main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Pandemics in the Age of Globalization: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion: See OP Warning

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think there was any contact they didn’t end in most of the population being wiped out.

I used to be amazed that 90% of Europe wasn’t wiped out by disease going from the Americas to Europe but that’s due to most disease forming and spreading to humans in urban centers. Which Europe had plenty more of than the Americas.

2. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    @poor yorick

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you and your family. PM me if you have any medical questions.

3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I think the only "big" one that may have spread from the "New World" to the "Old World" is syphilis, though it's not entirely certain where syphilis came from.

solojones and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    So Syphilis came from Naples, during a French invasion.

Yeah, sounds about right

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Thank you Supreme Court for creating more superspreader events. Just in time for the holidays!

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Day 10 since first symptoms: I'm actually feeling pretty good today. Fever is almost gone, and my appetite is coming back. I happily ate two helpings of pasta for lunch, instead of forcing down half a portion as it's been up until now. And I could really taste the food today, too, which was amazing.
    It's a good day so far.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, my friends! [:D] (please note that this hug is 100% digital)

B3, poor yorick, Rew and 25 others like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hope it continues getting better for you.

8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    My work gave us a covid update Tuesday. We haven't had a single covid positive case from anyone in the company. Which is pretty much due to everyone taking it very seriously, having most people working from home, rearranging the entire office so that all desks are no longer in 'team pods' but are spread out on every floor, using the cafeteria as a work space, and only scientists and researchers (who help with covid research) who have to work in the labs are allowed on site. But leadership basically said that they assume that the record will be broken soon and that at some point in the next month or so they fully expect to have on site workers have a positive exposure.

Winter is gonna be so tough. Thankful that I and my wife can work remotely through it all. The only real exposure to the outside world is through daycare. Hoping we can stay healthy until spring or summer or until vaccines slow the spread some.

Rew, KnightWriter, blackmyron and 2 others like this.
  9. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    glad to hear you're feeling better @TCF-1138 ! this thread loves good news like that :)

Rew, Runjedirun, Yodaminch and 4 others like this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Glad to hear you seem to be on the upswing @TCF-1138 !

TCF-1138 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Reads like an excerpt from every zombie apocalypse novel ever.

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    ^^love (JCC style)^^

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Dr. Fauci is indeed nominated for Time's person of the year... And is handily winning the public polling. As he should.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Please look for my self-published novel "Love and Brains in the Age of the Corona Apocalypse: a TCF Story" at a less good bookstore near you.

15. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I just tested positive, with no symptoms. Feeling very strange, since I still have to quarantine for another week at least but I feel fine. Not looking forward to the boredom, or the online shopping binges, but it's very preferable to a severe case.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    @poor yorick, hope you're doing okay. Sending kitten snuggles your way.
    @TCF-1138, glad you appear to be pulling through
    @Sauntaero, that sucks, but it's good that you're not experiencing symptoms so far.

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    A second staff member that I've worked closely with recently tested positive today. I didn't get tested earlier this week because I was told the results would take a week, but the aforementioned person got theirs back in three days. I think I've seen her without a mask once since I started in October. I was already working under the assumption that I'm positive for my parents' sake, but now I think it's likely in general. Will be getting tested this evening, hopefully.

@Sauntaero

I would say that I think I'll be joining you soon in that boat, but separate ones would likely be best.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Rew likes this.
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ugh. Time's person of the year should never be a personality contest.

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    How is Fauci winning a personality contest? It's not like he's Ariana Grande.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus the poll isn’t binding. And Times has never been a personality test. Putin won it not because he was popular.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It has been, like how they chickened out of doing Osama bin Laden in 2001.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s not a popularity thing more like a cowardly thing. Anyone would say Osama had the most influence on the world in 2001. But they were probably afraid of seeming unpatriotic or something.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    And they've done silly persons of the year like "you" and put a mirror on the cover, and stuff.

I'm just not a big fan of how Time's person of the year has been handled in general.

24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Lucky it's not very important then.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope Fauci wins. And no I don’t like times person of the year when it’s multiple people choose one

this

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Jedi Ben and Juliet316 like this.