main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Paradoxical Echoes: An Original Trilogy Game (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Flight Lieutenant Alex Qipao19, Chief Communications Officer Reen G'Spaugh, Flight Lieutenant Baille Harte, Pilots Lounge

Alex passively monitored G'Spaugh's behaviour, secretly pleased at how well she was settling into this concept of the TALC team being moulded in the furnace of Lepsawn, giving her something to feel part of, again. And unexpectedly, once her natural 'no time for the weak' inclination to not count Markova, got shut down by himself and Baille, her certainly seeming to take the lead in drawing their fifth member into the fold.

He would have to keep an eye on this, though. And report the results back to the Chief Medical Officer.

"Ah, you are here!" Reen beamed up at Markova as she arrived at the coffee table, her head bowed for some reason. "Good girl!"

"Hey, Natalia." Baille gave the navigational officer a little friendly wave.

"I shouldn't be away long, I was in the middle of a project."

"Project?" Alex echoed with a frown. "What have they got you working on?"

"Never mind that!" G'Spaugh indicated the spare one of the five padded black leather armchairs, clustered around the low coffee table. "Sit, sit. Make yourself comfortable."

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG:

Characters & Persons
    Organizations
    Events, Locations, Operations
    Equipment, Weapons, & Vehicles/Vessels
    Objects & Nature
    • N/A

___________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Senior Lieutenant Enoch Steadfast

Main (Aft) Hanger, Darkest Night

"Thank you trooper," Steadfast said, taping his walking cane on the floor, "I do think it would be most appropriate to get ready for whatever awaits us," Steadfast looked to the medical officer, "Although I am beyond puzzled as to how we are going to deal with this little embarrassment," he nodded back to the ship, "How do you explain this to a new CO? I can't even blame the security chief anymore! He's gone, off saving the galaxy like a farm boy from Tatooine!"

TAG @Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jingleheimmer Voss (Jingle)
    Pilots Lounge

For a while there was an awkward silence followed by himself questioning whether they had all been poisoned by bad hooch, luckily it was perfectly crazy and soon Markova came an joined them. His method of handling that madness before she had come was simply to act like it had never had happened.

"Ah, you are here!" Reen beamed up at Markova as she arrived at the coffee table, her head bowed for some reason. "Good girl!" That, that was not a promising sign even if appropriate.

"Hey, Natalia." Baille gave the navigational officer a little friendly wave.

"I shouldn't be away long, I was in the middle of a project."

"Project?" Alex echoed with a frown. "What have they got you working on?"

"Never mind that!" G'Spaugh indicated the spare one of the five padded black leather armchairs, clustered around the low coffee table. "Sit, sit. Make yourself comfortable."

"Please, sit and stay. Have some of this questionable liquor. It's good for all to join in a wake." he called out slapping the arm of his chair before waving at the empty cushy chairs around the coffee table.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422 , @Sith-I-5

Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Natalia Markova
    Pilots Lounge

Natalia took a chair still looking down avoiding eye contact. A drink was put in front of her and she didn't pick it up. She still didn't feel that she should be here or what to do. Social events were not her strong suit. Pulling out her datapad she flicked through it not really looking for anything just something to keep her distracted from the awkward silence that settled in. She was not one to talk or start a conversation, she didn't know how to carry it and when asked about her project it was quickly cast aside. What did that leave her with?

Nothing, but silence. She checked her chono, 5 minutes, she would stay 5 minutes before returning to her work. That should be sufficient?

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Sith-I-5

Bravo likes this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Debgate, Du'ra Cell, main lounge of mystery freighter

The Barbarian was impressed with the Duros' fortitude. This was supposed to be his sleep cycle, yet he wanted to be prepared to meet their new commodore.

She frowned inwardly. Would he still be a commodore when he came aboard?

The title, as Captain Risk explained it anyway, was more to do with being in charge of multiple ships, than being a promotion up the ladder.

Perhaps they were rejoining the 115th, after picking him up.

Steadfast looked her way, and expressed being at a loss as to how they were going to explain this freighter away.

"We were at Yellow Alert. Shields up. Who would have the authority to order the shields dropped, with Commodore Englewood off the ship?"

"Permission to speak freely." DUR-2207 requested, standing a few metres from them.

Debgate gestured readily at the girl. "Granted. You don't need to ask if I'm present."

"Ma'am. Sir." She looked at them both. "The crew claimed to be ISB, and according to Trooper Church in the mess hall, their orders checked out. In some way, this originates with the Imperial Security Bureau."

The Surgeon-Commander nodded at this and regarded Enoch. "Agreed. The deck officer on duty when I came to check this out, commented that ISB matters are above my pay grade. Is that right?" Now she pointed at Enoch. "You are third in command of this star destroyer, and I am not that far from you."

Tag: @Bravo

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Senior Lieutenant Enoch Steadfast
    Main (Aft) Hanger, Darkest Night

Steadfast shrugged, "Its a gray area. Administratively, only the Executive Officer could override a CO's orders--or the Second Officer in place of the XO---based on a change in the tactical environment, effective mission priority and mission success concerns, or an unacceptable risk to vessel and crew. Typically the first two go together, while the last one is rarely used, as its too hard to prove at a court martial. The ISB, on the other hand, is not military. Their government. But, its a tit for tat at that point. Is the risk of turning away ISB worth a removal from your post from Imperial Center if, lets say, it was ISB on Vader's orders? Or do you take the risk of disobeying your CO? Which is worse? ISB can call into question your loyalty for sneezing the wrong way. And, if proven, you'll be in a military prison quick, which it almost always is with the ISB. Or worse. I don't think the military courts would much fault anyone for following through with authentic ISB orders. Its not like the military is going to storm into Vader's Castle and demand answers. Now, if orders weren't authentic---which is hard to do, since you'd have to get past sensors and communication checks first before landing---then you have a different story. But, I'd bet my bottom credit those orders were excellent authentic fakes. You have the credits, even the best Imperial slicers can't see past a fake these days unless you have an entire laboratory on site dedicated to security risks. So, now, the question becomes who messed up at ISB to allow fake orders through? I don't see this as a navy issue, I see this as an ISB issue."

TAG @Sith-I-5

7. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Sergeant First Class Adrias Stark
    Ocean, ten miles from Javin Oversector Command & Administrative Complex

Adrias tried to make as little noise as possible. Luckily for him the ship was creaking and groaning. Not to mention the reactor room cacophony. He almost hit his head on a low hanging pipe. That would have left a dent on his helmet. Stark ducked under it, finding a narrow way behind a large piece of machinery. He could see a small passage, probably used by the technicians to move around quickly.

Adrias risked a peek from behind the machinery. There was a whole group of Gungans. He couldn’t hear what they were saying from all that racket. The task just got more difficult. Looking up he saw a sniper. He hid back again, not wanting to risk being seen by him. His brief look gave sufficient information. The sniper’s catwalk could be accessed by the stairs or a side hatch. Hopefully the access that he had found would lead to it.

The water slowed him down a bit. The access was a stroke of luck as it lead to another staircase. It was a narrow one but he managed to squeeze in. Hopefully the armor won’t make too much noise. Adrias checked the stairs as he didn’t want them to collapse on him while climbing.

There was not much time, before he hid from the sniper he managed to hear that there were three minutes left until the water reached the reactor and it all would explode. “Yeah, no sweat...” he murmured. Adrias had to act quickly, there was no time for an elaborate plan. He had to take out the sniper first, then hopefully take out the “detonator man” before he blew them up to smithereens.

The steps made the usual metallic clank when he stepped on them with his armored boots. That could not be avoided. Hopefully all of the enemies would be focused on the Captain. Adrias grunted in amusement. At least it was not him under the spotlight. He shook his head to chase the thought. Good thing he was not walking in water. Reaching the topside hatch he opened it slowly and carefully.

There was the sniper. Adrias thought to shoot the guy, but that would simply make the bossman explode. He steadied himself and then rummaged through his utility belt. He found a cord, strangling him would take time and besides the Gungan could struggle to free himself and thus reveal the attack. He touched his left hip, there it was, the combat knife. That would work.

The Sergeant stepped on the catwalk as silently as possible. The stupid Gungan did not notice him. Even with his oversized ears he could not hear him from the noise that the reactor was making. Adrias made a few quick steps. As he reached the sniper he cupped his mouth and with his free hand cut his throat. The sniper made a gurgling sound spilling blood everywhere.

Adrias laid the body almost gently. He was right over the boss. Adrias signalled the Captain to be ready. The Sergeant switched to stun and aimed. Hopefully they would be able to arrest the guy and interrogate him. A couple of bluish-white circles flew in the air striking the target in the head. The Gungan shrieked and fell in the water dragging the girl with him. Hopefully he did not kill her, but given that they were still alive was a good sign. The blast attracted the attention of the other aliens. ‘Uh oh...’ he thought as he tried to move to a better position as the blaster shots started melting the catwalk. Some decided to shoot at the Captain and the other trooper.

Hopefully the Stormtroopers’ training and experience would be sufficient to finish off the assailants…

TAG: @Bravo

Bravo likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Reen G'Spaugh, Baille Harte, Alex Qipao19, Dark Nebulae pilots' lounge

Fortunately, Jengleheimer did not need any persuading to join in encouraging Natalia to quit hovering over them, and sit sit her choobie down. "Please, sit and stay. Have some of this questionable liquor. It's good for all to join in a wake." He slapped the padded arm of his chair, before waving to an empty one.

Markova came around and sat down, managing to do so without making eye contact with anyone.

Despite that, Reen gave the navigational officer another hearty "Good girl!"

Baille topped up everyone's glasses, and slid one in front of Natalia, however instead of even acknowledging the thing's existence, she pulled out that ever present datapad of hers, and started to flick through it.

Reen glared at the device, and made a move to take it, then sensed and spotted Alex staring hard at her over Natalia's bowed head, so she settled back in her chair. She burned with the desire to tell Nat to put the thing away, and stop being rude, and felt a bit like a caged sand panther, not being allowed to do so.

"We'll try not to keep you long, Natalia." Alex opened, "and we will get to the toast in a moment. First, it is important that you know that you are a part of a team now. Team Away Lepsawn City. Or TALC, for short. If you have any problems, you can come to any of us." He looked across at the Chef, checking, perhaps belatedly, that he was onboard with the idea. "Right, Chief?"

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422

Bravo likes this.
  9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Elena Shan
    Army Quarters, Trooper Barracks, Darkest Night; hyperspace

Elena was surprised by how smoothly everything went, and soon she was ready to get some rest and relaxation for the next 72 hours. She smiled at herself in the mirror at her dress uniform and clicked her heels together as she held her hat in her hands. I love being able to explore new planets, hopefully Joker Platoon can stay out of trouble, or if it finds them; they don't get caught.

"Stay out of trouble." Elena said with a smile. She walked over to Animal and stopped next to him. "Hopefully the locals like how snazzy we look." Elena sounded amused, and she took one last look around the room to make sure it was spotless.

Tag: @Bravo

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Pilots Lounge

It had gone from a wake to a socially awkward sitting group of people, and the newest one, despite his words seemed to want nothing better than to leave. Not exactly the best start to her coming and part of why he had delayed her coming, didn't mean she didn't need this. Perhaps even more than they did. He had a feeling this might be her first loss.

"We'll try not to keep you long, Natalia." Alex opened, saving Jingle, "and we will get to the toast in a moment. First, it is important that you know that you are a part of a team now. Team Away Lepsawn City. Or TALC, for short. If you have any problems, you can come to any of us." When Alex looked across at the Chef, who had a look of concentration at the other man. "Right, Chief?"

"Right. Although the name is open if you want to suggest one." he suggested lightly, hopefully to draw out something better than a climbing powder for their impromptu groups name. Downside of course was he now had to remember who they all were as individuals, which meant more time with them. Especially as he wasn't sure he knew more than two names at the moment.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Pilots Lounge

"We'll try not to keep you long, Natalia." The navigator looked up from her datapad closing what she was currently working on. Good she still had things to do. "and we will get to the toast in a moment. First, it is important that you know that you are a part of a team now. Team Away Lepsawn City. Or TALC, for short. If you have any problems, you can come to any of us." She furrowed her brow. Was she not already part of a team so to speak she was part of the Imperial navy and the crew of this ship in particular? Though she did find that the acronym was a little forced Away Team was the proper word order, though it wouldn't be an acronym, more an initialism. Also it was Lepsawn Central, not city. She didn't have much time to think about it. As Chief Jinglehiemer chimed in.

"Right. Although the name is open if you want to suggest one." As her attention shifted the furrow deepened. He was on board with this? It seemed entirely frivolous the only thing that connected them, was...was that mission. The flames, the blaster shots, the fear, her absolute uselessness, the building she electrified. The loss of the commodore, something that she still didn't have a resolution on his death, questions still unanswered. Her mind started to pull on these again. She put her head down and started to pull up the file she had been compiling since she returned. There might not be anything new, but the thought had found its way into her mind. She was checking again. And again she ignored the others around the table.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Sith-I-5

Bravo, Mitth_Fisto and Sith-I-5 like this.
  12. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Gwen Levric
    Totter's Office, Darkest Night, hyperspace (though not for long)

Totter shook his head, "Everything is classified, Lieutenant. I was given rank and name of our new CO. Everything else is beyond my pay grade and I'll assume yours as well for the time being. The new CO, Commodore Valentino Mazzanti, will have all the details for us. We'll get a 3 day R&R break at port, then we're off to whatever our next mission is. Dismissed, Lieutenant."

"Thank you, sir," Levric said, saluting Totter, leaving his office, and heading toward the MI squad room.

Valentino Mazzanti? Now, that was a name she was familiar with, seeing as they were both Corellian, and his family's name was plastered over at least half the planet. She mentally flicked through the details she remembered about him: CorSec detective, Clone Wars veteran, close ties with CEC, married, two small children.

But it was those ties with the Corellian Engineering Corporation that intrigued and worried her. Why was the manager of engineers being put in charge of a ship such as the Darkest Night? And why would someone who would obviously profit from sticking close to home to oversee engineering projects--be they ships or something...else--come aboard such a far-ranging vessel as this one? Granted, Mazzanti was not the average manager of engineers, not in the Empire, and there were whispers and rumors of some nameless dangerous things being crafted in restricted sectors of deep space but those were beyond her pay grade, to use Totter's phrase, and went beyond her various assignments. Regardless, it was certainly not something she could run searches for--such a search would bring ISB down on her like a load of fuel rods and no one in their right mind would want that. Still, it was something to keep in mind as she kept her eyes and ears open.

Yet what if Mazzanti was aware of Mother's work as an engineer? Or Jak, with his job at CorSec? Or Dav in the shipyards? One slip-up and their lives would be in danger, too, along with Father and Jealia and little Emelyn. Dav's girlfriend, Fionhad, too, probably. It wouldn't matter that Gwen had been observed having a row with them before she went off to Coruscant, it wouldn't matter in the slightest if Mazzanti was a dyed-deep Imperial who did not tolerate slip-ups.

Still, still, deep breaths, Levric. Chin up, shoulders back. You've got work to do.

Levric walked past her team, all busily working at their stations, preparing reports, running searches, trying to be as prepared and efficient as they knew how to be. She walked past them, smiling and nodding as one did to show underlings that you acknowledged them, and straight into her office.

She had work to do, and there would be no slip-ups. Not this long in, not this far along.

TAG: @Bravo, if you want

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG:

Characters & Persons
    Organizations

IC: Stormtrooper Captain Kurt Stein

Ocean, ten miles from Javin Oversector Command & Administrative Complex

Kurt smiled in his helmet as the body dropped with a knife to the throat, but he kept on talking to the boss in charge: about how much Stormtrooper armor was worth on the black market to how he could use his influence to get him and his crew clear of this site---

Then the stun bolt hit him and the boss fell into the water with the girl. The girl was a necessary sacrifice if she didn't make it, so instead Kurt focused his attention on the bad guys.

Reaching for the carbine was a no go, being too far to reach in a reasonable amount of time, but their SE-14r Light Repeating Blasters, those the Gungans never asked for and was easily within reach. As the slavers opened up fire, so did Kurt & the other trooper, using what cover they could to return a suitable reply of blaster fire and not be burned alive for doing so (without the cover).

Everything happened quick---as it always did in battle---and while Kurt didn't keep tabs on what Adrias had done after stunning the leader, he started to trust the man enough to know he could do his job with percision & speed.

Once the smoke started clearing, Kurt barked over the helmet comms, "Clear!"

He and the other trooper were already getting the leader and slave girl out of the water when Adrias rejoined them, "Good job, Sergeant," Kurt said, handing the shaken woman off to him as he and other trooper dragged the stunned body of the leader towards the door (where the 4th trooper waited for them).

Soon, they were topside and climbing aboard a low hovering Imperial Dropship Transport, as specialist trained technicians were running inside the doomed starship to try to prevent the reactor from blowing (and civilians still being taken to the small island for safety).

As the IDT lifted off (another one hovering higher then them with the rest of their comrades) and the other IDT flew behind them, Kurt took off his helmet and looked to Adrias, "Great work, Sergeant," Kurt looked over to their unconscious (starting to wake up) captive, "Care to do the honors?"

Kurt wouldn't be so polite in questioning the alien. Adrias might have a more....sensible approach. After all, Kurt would hate to "loose" a captive over this ocean. But...accidents do happen.

TAG @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: Double Post... [face_dunno]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: DW-418121 ("Animal"; Craig Anthony Stewart), Second Squad (Joker Platoon), etc.

Army Quarters, Trooper Barracks, Darkest Night; hyperspace

The Master Sergeant nodded, "They should," Animal replied, "Its probably the most loyal Imperial planet in the whole region of space. If they don't," he flashed what passed as a half attempted mischief look for a serious career soldier, "Then you can bet your lucky credit, I'll be with them."

Despite all the soldiering he loved doing, Animal would be amiss if he didn't admit that he would enjoy some R&R. While some troopers would rush off to the bars, adult entertainment venues, or hit downtown for a few nights of forgetful partying, Animal would do his usual: find the darkest, direst hole in the wall tavern on the entire planet----where dreams were long ago crushed for any would-be guests and the drink was their only escape and their only true friend---and sit there and partake in the adult beverages.

While Animal made the excuse all the time that he liked listening to the stories, the truth was, once the military was done with Craig Anthony Stewart, those hole in the wall taverns would be his escape, his refugee, his broken dream tale.

Later....

The trek through the Javin System was like any other Imperial stronghold in the midst of a lawless existence: legal hyperspace jumps (even for the military) were on the outskirts of the system, where you were escorted in towards the planet of your destination. Along the way, you passed numerous check-points, military space stations, patrolling warships & starfighter patrols, and bastions of system defense points (where large numbers of warships were thinly clustered around one important area) in the case of an attack. Even for a mighty ImpStar such as the Darkest Night, such a task to reach the planet of Javin would be next to impossible...

For a straight-on attack. The majority of defenses like these were based around a large-scale push from the outer defenses in or from several major-points throughout the system. In a slug-out fest like that, the system defeneses were perfectly built: center defenses on several bastion islands of defense, wear down the enemy advance through other defenses, and launch counter-attacks from the bastions. Even for a small task force of ImpStars, this approach would not be easy. If an enemy reached the planet of Javin, then they would have to deal with the planet's own defenses and guard their rear by a Imperial reinforcement fleet coming in for the rescue. The likelihood of all the conditions needed to be met for such a victory were numberous and less the ideal to meet in the right order.

Another style of attack, a move where the enemy tactician could find a weakness in the large-scale defenses and exploit it---say a computer virus that shuts down certain defenses, attacking in force on one side of the system while another force slips in from the other side, inseration of a convert special operations team for a singular purpose, or any other list of unconventional approaches---could help in dividing the main defenses or slipping past them all together an attaining one's goal.

Like most everyone else, Animal was crowded onto one of the observation decks just above the hanger bays and looking out to space. Some sailors & soldiers took holo photos together, others cried at the relief of a long deployment, some laid out plans for a fun filled 72 hours, and still others talked about how their tours were up and they would be getting new orders, to other stations, and wouldn't see their fellow comrades again.

Animal took it in all, from glances around to seeing the reflections in the viewports. He smiled thinly and looked out to space as the planet of Javin's orb floating in the middle of deep space started to flash its glow across the viewports.

TAG @TheSilentInfluence

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ~~~Game Master Announcement~~~

Nominations are up! Please go vote & support your RPF community.

Fall 2019 RPF Awards

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG:

Characters & Persons
    Organizations
    Objects & Nature

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Lord Alic Tarfa, King Alex the "Just", and others

State Suite, King II-class Battlecruiser, near Unknown Regions; anchored in Red Space (Part II)

MUSIC: Gladiator Soundtrack (Patricide)

The two High Guards remained at the door, but other then them, the suite was to Alic & the king.

"Speak," Alex said, standing up & turning his attention to Alic.

Alic took a sip of his coffee as he looked out the viewport, then turned his full attention to the king, "While both Lord Jager and Lord Ek are correct, Lord Jager's concerns are more pressing and realistic then anything else. First and foremost, my intelligence assets have confirmed that the new Imperial Praetorian-class Star Destroyer Darkest Night is headed to Javin and will be receiving a new commanding officer, Commodore Valentino Mazzanti, and a new task force, the 217th Naval Battle Group. All available data and information point to the Unknown Regions for an operational zone, with high rollers like Grand Admiral Thrawn and Commandant Y'mong Zake involved in the operational planning. But it appears, Investigator Hilick Soal is in operational oversight of the entire mission. With all of these players being of unique military and engineering backgrounds and having recent briefings on Red Rock---and not standard Imperial Navy lackeys---it points to an operational pursuing the same Red Rock fragments we are. Assuming this is true, we'll be engaging them or, at the very least, redirecting their resources and playing a game of cat and mouse."

"Hardly a issue to warrant such drastic claims from Lord Jager, however," the king replied, "I feel there is more?"

"Correct. We must assume, however, that this will only be the tip of the ice berg of operations if the Empire discovers Red Rock. The 217th Naval Battle Group is more an reinforced reconnaissance fleet asset, then it is any large scale combat and material recovery asset. So we must stop them before they discover it."

"Child's play, Lord Tarfa!" the King barked, "Stop this foolishness and get to the point as to why I should ignore Lord Ek's warning of depleting our reverses too quick for the sake of a warmonger in Lord Jager, who would gladly sell his mother to get another King II made?"

Alic sighed and turned to the viewport, taking a sip of his coffee as he looked out the viewport and at the red swirl of Space Space, "Our most distant listening posts and probes have confirmed an extragalactic approach through sublight travel from our North East," Alic turned to the king, "Best estimates put four parsecs to seven parsecs before the main force reaches the Outside Galaxy. Advanced reinforced scouting parties will reach the Outside Galaxy within three point five parsecs, near the planet of Belkadan. Companion Cresh will be skirted along their current projected path of travel within the next light year, however it is largely unknown to what extent our satellite galaxy will be involved or ignored. Our most extreme listening posts will be roughly 1 parsec from their main scouting parties, well away from even the longest range sensors. All data points to the extragalactic fore zeroing in on Belkadan in path of projected travel, which leads us to believe that our previously scattered reports and observations of extragalactic organic beings in limited numbers in both our satellite galaxy and the Outside Galaxy would align with advanced reconnaissance parties that relayed information back to the main force."

"We're not a big enough target, then?" the king asked.

"For the size of this extragalactic force?" Alic turned to the viewport and answered gravely, "No. They need more resources then Companion Cresh can provide," Alic turned back to the king, "Our biggest threat would be this unknown force to use us as a staging point for operations into the Outside Galaxy, which most analysts have confirmed is the most likely route of possibility for Rishi Maze, not us, however. It still leaves us vulnerable either way. Our unknown factor with either us or the Rishi Maze is the unknown force's lack of hyperdrive capability----our best theories is that these advanced reconnaissance parties have technology to allow whatever they use as a hyperdrive to lock on to their signal and jump directly in. If that is the case, then their arrival time could be sped up."

"Could they not be hyperspace capable?"

"Doubtful," Alic replied, "For any species to have ships advanced enough to trek across the Intergalactic Void, their technology has to be advanced. We assume that, without established routes of travel---like hyperspace routes for us---then their technology would not work."

"What is your plan?"

Alic turned to the viewport again and took a long sip of his coffee, before his head to the Alex, "We speed up Operation Revelation. Everything points to a strong galactic response at the initial stages of intrusion. If not, trillions upon trillions of the galactic population could die over extended combat. The Galactic Empire is the only government with enough firepower and organizational capability to marshal such a response. If, however, the Outside Galaxy's militant insurgency of Separatist Holdouts & freedom fighters gain any more of a foothold and get to a point of initiating a full scale galactic civil war---then the Empire's ability to respond effectively would be greatly reduced in the unlikely event of the Emperor or Lord Vader being removed from office, either through political pressure or military means. A divided galactic response through civil war could easily tip the scales of war towards this invading extragalactic threat. Once the extragalactic threat takes over the Outside Galaxy, it would only be a matter of time until they turn their focus to us. Months, years, centuries maybe. The time won't matter, as current projections of this threat massively outpace any military built-up we could hope to do with our current population numbers and resource capabilities."

"What evidence do we have that this extragalactic threat is truly a threat?"

Alic looked off to the viewport.

"You have kept something from me, Lord Tarfa?"

"It was necessary, My King," Alic said as he turned back the king as the royal approached and stopped before him, "Forgive me," Alic finished, lowering his eyes in shame.

The king backhanded Tarfa across the face, one of his many royal rings catching the intelligence chief across the right cheek and drawing blood along a long cut. "Your betrayal knows only the bounds of death itself!" The king turned and departed several steps.

Tarfa dropped to a knee with his head lowered as blood dropped to the floor from his cut, "I had to make sure the evidence lined up with the Prophecy of the Living Force before I approached you my Lord."

"How long have you had this evidence?" Alex asked, his voice grave and disappointed.

"Two years, my king."

"Two years?" Alex echoed in displeasure and raised a hand; one of the High Guards put his electrostaff along the wall and drew his short sword as he departed from his sentry position and approached Alic from behind, resting the pointed tip on the back of the intelligence chief's neck and then raising the short sword to bring the death blow, but waited for the king's command.

"Betrayal always starts with innocent intentions, Lord Tarfa."

"Do, my Lord, what must be done," Alic said, "For I have failed you."

"You have not failed me, Lord Tarfa," Alex turned around to face Alic, "You have betrayed me. An injury far greater then failure or even death itself. What words, what actions, what deeds can possibly erase the stain of betrayal? The loss of trust? The irrevocable broken love between one brother and another? What sacrifice," Alex bent down on a knee and lifted Tarfa's chin up to meet his eyes with a hand, "Can be done to erase the stain of the kiss of death?"

"Nothing, my king," Alic replied, understanding his sealed fate in that moment.

"Nothing," the King echoed gravely as he stood up, "And as such, your death will be a useless sacrifice. One that the Kingdom can ill afford. Nor can I."

Alic looked up as the king nodded to the High Guard behind him and the royal guardsmen returned his sword to the scabbard and retreated a few steps back, but remained alert.

"Who is your most trusted warrior?"

"Tora Senshi," Alic responded without hesitation.

"He shall be your kaishakunin when I command it. He will be both your prison guard and your ever watchful guardian. No harm will come to you, unless I command it. It will your ever present reminder of your betrayal, until I say otherwise."

"As you wish," Alic replied.

"Rise, Lord Tarfa," Alex said and as the intelligence chief rose, the High Guard returned to his sentry post with his staff in hand, "What is to happen next with your plan for these invaders?"

"I believe my agents and sources have located the knights across the skies in paraphrase as the prophecy says."

"Who are they?"

"The Mercs. All information and facts point to them."

"I see," the King said, adding, "I sense they are but the tip of this ice berg?"

"With your blessing," Alic replied, "I ask to convene The Council."

Alex raised an eyebrow, "The Council? And for what purpose do we dare assemble?"

"The prophecy is approaching, my King," the intelligence chief pressed, "We must be ready, from Operation Revelation to The Council."

"And what of the Red Rock and the Imperials? Or are we trading one dire need for another?"

"Neither, my lord," Alic replied, "The allegiance of life in the prophecy starts with the Darkest Night and her crew. All the evidence points to it. We must draw them into the Unknown Regions and capture them. Then they will turn their allegiance to our cause. They will help us prepare both Jod and Imperial, Rebel and Separatist. As for the Red Rock, all intelligence points to the Empire's strained resources. If we stop the Darkest Night, it will either delay or stop their Project Zero."

"A trust in the mythical and divine for such a practical man," Alex cautioned.

"No, my lord," Alic replied, "An understanding of the facts. Can we assemble the Council?"

"No," King Alex said, "First, I will want to see this evidence of yours. And second, you will have to prove to me that the Empire can be stopped. I cannot ignore Lord Ek's warning and advice, for the sake of saving the Outside Galaxy without more evidence. You said it yourself, Lord Tarfa, we do not have the population or resources to match this invading extragalactic force, even with many years to prepare us. Our Red Rock reserves are too low to even dream of such a task in preparing. How can I ask my people to risk life and property to fight for an Outside Galaxy that has done nothing for us? Prophecy or not, Lord Tarfa, but we must--ourselves---not be deceived by our better angels for the sake of what we must first do for our own people. Our duty is to the Jod, not to be the galaxy's saviors. The Jedi Order is our bitter teacher and reminder of that fate."

"As you wish," Alic replied, a bit down at the news.

"However," the king replied, "I am not a man without sense. If these Mercs are indeed who they say they are, then I grant you permission to use them as such. They will be your evidence to me of such a needing to assemble The Council."

"I will make arrangements," Alic replied, his spirits lifted.

"Regardless of your plans, master spy, I expect you back within the Kingdom in four days to show me these extragalactic invaders."

TBC

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    greyjedi125 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG:

Characters & Persons
    Organizations
    Objects & Nature

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Captain Rick Taller & Staff Master Jim Palso, among others

Desert sands, Planet of Ostor, Outer Rim Territories

MUSIC: Road to Perdition Soundtrack (Ghosts)

The red-tinted sands swept across the surface of the desert, distant wind-sculpted rock formations being a ever watchful reminder to the desolate area they were. Strapped to a chair was a man, his eyes wrapped shut with a white cloth that was soaked through with blood, as the man's face showed further signs of a physical altercation with cuts & bruising. His bloodied hands were tied behind the chair with a rope that dug into his wrists and caused a trickle of blood to stem from the cuts.

The sand swept over the man as the wind threw it across him from his left to his right, the sand getting stuck in his various cuts and causing irritation. Facing the man was a loosely collected gang of seven people in a wide semi-circle around the man, various aliens and humans included. Behind them by some 5 meters was a landed Marauder-class Corvette, its cargo loading lift lowered to the ground with two specially modified ECT B1 Battle Droids standing sentry on either side of the lowered lift. On the far side of the man by a handful of meters was a deep and long canyon dropping some 1,000 meters below.

Of the seven people gathered outside, at least three of them were Captain Rick Taller, his Lieutenant-Commander Chris Streets, and Staff Master Jim Palso.

"Can't we talk this out?" the handcuffed man pleaded as his blindfolded head turned this way and that.

"There's been enough time for that," Taller replied through the roar of the blowing sand as he nodded to one of his henchmen who walked over and tore the blindfold off the man's face. It took a moment for the prisoner's eyes to adjust in the glaring desert day's sun.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise!" the man pleaded, now focusing his attention on Taller, then shifted his eyes to the others as he spoke, "Name your price! I'll make sure you get what you want!" the man's vanishing hopes died as the six collected around Taller all shook their heads or looked away, not being able to see a man's suffering that they once called a comrade, a friend, a brother. The man's desperate eyes fall on Jim Palso, "Come on Palso! Everything we've been through? Its come to this?"

Jim shook his head, "Time's up."

Palso pushed back his overcoat to his right and behind a pouch on his belt to anchor it, showing the thigh holstered S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol. He flipped the safety snap & strap around the back of the weapon off with a quick flip of a finger and his gloved right hand waited by the weapon.

"For Force's sake!" the man pleaded when he saw Jim ready himself, turning his attention to Taller, "Please Captain! Spare me! I'll do anything. Name it, its yours!"

"You sold us out to the Hutts," Taller calmly replied, "Betrayal must be answered for." Taller lifted a hand and swirled two fingers around and everyone turned and walked back to the cargo lift.

"You can't just leave me out here!" the man pleaded as the figures walked back towards the starship, "Please!" By now, however, everyone was starting to get onto the cargo lift with the two droids bringing up the rear. "I'll find you and kill you!" the man started shouting, "You can't hide where the Hutts can't find you! I swear, I'll come and-----"

The man suddenly stopped talking as he looked down at the blaster bolt logged in his chest. He looked up and saw Palso standing just off the lift between the two droids with his S-5 out.

"Oh, Palso. You son of a----"

The man fell over sideways in the chair and into the sand. Jim swirled his blaster around and slammed it back into his holster and securing it as he brought his overcoat back over to its proper place. He stood there a moment longer as the desert sands started collecting on the dead man's corpse and chair, then turned and got onto the lift.

"I'm going to miss that chair," Streets said matter-of-factly, adding as the lift started upwards into the starship, "Next time we do this, can we pick someone else's chair? That was a---"

"Shove it, Streets!" Taller could be heard barking as the lift disappeared into the corvette.

TAG @Sith-I-5 (if you want), @Mitth_Fisto (if you want), @greyjedi125 (if you want)

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Alex Qipao19, Pilot's Lounge, Darkest Night

Alex couldn't understand it; Markova hadn't been anywhere this withdrawn down on Lepsawn.

Whenever Englewood had posed a question, or some new situational twist had occurred, the now-timid femme had sprung up and over to the Commodore's side with some new observation, or an idea to bolster his perception of what in the Original Light was going on.

But here, she was so inside herself, that if she tightened up any more, the space-time continuum would probably collapse.

Instead of raising the second matter after the first toast include Natalia, he bulldozed ahead ahead with the serious business.

"Okay," he leaned forward conspiratorially, and rested his elbows on his knees, "because we all, to varying degrees, owe Englewood, his death needs to be avenged." His face darkened with the emotion that he was feeling with last word. Alex took a breath. "But I don't believe that it was the trooper that we've got locked up, as his being alone with the Commodore was too random; there was no way that he could have planned for that to happen. I think it was that Special Intelligence abo." He look round at everyone's faces. "What do you all think? Have you even thought about it at all?"

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto

Bravo likes this.
  20. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Approved by Bravo

Winterkill
    Desert sands, Planet Ostor, Outer Rim

They were gathered here today to watch a man die.

No. That was inaccurate.

They were here to kill a traitor.

Though his time with this combat hardened crew had not been long, they were all his family now, for better or for worse. Captain Taller and his crew did rescue him from the very jaws of death and offered him an opportunity at something new.

The young nagai kept his dark eyes fixed on the bloodied man bound to the chair, despite the sand filled winds. His jaw was set, as he stared in disgust and silent condemnation. Winterkill absently padded the hilt of his Tehk’la blade as he listened to what was being spoken.

Personally, he would condemn the traitor to the horrors of a 'Gauntlet of Blades'; but he was no longer an insurgent survivor in a Tof death camp. Taller’s men may be used to combat and death, much as he was, but they steered away from the pitfalls of cruelty. Perhaps he could learn that from them.

The sound of the traitor’s pleading voice was so sickening, that he silently wished someone would simply end the traitor, who was no longer in any position to bargain.

Finally, the signal was given for them to return to the ship. Winterkill spat on the ground and took one last hard look at the traitor before he turned his back on him and moved off.

As everyone walked away, the bound man began pleading in earnest for his life, but almost in the same breath, he began shouting threats he couldn’t possibly hope to carry out. One swift motion, one well aimed throw of his blade to the traitor’s head is all it would take to end it.

The nagai’s ears picked up the sound of the shot and regretted not being nimble enough to turn around and see it happen.

Palso had shot the traitor and killed him- just as he deserved. Winterkill didn’t know if it was the Captain’s order and he didn’t much care. All traitors deserved to die. Simple.

The nagai didn’t realize he was smiling until he’d looked Palso’s way and offered him a solid nod. Streets began to say something, but he didn’t stay around to listen. Winterkill turned back, and with light steps, jogged onto the cargo lift.

TBC

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Pilots Lounge

Well, as the silence dragged on he was tempted to snap his fingers at the datapad obsessive woman. Luckily the pilot had the right thought to say something. Although what he said made Jingle want to take another drink he didn't need. Actually he needed to be careful, as chef he had an earlier day start than anyone else here.

With that in mind he pushed away his glass, showing he was finished. "I have, a little. Spooks are always a grey area, if it was black op or sanctioned we may never know why. If we do anything without solid proof. . .we commit treason."

He let those words hang in the air as he suddenly really wanted another drink. "We could try to bring in our ships own spook? Maybe she can help, otherwise unless the datapad wizard has something I think we are stuck at wishing. Or at least I am." He stated with a wince as he adjusted his seating and felt his artificial hip pull on real tendons and scar tissue the wrong way. With a sigh and an another shift he lowered himself back into his chair. Waiting and listening.

TAG: @Sith-I-5 , @galactic-vagabond422

22. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Pilots Lounge

She remained quiet looking through the file she had complied of her main suspects the one named Dax, a Master Sergeant with a somewhat shaded past. Though she absolutely nothing and it frustrated her, the trooper would not have been able to get ahold of Synox used to poison. As well buried in Imperial Intelligence records was a dose of Synox being removed from inventory, who it was and what it was for she had no idea. Maybe bringing in their intelligence officer could help or it could doom them. She still hadn't said anything keeping her datapad close to her chest as she looked over her 'evidence' though it wasn't really anything. The more she looked at it the more it frustrated her, the more she continued to stare at it the more frustrated she became.

There was no perfect crime, there was no perfect crime.

The mantra rang through her head as she continued to dig in deeper and deeper. She was back to following Dax and Clader, watching their movements, after their contact with the Commodore. She wasn't doing this for vengence or anything other than, it was something that didn't fit. It had laid dormant, silent until the pilot brought it up. Now it was all the navigator could think about. She pulled up the footage watch Dax remove something and put it into a trash can. Could be nothing, likely was nothing, but into the file it went. She pulled up the Operative ID, and Mission number she had. They couldn't just show it to their intelligence officer. That would lead to questions, too many questions.

Though they couldn't just go looking it up themselves. She found this in a forgotten log file of a slightly less secure datacore. The exploit she used was closed likely after her intrusion, it would take a miracle for her to get back in there and find anything. On the other hand if they had someone with access to their systems they could bypass a lot of it...the only question was where did Levric's loyalties lie. Were they to Imperial Intelligence, or with the Commodore.

"Can we trust her?" She asked simply and quietly, after minutes of silence, not looking up from her datapad.

TAG: @Sith-I-5 @Mitth_Fisto

Laine_Snowtrekker, Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Commodore Valentino Mazzanti
    Javin Oversector Command & Administrative Complex, planet of Javin, Outer Rim Territories

Valentino watched the status displays in the situation room of the administrative complex. Despite the initial reaction of a full scale invasion, things were already calming down. The civilians were escorted off the crashed liner, causalities were kept to a minimal, the militant "freedom fighters" were disarmed, and the reactor was prevented from being blown. Once more, his own Stormtrooper replacements had lead the charge in conducting the military operation is dismantling the terrorists & rescuing the civilians. While good for military morale, it would make for even better television on the Imperial-controlled holo news tonight.

As military staffers were starting to be shuffled out of the situation room and back to their original posts, Valentino's attention was beckoned to his own affairs as an Imperial Ensign found him and alerted him to the arrival of the Darkest Night within the hour.

Good.

While Hilick Soal had filled his plate with orders, the Commodore was a man of structured approach. Before he jumped into the fray, he would get his own crew in order and mission priorities set straight. The men & women of that ImpStar had 72 hours to enjoy life---after which, some would still be on board, others would have new orders, and still others would find retirement a fitting option.

Then, they would be headed to the Unknown Regions and a uncertain fate.

TBC

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth, Captain Rick Taller & The Dirty Seven (# droids count)
    Desert sands, Planet of Ostor, Outer Rim Territories

The red-tinted sands swept over him, the last of the gasping heat and irritants serving almost as mirror of opposites to his home he could never return to. This was where he deserved to live in a small sun baked hut with barely enough to survive for all eternity. That was his place, what he deserved. Only now it was being given in harsher contrast to another. He pried his milky eyes away from the heat scape of this worlds horizon to focus on the bloody and leaking form tied to a chair. The discordant pattern of the cloth upon about his head, over his eyes was a stark reminder of why they were here. His hud highlighted the blood dripping to the dry desert sands from the primitive cuffs he had put on a little too tight. The drag marks already having been erased in the high winds and shifting sands.

Already the desert sand was building on the body. That was all it was to be now. Trying to claim him. It was gathering on his armor as well, although it found much less purchase upon him. With red tinged eyes that had nothing to do with the desert heat nor sand he looked behind the man. At the deep ravine or canyon behind him, a perfect spot to ditch the body. One vibro-gaunt punch to the gut, a twist and then let the man fall to his doom. That is what he would do.

Only the man begged, pleaded. Twisting blindly in the howl of the desert wind. Taller had none of it. Havah waited for the order, the gesture. Stab, ditch, and drag back the chair. Smiling he shook his head as the man's eyes were uncovered, a simple no he reflected in the others present. The price was too high, there was no salvation for what the man had done. Jeth had known that for himself, and became what he was. Trying to punish and redeem in this mercenary hell for all eternity, that was his way. This man had lowered himself past this living hell to the next. He noted some had turned away instead of shaking heads, but it didn't matter. It was the same answer. No.

Jim shook his head, "Time's up." The only verbal response so far. A damnation. and with a motion to his hip Havah shifted his right foot back. There would be no stab, ditch, retrieve today. He knew that now. The man was to receive mercy after all, and for that Havah envied him at this moment.

More pleading. Begging to the highest authority present. Captain Taller. Which only egged out the answer, the statement of guilty crimes. Then a simple signal and that heel back with a smooth turn became a foot forward as he walked back to the loading ramp. There was more noise, begging and then threatening, and then. . .then the sound of release.

Turning from his place on the lift he saw the bright point of the blaster shot. Fatal but slow. The man suddenly stopped talking as he looked down at the blaster bolt logged in his chest. Shifting his view closer and down just a little at Palso with his clunky S-5 still raised showing the green in the mans training.

The man fell over sideways in the chair and into the sand, his words ignored and lost in the Ostor winds. Jim swirled his blaster around and slammed it back into his holster and securing it as he brought his overcoat back over to its proper place. Green or just flashy. When he joined them and then the droids followed suit on the lift he simply nodded curtly at the man. It was mercy killing really. Good work.

"I'm going to miss that chair," Streets said matter-of-factly, adding as the lift started upwards into the starship, "Next time we do this, can we pick someone else's chair? That was a---"

"Shove it, Streets!" Taller could be heard barking as the lift disappeared into the corvette.

The soft shushing of restrained laughter escaping from Jeth's nostrils the final sound into the wind before the hull clanked and sealed beneath them.

TAG @Sith-I-5 , @greyjedi125 , @Bravo

Bravo and greyjedi125 like this.
  25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: I am going to position us in-game to allow various characters more freedom of movement in posts & tags. Feel free to catch up your various posts as needed to correspond with game time (there's no rush).

I am going to open my successful experiment with @TheAdmiral to everyone at this point on the Javin storyline. I'm opening up the Spaceport, Javin "downtown", and any other local...ish areas to your heart's content to post as freely as you wish. TA had done a great job with the star liner post and I know we have others with equally great writing & creative talent in the game. We have 72 hours game time; we can go as fast or as slow as everyone wishes.

As such, a few pointers....

• Don't give away the home world (if you know the reference, PM me)
    • The Darkest Night is assumed in low orbit for personnel disembarkation, refueling & repairs, etc.
    • The new commanding officer & stormtrooper reinforcements will be arriving aboard the DN shortly, although not urgently quick by any means
    • I will be interjecting a tagable storyline if anyone wants to follow it, but its nature & pace are undetermined at this point (I'm going to test the waters first with how you all are doing before I jump in & ruin any fun)
    • All personnel will receive a recall notice via comlink, when its time to return to the DN
    • I'll be tagable via "Animal" (see below)

Any questions??? :confused:

Characters & Persons
    Organizations
    Objects & Nature

IC: DW-418121 ("Animal"; Craig Anthony Stewart)
    Spaceport in "Downtown" capital city, Planet of Javin

Animal was one of the first ones off of the many Zeta-class Cargo Shuttles sent up from the planet side to the Darkest Night in low orbit; even with this special honor, he was still one of many hundred Imperials already gathering in the military section of the spaceport. It was standard policy to keep ImpStar's on shore leave (R&R) ready for immediate deployment and, as such, the host planet's resources were to be used to transport en-mass personnel as much as possible, as to keep the ISD's resources available for immediate deployment. With a skeleton crew standard on any starship in low orbit repair & resupplying, the Darkest Night could still respond to any immediate threat with respectable effectiveness.

As the Master Sergeant shuffled along in the line towards the security check-points, Craig kept his eyes on the local viewscreens. Most of the screens were displaying local news talking about a recently crashed star liner and the news showed imagines and video of the wreck, as well as several white armored stormtroopers taking a prisoner aboard a air speeder from the wreck. Those same new channels were saying that alerts were being lowered back to no-threat levels and for anyone with information about the Gungan shown as the prisoner to call local authorities immediately with useful facts or other information about the alien. Lastly, several other stations were interviewing survivors from the star liner and local Imperial "heroes" who helped save civilian lives & thwart a dangerous plot to "kill millions".

Two viewscreens nearest the security check-points on either far ends, however, were displaying local Military Intelligence recommendations on how to best represent the Empire to the locals (yet stay alert), report suspicious behavior, and areas to avoid on Javin. The repeater messages would always end with a comlink number to call in case of questions or reporting suspicious behavior and a blinking yellow message in bold to "have your military ID ready"; with the recent security breach, the local Imperial Navy Troopers assigned to security checkpoint duty were extra mindful, as well as 3 squads of Stormtroopers being deployed to beef up security around the entry & exit points. All standard policies.

"ID," the naval trooper said mindlessly from behind the armored transparent barrier. Animal put his ID into the opened deposit drawer and watched as the drawer closed and the Imperial trooper on the other end scan it and confirm the information.

"DW-418121," the trooper said mindlessly back, "You're cleared. Welcome to Javin."

When the drawer opened again, Animal took his military ID and proceeded through the opened barrier, where an Imperial Naval Trooper was standing sentry on his side, with another one on the other side that Animal soon found himself. The door quickly closed behind him. He could see two Stormtroopers off in the background scanning the crowd of Imperials for any problems, as well as other groups of troopers here and there. The standard Imperial Navy Trooper security was more or less sentry at the check-points & several set sentry posts around the area, while the extra deployed stormtroopers stood guard or walked through the mass of personnel.

Soon Craig found himself into the "civilian" sector of the spaceport and the masses started to ease up. He looked around at the various civilian-run shops in the massive enclosed spaceport with exterior landing strips & docking bays. Being downtown Javin, the place was a hot mess of busy.

He saw his fellow Imperials going in various pairs or groups, some buying overpriced toys for family members.

Animal smiled thinly at the notion of family. His own family had been the orphanage or the Corps. And, as such, he had no need for such gifts.

Taking his eyes away from the shops, Animal continued on his path towards the entrance/exit doors, where the daylight was coming through. Making his way into the open, the sounds of a busy city with air speeders & land speeders and rushing people greeted his natural senses.

And he thought Coruscant was busy on his last R&R leave.

First thing first, find a holo map----ah, there was one in the middle of the sidewalk being displayed from a miniature pillar. Animal looked at the various destinations and, after putting in some choice search results, found his hole-in-the-wall establishment. He smiled.

Finally some peace & quiet away from the familiar surroundings of the barracks aboard the ISD. With an almost jump in his step, the combat veteran started his long walk down the sidewalks and towards his located establishment.

TAG @TheSilentInfluence , @Laine_Snowtrekker , @galactic-vagabond422 , @Mitth_Fisto , @TheAdmiral , @Sith-I-5

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Mitth_Fisto and TheAdmiral like this.