doesn't want to get the booster. Lucky for him, the rest of use gently encouraged him to do it. I presented the science while others sympathized with his hesitation and another colleague reminded him he will lose his job. I think he will get it now. Fingers crossed.

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and yankee8255 like this.
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Shame for those she left behind, but ultimately you pays your money, you takes your choice.

18. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Possible, but given the ruthless efficiency with which Omicron spreads, not very likely. Remember, this variant has crowded out potentially more dangerous ones, like Delta did before it.

19. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    So by “crowding out” it’s not just that there are so many omicron cases that even a growing number of delta cases is only a tiny fraction of all cases but more that people are getting infected with omicron before Delta can find them, and omicron is providing some additional protection against Delta, so that the prevalence of Delta is crashing faster? I hope that's a coherent question.

20. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    It is and you are correct. The Beta variant existed, as did the Gamma. Both caused fairly severe pneumonia and could have been catastrophic if they’d become dominant, but Delta crushed them.

Omicron will likely do the same with other variants.

Runjedirun and Rylo Ken like this.
  21. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am glad that our vaccinations work against the omicron and delta variants.

My mom and stepdad have now been texted negative after a few days in quarantine testing positive plus they never felt sick at all.

22. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Indeed. Just imagine what our Delta wave would have looked like burning through a population with only the immunity created by prior infection to rely on. It would have been ugly, likely pushing our healthcare system over the brink. There would have been hospice tents and morgue trucks in the parking lot of every hospital in the country. Then more of the same for this Omicron wave. It's a shame more people don't see the vaccines coming along as rapidly as they for what it is; a miracle of modern medicine that took decades of research to make possible.

S. Raw Rats, BigAl6ft6, Rew and 3 others like this.
  23. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    The worst-case scenario of my hospital's emergency contingency plan called for an incinerator in the parking lot to burn bodies. They were originally anticipating that many deaths during the original wave.

Words cannot express how glad I am we didn't have to go there.

24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Some data from Spain on Vaxed vs Unvaxed

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ramza, Darth Smurf and Lowbacca_1977 like this.
  25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Try to google translate the first line [face_party]

jcgoble3 and Rylo Ken like this.