main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Pandemics in the Age of Globalization: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion: See OP Warning

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Covid would have a second wave no matter what we are already seeing that in China and Korea. I won’t be surprised if there are at least 3 waves of Corona. It’s not going anywhere until we have a vaccine.

But if any of you don’t think we will have some major problems in the fall you got another thing coming

black_saber and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    There is no doubt there would be a second wave no matter what but how we behave in the summer will have a large impact whether it's a small bunny hill or a large mountain. This past week pretty much made sure it's a large mountain.

Count Yubnub, Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’ll be worse and get better to be prepared for it being worse than under prepare

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Not everyone will die. The rich will still be alive and rich, and that's the only thing that matters. They've already got most of the wealth, if a large portion of the population dies, more money for them.

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Yeah I wonder if we’ll start hearing the “it might not be safe to have the election in November“ nonsense from Trump soon. A second or third wave is going to make his stance against mail-in voting very hard to justify.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If you couldn’t tell I was joking. I don’t think everyone will die hell I don’t think 99.95 percent of earth will die from it.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Sorry, I know what you meant, its just that... 100K is already a big number and there's no end in sight and the federal response has been a bad joke, just like everything else the Trump administration has done since January 2017 (before that even). Well, its not just Trump and America, but Trump is one of the most stupid.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  8. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I think that when people are so desperate and are blinded by anger and despair, and may have nothing else to loose (which might be already the case for a good proportion of the U.S. population), they no longer care about what might happen to them, whether it is being beat up by the police, thrown into jail or catch the coronavirus...

9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    This is an anonymous opinion piece. Please stop spamming this thread with your hysterical twitter feed. We know where to find Twitter. Thanks

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The group is at least very transparent in their write-ups but there are some obvious issues they note, like not being able to account for region-to-region spread since they basically treat an infected region as a "brain" and models arising from that background don't have to account for that for reasons obvious to anyone that isn't a Jungian.

However, I'm not just balking immediately, which is a massive step up from where some of the stuff that gets linked here is at. :p

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    For anyone who may be interested, there is an online chat to talk about quarantine bubbles today at 1pm EST.... It sounds like it will be interesting.

John Oliver just dedicated his segment to mail-in voting, it was very persuasive.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yodaminch likes this.
  15. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This would not surprise me, but I'm not really that concerned because I don't think he would get much traction towards it actually getting delayed. It would only buy a short amount of time so it would be pointless.

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    In the meantime, Sweden is launching an internal probe...

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, this has been the intention all along. Our prime minister has spoken of a commission to evaluate the Swedish response for the pandemic for a while, and it's standard procedure for crises. It's just been moved up a couple of months at the request of opposition party leaders. It's an evaluation where they look at what worked well and what didn't, and how we can better prepare for similar situations in the future. It's all very reasonable.

18. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The US could definitely use an internal probe into its handling of the pandemic....

Meanwhile across Europe and Asia...

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Not going to happen with the Orange Moron in charge.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yup. In the meantime, here's an update on the West Point situation....

21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

I seriously dont see that happening here now with all the massive protests and too many people not following social distancing guidelines. Minny Governor already admitted the riots are hindering their efforts to COVID-19 test. More and more public health officials are saying it's going to spike in the next few weeks and we could be blind if we continue to lose our ability to test better.

Juliet316 and Princess_Tina like this.
  22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Probably been said a dozen times but in the wake of recent tragic events, it's suddenly as if COVID-19 no longer exists and the pandemic is over. But just wait and see what things are like in 2-3 weeks. I'm guessing news will swing back in full force.

Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The mayor of Chicago wove it into her press conference today, basically saying that if you were protesting over the weekend without a mask and came within six feet of anyone, then go home and quarantine yourself for two weeks, which I'm sure everyone will promptly do. Also, she was planning on opening the city for business on Wednesday, but may now delay. The pandemic was cycling down in Chicago before the protests, but it feels like a real setback in terms of the virus and in terms of economic recovery.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I love Sarah Cooper

Juliet316 likes this.