main
side
curve
  1. The Return of the Interviews - Vox Popoli II

Greetings Guest, Vox Popoli has returned and currently running in the Resource Forum. For more details, visit here

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars OPEN Paradoxical Echoes: An Original Trilogy Game (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Bravo

Bravo Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Master Sergeant DW-418121 (Animal)
    Army Quarters to Trooper Barracks, Darkest Night

"You'll do fine," Animal assured her, "Fight as hard as they fight and don't put them into needless harm for a nerf objective and you'll earn their respect. Now," the Master Sergeant smiled, "You've been cleared from confinement. However, until I get you up to speed on the platoon, the Sergeant Major is withholding your rank activation in the field," Animal shrugged as he headed for the door with Shan besides him, "I don't know if that's legal, but he's acting commander right now of the platoon until we get a new CO. And I don't know if you'll find anyone to argue your case against him. He's like a legend in the Stormtrooper Corps. The 501st has been knocking on his door for years, but every time they give him orders to transfer, he threatens to resign. So units now send their young sergeants to him to train or sergeants needing to promote up," the pair went through the blast doors and out into the corridor of the Trooper Barracks, heading towards the Live Firing Range, "First stop is the LFR a few levels up. Any questions yet, Lieutenant? About the platoon? Me? The Master Sergeant? Anything?"

Ahead was the turbolift...

TAG @TheSilentInfluence

2. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Captain Duke P. (Patrick) Totter
    Bridge, Darkest Night

Morning.....

Totter raised an eye-brow at the last comments by the nav officer, but let it go. He had to remind himself of the new-age Imperial thinking at officer academies: efficiency, efficiency, efficiency. Tradition was quickly becoming a dirty word in a cadet's training regime at a 4-year academy. Technically, the navigational captain was correct: it was just a body at this point and any unnecessary detours to mission success would be seen---by the new-age Imperial thinking---as resources wasted.

"Tradition, captain," Duke replied with a fatherly tone, "Navy tradition dating back thousands of millions of years. We dispose of the dead at sea---in this case in space---in time honored fashion. We send them off to the black abyss to be where their heart always was. At sea---at space---there are no kings or queens or emperors or empresses. All is one to the abyss with no separation of class or rank. Now, if you could please make the course corrections. And, once completed, I'd appreciate your presence in the Auxiliary Hanger Bay for the proceedings. If you want to attend a course. Thank you, Captain."

Duke turned to the communications officer, "Ship wide channel, Ensign."

"You're live, Captain."

Duke nodded and turned his attention to what he was to speak, "Now hear this. Now hear this. Burial unit to the auxiliary hanger by 07:30 hundred hours. Burial unit to auxiliary hanger by 07:30 hundred hours. We respect our fallen at 08:00 hours. That is all."

As the comm died silent, Duke went back to watching the blue tunnel of hyperspace. The burial unit included all Command Officers, 7 Senior Staff Officers, 7 Command Subordinates, 16 Crew Officers, 6 TIE Pilots, 6 Shuttle Pilots, and at least 45 Imperial Enlisted Crew of various ranks & specialties (totally 100 personnel). An honor guard of 12 Imperial Navy Troopers would stand guard as the caskets were rolled out between the troops and shot into outer space. They had the Commodore to bury, as well as 24 Stormtroopers, 31 Imperial Navy Troopers, and 3 enlisted crew members that were injured and later died from their injuries while aboard the Darkest Night for various reasons during the battle for Lepsawn 1-9. The silver burial coffins were air-tight sealed and marked with the Imperial symbol on the lid. A small rocket engine would shoot it towards the nearest sun.

TAG @galactic-vagabond422 , @Sith-I-5 , @TheSilentInfluence , @Mitth_Fisto , @Laine_Snowtrekker

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Commodore Valentino Mazzanti
    Javin Oversector Command & Administrative Complex, planet of Javin, Outer Rim Territories

Valentino nodded, asking, "From what you have briefed me on Investigator, this Red Rock is hyperspace capable. Correct?"

Hilick Soal nodded, "Yes," narrowing his eyes in thought at the Commodore, "And you're going with this where...?"

"Sir, all history for the Red Rock Kingdom points to the Expansion Region. With all due respect to Grand Admiral Thrawn, but I don't see how semi-Sentient rocks---being blown into hyperspace by a massive planetary explosion---can simply direct themselves into the Unknown Regions. The best navigators in the Empire can't find a way through the solar storms, rogue magnetospheres, black holes, gravity wells, and Force knows what else into the Unknown Regions. So how could rocks? By rough estimates, maybe---just maybe---one percent could have made it through and that's by dumb luck, sir."

Hilick nodded, looking off as he spoke next, "Have you thought, Commodore, that someone else had already acquired those rocks first?" Hilick looked to Valentino, "Could it be possible, just possible, that we know more then you, Commodore? You are tasked with a mission. You gave me assurances. However," Hilick narrowed his eyes, "I wonder if you have the stomach to soldier through the greatest unknowns out there. No one---even Thrawn---knows what's all out there. Someone has been collecting Red Rock here on this side of the galaxy and transporting it to the Unknown Regions. I have people tracking them here, Commodore. But I need force application in the Unknown Regions to search, locate, and eliminate the threat in the Unknown Regions. You don't know the power of the Red Rock, Commodore. If---whoever it is---has collected enough of the rock as we fear, the Empire as you know it won't be around anymore."

"Do we know who this threat is?" Valentino asked.

"We have ideas," Hilick replied, "But whoever it is, they're one step ahead of us at all times on this side of the galaxy. We must end their operations here, but the only way we can do that, is to locate their bases of operations in the Unknown Regions and trace them back to their smaller smuggler operations here."

TBC

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Outspoken and Enraged Mod of SWTV and SWC star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Elena Shan
    Trooper Barracks, Darkest Night

Elena listened with a determined look in her eyes, carefully watching Animal as he explained the 'old man's other and nodding where it was necessary. She felt surprised at the mention of the 501st; they were legendary of course, but Elena knew little else besides what she needed to know before leaving Courscant.

As she entered the turbolift with Animal and the doors shut Elena turned to him. "Tell me about yourself. Where were you born Master Sergeant?"

As Elena waited for his answer message was broadcasted over the intercoms of the Darkest Night about paying respects to their fallen and added softly, "We should go there first." Elena steadied herself on the turbolift wall and sunk down to the floor as she thought of Lieutenant Showrunner. I'll make the Rebels pay.

Tag: @Bravo

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Surgeon-Commander Debgate, Commodore's Ready Room, Darkest Night
    Timeline: previous evening

"Get some rest, both of you," Duke managed in response, his voice strained, "And Doctor, thank you for your report. Please prepare the body of the Commodore and our other losses for a traditional space burial. We'll try to make time to honor their deaths in the morning tomorrow before we reach Javin. We're on a schedule unfortunately by command. Dismissed."

Debgate nodded at the dismissal, "Yes sir." She understood just how broken the man was by the loss of his friend, and felt for him.

She pulled her datapad off the desk, tentatively at first, giving Captain Totter a moment to ask for it, then picking it up and taking it with her as she departed with the Brigadier General.

As per Totter's earlier orders, the datapad and anything else that she had collated on the Commodore's poisoning, would have to be delivered to the medical team on Javin.

"General, a moment?" She requested as they passed through the opening blast doors leading off the bridge. "Please can I request that one of your Security Stormtroopers, a 'DUR-2207', Du'ra Cell, be seconded to my command for as long as you can spare her? I found her extremely professional when we-" She looked away for a moment, as something occurred to her, then she looked back at Vasiliev. "The Captain dismissed us before I could tell him that the firefight in the mess hall were from intruders claiming to be ISB. DUR-2207 and I attempted to check out their vessel earlier, which arrived down in the Main Hangar during Commodore Englewood's lockdown. The deck officer warned us off," she raised her hand and waved it between them for emphasis, "because, well, ISB."

She did not elaborate any further, as the stormtrooper general knew as well as she did, what those rim-holes working for Imperial Security Bureau, were like.

Tag: @Bravo (for Vasiliev)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Natalia Markova
    Bridge, Darkest Night

"Tradition, captain," Trotter replied taking on a tone with her, not aggressive but, not one she could discern. Though she wasn't always the best at picking up social cues. "Navy tradition dating back thousands of millions of years. We dispose of the dead at sea---in this case in space---in time honored fashion. We send them off to the black abyss to be where their heart always was. At sea---at space---there are no kings or queens or emperors or empresses. All is one to the abyss with no separation of class or rank." That was all very fanciful but, what did it matter? They didn't know where their remains were disposed they could feel nothing. Was it merely for peace of mind of the rest of the crew? She could not see the worth in any of this. They were just bodies now. "Now, if you could please make the course corrections. And, once completed, I'd appreciate your presence in the Auxiliary Hanger Bay for the proceedings. If you want to attend a course. Thank you, Captain."

"Yes sir." She nodded her head and returned to her station. The dead were dead, there was no need to honor them to bury their hearts at sea. This detour was taking them off course and leading them through somewhat dangerous territory. However, she was a servant of the Empire, and she followed her orders no matter how inefficient they seemed to her.

As the Captain made his announcement she was already working on the calculations for their jump and their subsequent jumps thereafter. The route would be fast but, she was careful not to get them too close to stellar phenomena. Taking into account their gravity wells she could avoid them while keeping the amount of separate jumps small. This was something she understood. Numbers and math, cold hard immutable math, the language of the universe, it was one she'd learn to speak. Though all her knowledge had done nothing to help her understand other sentients, or herself and why she couldn't forget, let go of that moment.

The work helped it pushed it away. Occupied her mind a least for some time. A message came in on her data pad, it was from Keizar.

'Are you attending the Burial?'

'No, I have duties to attend to.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, this distraction could put us behind schedule I need to make sure we arrive on time and in one piece.'

'If you can make it I will save a space for you.'

Natalia returned to her work shutting out the world, and shutting down the feelings inside her. She had a job to do.

TAG: @Bravo

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jengleheimer Voss 'aka Jingle'
    Darkest Night, Hallway outside Command Medical Bay

After the Andrews situation had been cleaned up he had slept briefly and left so that he could get work done early. Leave at 0400, get it done fast, help out in the kitchens and make sure all paperwork was properly submitted. Then if all was well at a decent point in time he would get another syringe full of good broth for the Commodore.

It had gone fairly smoothly. Things seemed to be going right. Andrews had caved to pressure. Three kitchens were humming at varying levels of capacity, and no body had burned the morning food choices yet. He was just walking out, syringe in pocket, hoping to beat whatever fussy doctors were there to their rounds when the announcement came overhead.

Duke's voice came overhead, "Now hear this. Now hear this. Burial unit to the auxiliary hanger by 07:30 hundred hours. Burial unit to auxiliary hanger by 07:30 hundred hours. We respect our fallen at 08:00 hours. That is all."

As the comm died silent, he ran to the back of the kitchen, pulling up the list. He scrolled quickly as his heart sank faster than a souffle at a rock concert. Walking out he numbly noted someone asking after him, he merely dropped the basting syringe on the floor. Walking away numb.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Various personnel, Surgeon-Commander Debgate, Darkest Night
    Timeline: overnight

Activity continued throughout the 'night'.

Crews entered the control cabins of the huge AT-AT barges to activate sonic and water cleansers to hose their legged war machines clean, ready for the morning.

They did not necessarily know that a new Commodore would be coming aboard, however this was the Empire, so efficiency was paramount.

Senior medics, and trusted maintenance personnel, had sprung into action before the announced burial detail, hauling coffins out of storage and dividing them out within the various GenMeds (general medical bays) where the fatalities had been stored.

After getting her answer from the Brigadier General, Debgate had returned to the Command Medical Bay to find Du'ra Cell still inside, chatting to Baille to keep her company. Apparently, Harte was un-nerved by being in the same place where Peter Englewood had died so violently.

Deb had installed the new girl on the bed next to her neice, though of course outside the isolation field; and while they carried on conversing, she shut herself into her office, casting Strength of Bear upon herself to afford herself an extra half hour of desperately needed stamina.

The Barbarian intended to use that time to call up the records for all the fatalities to see their religions, and/or deities, and what customs needed to be performed upon their demise.
    And for those for whom that data was not present, and who had not stated themselves as anti-religion, she made a note to perform a prayer to the Tribunal, so at least one deity...well, three, were looking out for them.

"24 Stormtroopers?" She murmured, upon reviewing the casualty list scrolling down her screen. "Not bad considering we were attacking a city." Taking into account the stormtroopers lost with the escape pod and the thermal detonator...

Deb frowned as the incident reminded her of the scanning technician arrested by Security Chief Shinzon, for not detecting the thermal detonator whilst the pod had been in space, and his scanning equipment had been on the star destroyer.

She thought that was a no brainer. It was almost like the Chief had been trying to find a scapegoat.

A couple of tapped keys, and she had which Brig the man was in, and she commed the relevant Brig Office. Before she could identify herself, the unseen worker asked: "
    Are you comming to ask where the name 'brig' comes from?"

Her frown deepened as she leaned back in her seat and stared at the comm held in her fist. "No. Is this how you answer all your calls?"

"Only on the night shift. Who is this?"

"The Chief Medical Officer."

"Ah. Ma'am!"

"Yesss." Deb smiled and nodded at her comlink. "Now, the scanning operator arrested by Chief Shinzon yesterday morning; with Shinzon re-assigned, what is the prisoner's status?"

"Well, he's still here, Doc'."

"Yes, well, I figured that. What I mean is, did the Chief leave any instructions. Cessation of chocolate rations, that sort of thing?"

"Oh yes, he can have all the chocolate he wants."

"Really?!" That didn't sound like the spiky Mandalorian, at all.

"No, not really."

The exchange continued for a bit, then ended with her agreeing to check in with whomever was running Ship Security in the morning, and then she shut down, and headed to her quarters within the Command Tower, directly under the Bridge Deck.

Sometimes it felt odd to be on the bridge, or in that Ready Room, thinking that she literally lived just downstairs. One of the shortest commutes this side of the Galactic Centre.

She went through the guarded security checkpoints, let the passcode panels scan her eye, and went inside the secure living area for Command Officers, and Senior Staff Officers such as herself.

Was it any wonder that the Commodore had felt the need to participate in away missions? He probably thought that he had been doing his team favours, including the Communications Chief, Reen G'Spaugh, that she had patched up, using the Big Bone Knitter on the girl's poor ribs.

Slowing at an intersection, Deb' looked down the hallway that served the entrances for several sets of sleeping quarters, hers included, then turned on her heel to pop into the Crew Lounge, just a fifth of the capacity of the 100-patron ones that were elsewhere in the ship.

Inside were several round tables draped with white tablecloths, and a bar counter served by a row of seat-backed stools.

A uniformed junior officer with a white apron on, was polishing a glass with a washcloth, and nodded to her as she stepped inside. Ensign Waldeau.

"Hey Wald."

"Hey Chief. Milky caf?"

The blonde femme nodded gratefully. It was nice to have people who knew what you liked, as soon as they saw you enter. "Yes, please."

"Debgate One?"

She slumped her shoulders as she relaxed just at the words, and dropped into one of the empty chairs, too tired to even to smooth the back of her skirt before she slumped on it. "Oh, yes please."

"Got it."

One of the special things that she liked about Star Destroyer crew lounges, was that the ceiling was a holographic display that could give the impression that the lounge was a planetside establishment, with a skylight that looked out at a bit of a skyline of structures, and a day or night sky. At the moment it was set to the glassy side of the administrative complex on Javin, against a starry sky. During the day shifts, it could be set to a lighter, sunnier image.

One of the many people in the past that she had saved, had worked with Debgate and a digital artist to render a customised ceiling holo, showing a dark blue, cloud-streaked moon in a clear starless night sky, super-imposed by three bone-white spires that she had had to draw and re-draw first: the Wizard Spires on the...Commons, from her homeworld.

The night-time scene put her in mind of the moon of Luclin, as seen from the spires, and she found the sight terribly nostalgic and relaxing; and it was amongst the best presents that anyone had ever arranged for her.

There was no-one else in the lounge for her to seek permission from, so she was able to lean back in her chair as the waiter, Wald, placed the cup of frothy hot caf in front of her, while she looked up at the ceiling, and drank in the sight.

"Here you go, Chief."

"Thanks, Wald. Don't let me stay longer than fifteen minutes. I need to get some beauty sleep."

"Understood. Running the timer." He made no move to run any timer, but turned and headed back to his spot behind the bar.

Debgate straightened her legs and stretched them under the table. She yawned expansively, not covering her mouth, however she trusted the ensign not to rat her out to his peers. Besides, discretion was a stipulation of working within this rarified section of the ship.

Tag: no-one

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    GM Approved
    [​IMG]
    General
    ---Name:
    Adrias Stark
    ---Species: Human
    ---Home World: Coruscant
    ---Year of Birth: 31 BBY
    ---Government or Political Cause Allegiance: Galactic Empire

Appearance
    ---Height:
    185 cm
    ---Weight: 82 kg
    ---Eye Colour: grey
    ---Hair Colour: Light brown
    ---Tattoos and Body Piercings: None
    ---Other Attributes: Lean and wiry, muscular

Clothing, Equipment, & Weapons
    ---Professional Clothing:
    Standard Imperial uniform
    ---Other Clothing: Civilian clothing is simple and practical, but elegant
    ---Body Armour: Standard Stormtrooper Armour
    ---Primary Weapon: E-11 Blaster Rifle
    ---Secondary Weapon: SE-14r Light Repeating Blaster
    ---Martial Arts: Proficient in “Self Defense Without Weapons” (sambo)

Personality
    ---Traits:
    Intelligent, distant, loyal, a bit cold, follows orders, ambitious, a bit bitter
    ---Habits: reading about military history, politics, economics, watching holomovies, archery
    ---Favourite Foods: most junk food
    ---Favourite Drinks: sweet fizzy drinks, occasional beer
    ---Favourite Social Events: watching holomovies with close friends
    ---Social & Cultural Likes: loyalty, tight circle of friends
    ---Social & Cultural Dislikes: crowds, parties, intrigues and duplicity

Education & Skills
    ----Highest Education Level:
    Coruscant University (history), Carida Academy
    ---Specialized Education: SpecOps training
    ---Primary Professional Skill: Infantry
    ---Secondary Professional Skill: SpecOps
    ---Life Experience Skills: Vehicle driving, marksmanship (learned while going hunting with his father), archery

The Force
    ---Jedi, Sith, or Other:
    None
    ---Force Sensitivity: None
    ---Force Abilities: None
    ---Lightsaber: None

Character Flaws / Limitations
    ---Physical Limitation:
    Old wounds that hurt from time to time
    ---Mental Limitation: Being a loner, not working well in a team
    ---Emotional Limitation: Needing to belong, loneliness
    ---Character Critical Failure: Afraid of medical tests and procedures, fear that others might think that he had risen not because of his skills but because his father is an Admiral

Biography
    ---Early Life, Education, & Family:
    Born on Coruscant in the family of a high ranking Republic officer Adrias grew up in army camps around the Galaxy as his father was reassigned to different worlds. During the Clone Wars he and his mother had to return to their family home on Coruscant for their own protection. He spent the rest of his childhood reading history books. His mother constantly following the war trying to find out something about her husband, so Adrias grew up with images of combat. When the New Order was declared his father rose in the ranks up to becoming an Admiral.

When he was old enough he enrolled in the Coruscant University to study military history and economics. Hoping for a life in academia, but his true calling was in the military. After graduating in the top of his class he enrolled in the Carida Academy. He was fascinated by the Clone ARC Troopers so he wanted to become a Shocktrooper or even better to become a Death Trooper.

He aced his studies and training but was passed over for the coveted specializations. This made him bitter, but remained loyal to the Empire. That was just another obstacle that needed to be overcome.

---Professional Life: Served with several units, transferred several times, saw some combat.
    ---Traumatic Experiences: the first time he took a life, also the accidental shooting of some civilians

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  10. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Stormtrooper Captain Kurt Stein
    One of many Mess Halls, Javin Oversector Command & Administrative Complex

The place was a mad house. Not only was the mess hall serving the newly arrived stormtrooper transfers, but also---and much more noticeably---the employees of the Javin Oversector Command complex. It only compounded the issue that it was late morning already, a few hours before the lunch hour. The forward thinking types---which apparently was hundreds of people---would be getting ahead of the lunch rush.

Kurt would hate to see this place at the Noon rush then.

The crackle of voices, the snap of laughter, and the overall boom of voices, rushing bodies to & from, and the occasional run into a old friend or coworker social greeting every now-and-then did nothing but make the clutter and craziness intensify.

Kurt decided that being a cook---in this mess hall---had to be worse then being sent to Kessel's mines.

Through all the craziness and businesses of the mess hall, Kurt kept a razor---but casual---focus on one of their transfer members: Sergeant First Class Adrias Stark.

In the entire back-to-back, shoulder-to-shoulder, standing room only mess hall, the Sergeant had managed to get a little corner space of table and the seat across from him all to himself. Kurt didn't know whether to be impressed by the man's luck, or terrified that the stormtrooper had somewhat scared everyone else away. Either way, it spoke volumes and Kurt soaked in every detail. After all, the Sergeant would be rank-and-file in with Joker Platoon once the Darkest Night arrived and Kurt, the Force had destined, would be his commanding officer.

Sergeant First Class.

That little daily reminder to Adrias had to be like what Clouzon-36 was to a human trying to breathe. Or like what Realspace was to almost everything not born in the dark void---frigid death. Adrias, it seemed, was on the wrong side of a general's bad day---or maybe it was something his Admiral dad had done to a general years ago; family-to-family grudges seemed to impact the next-of-kin in the military very hard, no matter how hard people said it didn't and all evaluations were all based on professional testing standards.

Sure, Kurt thought, and I'm a Bantha in Stormtrooper armor...

Family-to-family grudges, especially among flag officers, were known to all within the rank-and-file to be nothing short of career killing for the son or daughter who followed in their parent's footsteps. Or, maybe---just maybe---this Adrias guy had done a general's daughter wrong in a relationship (maybe dumped her over data-pad text message---those were popular these days apparently) and the general sought to protect his innocent princess by all means. And that meant Adrias' career for payment to erase the wrong.

It didn't matter, Kurt knew, at the end of the day. Adrias was here, not there. And that, on the black-and-white emotionless military order was all that mattered to Adrias' immediate life concerns.

And Kurt's.

Kurt had his orders from Vader. And he would need to see how loyal Adrias was. Because Vader's mere mention could get Adrias the promotion he wanted and---per his testing scores---deserved. What was most important to Adrias was about to become front-and-center, and only Vader could give whatever Adrias wanted out of the military.

But Kurt was the gate keeper and Adrias would have to prove himself, before Kurt even whispered Adrias' name to the Dark Lord. The carrot for the rabbit it seemed.

The stormtrooper captain smiled inwardly. How bad did Adrias want that promotion? What was he willing to sacrifice for---ah that was it, Kurt thought, that explained his loneliness at the table---his Admiral dad's approval? How much was father's approval needed?

It was time to find out.

Finishing his last bites, Kurt got up---located and disposed of his food into the trash---and tactically maneuvered himself through the battlefield of bodies, tables, and clean-up in isle 9 incidents---and found himself across from Adrias.

"May I, Sergeant?" Kurt asked, motioning to the empty seat across from Adrias with a open hand.

TAG @TheAdmiral

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  11. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001

Animal didn't get to answer. The intercomm blasted alive with the news about paying respects. Maybe a answer for another time, then.

The Master Sergeant nodded at the Lieutenant's next note of action, "I would agree. My squad helped rescue the good Commodore before he fell ill."

Whole lot of good that rescuing did, Animal thought darkly, now the Commodore went up and got himself killed anyways.

As the turbolift stopped, Animal restarted it back up to their quarters. When it stopped again and the pair emptied out onto the proper floor, Animal said, "Get your best on, Lieutenant. We're representing the Corps today."

Some time later....

Animal was standing outside the barracks, in his NCO dress uniform, when Lieutenant Shan emerged.

Smartly dressed to a T in her officer's dress uniform.

"Lieutenant," Animal said with a respectful nod, then motioned a hand back towards the turbolifts, "Shall we?"

Maybe now she could ask that question again about his upbringing as the two walked in lock-step towards the turbolifts. The pair had plenty of time to spare until the indicated service time.

Or maybe her mind had moved on to other matters and she had forgot.

It didn't bother the Master Sergeant either way. He would let her decide what was important and what wasn't. It wasn't like she was in for a blockbuster action holo-movie story about his childhood anyways, more like a tissue eye weter drama with your fair dose of what the Force moments.

TAG @TheSilentInfluence

TheAdmiral likes this.
  12. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Brigadier General Alexey Vasiliev
    Bridge (Corridor), Darkest Night

Previous night.....

They were just outside the bridge, the blast doors now closed. Aside from the two Navy Troopers standing sentry to the bridge, the corridor leading thereof was empty except for a droid or two on a repair or message delivery assignment turning down other corridors and one technician approaching their way, but suddenly taking another corridor just before reaching them.

The General listened to the good doctor's request in full before answering. Very rarely---if ever---was a legion deployed en-mass to any conflict from a ISD. More likely then not, at least, a handful of Stormtroopers stayed behind as a reminder of the Emperor's presence and to be a vanguard against any foolish enemy boarding actions.

Losing one trooper to medical wouldn't affect operational effectiveness. And, as the saying went, a happy doctor was a happy commander. In this case, General Vasiliev.

"Very well Doctor," Alexey said without much resistance, "Cell can be yours. I'll assign her as your personal security detail---the system needs something that looks legit or it'll bounce back my transfer order within my own command. Quality controls at their finest, as they say. With the Commodore's recent illn---I mean passing---it would make sense that keeping our top personnel protected from another demise for operational effectiveness would be paramount. I'm sure Stormtrooper Command would agree with that assessment. If the Corps is besides themselves, I'll let you know. But I doubt it. They have bigger fish to fry then a simple transfer," Alexey looked at his watch, then to the Doc, "Until tomorrow, Doctor," he finished with a respectful nod and walked off towards his own quarters and---hopefully---some sleep finally.

TAG @Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 and TheAdmiral like this.
  13. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    Bridge, Darkest Night

Morning.....

The blue tunnel of hyperspace stretched into lines of white light, then longer dots of light, then snapping into their proper alignment all withing seconds as the ISD dropped out of hyperspace.

"Sensors?" Duke asked, noting the time on his watch.

07:00 hours.

They still had thirty minutes.

"Nothing, sir," an officer's voice from the crew pits offered, "Not even a passing freighter. The system is empty. No major population centers or Type One Atmospheres. An old abandoned mining colony is suppose to be on the second planet closet to the sun, protected by a sun shield, if records are still accurate. But its been shuttered since before the Naboo Crisis."

Over 30 years ago, Duke thought. The captain looked on at the eerie quietness of the star system as the Star Destroyer passed through. It seemed even life itself had forsaken this star system. Ahead was the sun.

In any normal circumstance, it would be prudent of any Imperial Navy commanding officer to check out that mining colony. Such shuttered facilities were havens for the lawless and those wishing not to be found. But this was not any normal circumstance.

"Flight Control?" Duke asked, adding mentally he had no desire to bring the ISD closer to that mining colony and risk a fight, considering such actions would entail him having to explain to his superiors why the Darkest Night was late on arrival to Javin.

"Yes, Captain?" asked a junior officer from the pit.

"Detach a flight of TIEs to check that colony out. We don't want to be amiss in our duties to the Empire."

"As ordered, sir," the Lieutenant responded, instructing his underlings on more specific methods to carry out the captain's orders.

"Helm," Duke finally called out, "Status to our destination?"

While to Duke it looked like they were approaching just fine, outer space was as unpredictable as anything and it took a trained eye to know the difference.

TAG @galactic-vagabond422

TheAdmiral likes this.
  14. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Technical Services Division Technicians Pack & Sandy
    Corridor, outside Command Medical Bay, Darkest Night

"He's dead," Sandy called out after the retreating back of Jingle from the ComBay, "And there's nothing more about it. I would know," the Commodore's now former undercover Aide-de-camp said, "He was my friend. A good friend. But now, its over. And we move on."

He and Pack stood there---as they always did---side by side. Sandy's voice was grave & deep, but carried with it a life time of experience and understanding.

"The Army," Sandy continued on just as gravely, hoping something would stick with the cook, "You a leg, me an arm. We both served. We both fought. We both lost something. But the Army taught us what to do. Now we put that training to use, once again. We move on," he repeated the phrase again.

Sandy was here because the Force wanted him here. He felt it. He didn't know why then, but he knew why now. It was for Jingle. For this moment. At this time. In this place.

TAG @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Bridge, Darkest Night

They dropped out of hyperspace on schedule finding an empty desolate system. There was a mining colony that had been abandoned since before she was even born. There was a bit of curiosity as to whether or not the sun shields work. However it wasn't important at that moment. They needed to get this funeral over with so she could get back to the route towards Javin. She angled the ship to make the last journey of the fallen an easy one, send directly into star. They were further out than usual the massive heat and radiation of the star was greater than most and could wreak havoc on the shields and electrical systems if they go too close.

"Helm," The captain called out to her "Status to our destination?"

"We are almost in position sir." She replied checking their location, "should be in set in a few minutes." Her face frowned ever so slightly. They were drifting, more being pulled. She had accounted for the relative gravity had she not? A bit of thrust and they were back on course. It was still strange, she didn't think she had made a mistake. She knew as well as anyone that even being off by the slightest of margins could be disastrous. Her mind was going over all the reasons they could have been pulled off course. A planetoid that wasn't on her charts, some dark matter interaction, unknown gravity well. It wasn't strong enough to effect the other planets in the system but, strong enough to pull them just slightly off course. She sent it off to sensors for analysis while she continued to correct for it. Putting them a little closer to the sun than she would have wanted but, it should be far enough that they are not blasted by radiation...so long as there wasn't a solar flare.

"We are in position sir," she reported the oddity having been dealt with. "There was an unknown gravity well when we entered I have corrected our course to account for it."

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Bravo and TheAdmiral like this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Outspoken and Enraged Mod of SWTV and SWC star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014

Elena wasn't sure what to make of the Master-Sargent yet. He seemed quiet, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. He probably knows Joker Platoon better then anyone. Useful. If I learn from him I might learn a thing or two about being an effective leader. She turned back to Animal as they fell in step with one another, realising that they still had some time before the service time. "I grew up on Ureter." Elena offered as she glanced over at him. "Probably not as backwater as some of the other planets in the outer rim, but it was still..." She shook her head and added, "...still enough not to be noticed. Until I joined the Academy. Where did you grow up Master-Sargent?"

Hopefully I can get him to open up a little. I need to figure out who's loyal and who isn't, I'm sure I could get Animal to help me out in that regard. Especially if he's been with them for so long. Elena thought to herself as she waited for a reply. I can't let grandfather down.

Bravo and TheAdmiral like this.
  17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Sergeant First Class Adrias Stark

Adrias walked in the Mess Hall. He gave a silent sigh, there was a large crowd as usual. He disliked having to fight through them to get to the food and he was starving. ‘Come on, come on...’ he thought impatiently as he was trying to sidestep a couple of people talking to each other. ‘Why some people decide that standing in the way is the best place to talk!?’ Adrias gave an apologetic smile as one of the speakers noticed him and made way.

Despite incidents like these his new assignment was not so bad. Though his “curse” seems to be following him. Somehow people started to learn that he had been passed over for Shocktrooper and Death Trooper training. Then they tended to learn that his father was an Admiral. His parent had lost his favor in High Command for refusing to bombard a suspected Rebel outpost because there were refugees hiding there. Despite that he managed to defeat the insurgents, though because of that the Imperial casualties had been increased. Ever since that incident the ISB was on his tail sniffing for disloyalty.

Unfortunately that impacted Adrias’ career prospects. At least until he could prove that he won’t make the same mistake as his parent. Though that prospect terrified him as it might involve having to shoot at unarmed civilians or something like that. Adrias remembered the first time it happened. It was a couple of years ago on some backwater world which was unlucky enough to rebel against the Empire. It was one of his first missions…

His thoughts were interrupted by the fact that it was his turn to get some food. What passed for nourishment was rather bland. Adrias longed for a thick and juicy burger, some fries and a fizzy soft drink or even better a milkshake. His metabolism allowed for him to indulge these little “vices”. That and the workout scheme he followed.

Adrias took his tray with chow and walked around looking for somewhere to sit. Most people stared at him blankly, some were a bit hostile as if he was intruding. He was the new guy and so far he had not made any friends or joined a clique. Adrias hated these things but they were inevitable. Hopefully he could find someone with whom he could talk. There was an empty seat at the corner of a table. Adrias sat in it and noticed that the one opposite him was empty as well. He gave a small shrug and started to eat.

He was halfway done with the meal when a person approached him. The Sergeant noticed that the man was an officer so he jumped on his feet and stood in attention. The Captain asked whether he could join him. That made Adrias’ brain to work hard, but he revealed nothing.

“Of course sir!”

Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  18. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Stormtrooper Captain Kurt Stein

Stein smiled at the promptness of the stormtrooper, his memories drifting back ever so briefly to his first few years in the Corps. Those days of wide-eyed adventure, the drive to excel at every test---physical or mental---and the desire to be the best of the best were, for the most part, replaced with a calmer, more put-together, and more professional soldier then what he was all those years ago, once standing where the Sergeant stood now, doing what the Sergeant did now. His desire of wanting to be a soldier was replaced by a desire of being a soldier. Two different worlds and one that very few soldiers could muster the strength to face, which lead to so many troops leaving the military long before they had given the armed forces a fair chance (and so many more regretting it). Wanting to be and being were as polar opposite as life and death and it came not with title or position, but with experience and understanding. The Kurt Stein of his younger gun slinging years would not understand this concept, but the Kurt Stein of his older years well understood the difference. And he tried to impress such wisdom on his troops where and when he could.

"At ease, trooper," Kurt replied and sat down, hoping the young gun would follow suit, "Sergeant Stark if memory serves correct? Captain Stein, new commanding officer for Joker Platoon. If the orders were correct, you'll be one of my new Sergeants. Sounds like we're all headed to fill holes left by Dark Battalion's recent action on Lepsawn One dash Nine. Does all that sound correct?"

Response. While some commanding officers desired text book responses from troops under their command, Kurt wanted understanding from his troopers. And understanding meant questions. If Sergeant Stark replied coldly & directly with a bear-bones answer, then Kurt knew he had a follower. A well trained, loyal, and efficient follower. If the Sergeant answered and followed up with a question of his own, then Kurt knew he had a trooper who would think on his feet, seek to understand the enemy or situation before reacting. While the former produced loyal drones, the latter produced warriors who could read & react to a situation as it changed. Which was Sergeant Stark?

TAG @TheAdmiral

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  19. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001

"Corellia," Animal answered as they reached the turbolift---let a technician pass by them as the doors opened to release them---then the Master Sergeant motioned the Lieutenant into the turbolift, "Sub-Adult Group took care of my needs from the time I was fourteen until I shipped off to Corps training. Parents were killed when I was fourteen and I lived my teenage years in an orphanage. The Sub-Adult Group became my family; they cared for me, educated me, feed me. When no one else cared, the Empire did."

When the turbolift stopped and emptied the pair out onto the same level as the auxiliary hanger, Animal noticed the light security detail; even the honored dead warranted protection. Two Imperial Navy Troopers were standing sentry to either side of the hanger bay's entrance as a Stormtrooper Officer in his duty black uniform was screening the various techs & droids coming & going from the hanger as they set up the place for the final send off of the Commodore and their other warrior dead. Two white armored Stormtroopers stood flanking the officer as a showed of force for any would-be trouble makers.

"Well," Animal said gravely as he watched the air-tight sealed silver caskets with the laser-cut Imperial crest dead center and an red Imperial flag draped over the casket being hovered in from the opposite direction. A squad of Stormtroopers solemnly walked with the caskets in escort formation as Imperial techs individually maneuvered each casket through the corridor & towards the hanger bay, "I never get use to seeing that."

The Master Sergeant swallowed the knot in his throat, "One thing to see their body all torn up by enemy fire. You expect that. Guts hanging out and all. But I could never wrap my mind around the final send off in casket. You wrap up the dead body, hanging out guts and all, to make them presentable for whatever people say is an afterlife. Just seemed eerie and odd."

Animal didn't know if he was talking to Elena or to himself. Maybe it was a way to reassure himself about these type of things by talking out-loud. After the caskets entered the hanger bay, Animal said, "Come on," to Elena.

Approaching the Stormtrooper security detail, the officer---a captain---held up a hand, "Hanger is locked down from any visitors until 0 seven hundred and thirty hours."

Animal looked at his watch and grimaced. Fifteen minutes.

Animal was a Stormtrooper and understood the drill about orders. Orders were orders. And any Stormtrooper knew that better then anyone else. Animal turned to Lieutenant Shan, "Fifteen minutes, Lieutenant," Animal walked back a few steps so the infantry captain wouldn't have to ask them to and leaned up against the bulkhead. "Anyone you write you, Lieutenant? Friends? Family? What keeps your sanity through the daily grind of the Corps?"

TAG @TheSilentInfluence

20. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    Bridge, Darkest Night

Morning.....

Duke pondered that last statement, "Gravity well?" he repeated more so for himself then for Natalia, "Helm, can you give sensors the specific coordinates of that gravity well? Sensors, I want as much information as you can get me on that gravity well."

"Yes, Captain," said a Lieutenant from the crew pits overseeing sensors.

Duke turned back to the distant sun as the bridge windows automatically tinted against the star's intense light.

Gravity well? Here? Even in a nearly-void star system such as this, a gravity well would have been on any updated star chart. At least anything of size. But the question then became, what produced such a small gravity well? The easy answer was probably the real answer: dissolute star systems such as this one were infrequently visited, even by probe droids---and as such---weren't as easily mapped.

Duke looked at his watch, "Captain Mason," Totter called out to the most senior ranked officer on the bridge at the moment, "The bridge is yours. I'll be attending the send off of our good late Commodore. Maintain position, sensors to max. Don't make a problem if we don't have to."

"Understood, sir!" the engineering officer responded, coming from the crew pits below to accept command of the bridge.

Duke turned to Natalia, "Navigation Captain Markova, will you be attending?"

21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Bridge, Darkest Night

"Helm," The captain began, "can you give sensors the specific coordinates of that gravity well?"

"Already done sir," She replied in her soft voice. Taking a moment she refined some of her data, pinning down the location, or her calculated location. It was easy enough using the mass of the Star Destroyer and the amount it was pulled off course, she could approximate the size or mass shadow of the object they had interacted with. It wasn't the best calculation, the lack of significant figures was a bit of a challenge. It should be enough to get a good scan. She busied herself with tracking their location, keeping their drift within acceptable norms, and keeping an eye on alerts from sensors warning of radiation bursts or other debris. It felt nice to get back into a routine, to shutout things around her and focus on her job. The only thing that made sense. No getting shot at, no fires burning all around her, just numbers and space. It was in this focus that she was snapped out of it by Captain Trotter.

"Navigation Captain Markova, will you be attending?" He asked.

"No sir." she replied quickly, "Unless you require me there sir." she followed up recalling her training in the proper way to address her superiors. She felt no need to attend the burial of the Commodore, there was no bringing him back, he didn't know or care what happened to his body. While there might have been some sense of loss in her, she didn't feel the need to send him off. There was no point to it...not to her. Keizar might have felt some pull towards tradition, her family being lifelong Navy but, Natalia wasn't raised as such. It was all empty formality to her.

Bravo likes this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Elena listens sympathetically, even going as far as gently placing her hand on Animal's arm as he talks. She lets it linger there for a little longer then she should, but she can see the hurt and anger on his face. "I'm sorry." And then, "It's worse when there isn't anything left of a trooper either." Elena frowns to herself, and steps back as they wait the fifteen minutes. Her eyes seem distant and she adds, "I was an orphan too. I don't remember anything about my family, if I had one. It was just me and my twin Erik left to fend for ourselves."

Elena takes a deep breath, and turns to look Animal in his eyes. "I remember this Lasat family, they ran a stall in the market. I knew we could always get something to eat from them, even if they didn't have much. I know that the Empire...disagrees with certain species. But if they hadn't fed my brother and I...then we never would have been found my the Empire and adopted." Elena leans against the wall at Animal's next question, "I have my brother Erik, he's a TIE pilot. And Grandfather, but he lives on Courscant trying to stay political." Elena smiles to herself at the thought, "You never think you need to be adopted until it happens, and Grandfather has been good. I've learned a lot from him."

"What about you? Do you have a family of your own? Kids?"

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Debgate, Personal Quarters, Darkest Night
    Timeline: 23:50 Ewok, definitely overnight

The Surgeon-Commander entered her quarters, well actually, she stood on the border of the open door, and slowly lifted her right knee and poked the leg into the dark room, waiting for the light sensor inside to go through its 'Ello, something has changed; better switch on the lumis' rigmarole, which she needed, cos she couldn't see for **** in what she called the dark, and what other people called, less than really proper lighting.

She was greeted by a blue carpet, with a three-seat sofa against the windowed bulkhead to her left, an open area for personal effects and decorations to her right, along with a 3-seat dining table.

Beyond the double doors in front of her, on the other side of this living area, were her bedroom, and beyond that, a fresher with bath, sonic shower.

She had not understood the significance of having a bath, until the first time that Baille had visited, and stood beside it with her jaw dropped open like a hangar bay.

"Rear bay 327,"she remembered quipping to the awestruck little girl. "we are opening the magnetic shield."

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

A memory closer to home, from earlier this very day, had made Deb leave the lounge before her fifteen minutes, and come back to check the lists of the dead.

Not only had the Englewood family lost Peter, but his brother-in-law, a member of Joker Platoon, had been sniped in the head, early in the ground campaign.

She had sent a text message to Captain Totter, as this would be useful information to know, if he were indeed writing to the Commodore's family.

Her datapad's medical spellcheck, grammar check, AI, bless it's synthetic heart, had pulled her up over her description of 'Massive head trauma', eg. "Did you mean, he/she/it had a massive head, and was traumatised about it?"

Smiling through a yawn, or yawning through a smile, she had assured it, that no, what she wrote, was fine.

The Barbarian had padded naked into the shower to remove the dirt of the day, donned into her black gnomeskin t-shirt and skirt, and gone to bed, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Tag: no-one

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  24. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  25. Bravo

Sep 10, 2001
    Bridge, Darkest Night

Morning.....

"No," Totter replied, "Not an order. Simply an offer. Please keep your comlink open, Captain Markova. You never know in these forgotten systems when we'll need to move and move quickly," Duke turned to the engineering officer standing by him next, sharing a few last minute words with Captain Mason, then Duke departed the bridge to go get ready.

OOG:
    Another short post tonight. I'm stuck storyline wise until the funeral send off.