main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Parallels - a post NJO Han/Jag viggie - 2004 SFFA Best First Story winner

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jags_Scoundrel, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    good viggie. even tho i'm a k/jer i was attracted by the Title. poor jag i know exactly how he feels.

Jez

2. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    That was really really good! I can't wait to here more of it! anyway, *puts on the tone of Captain Jack Sparrow* I'm incredibly sorry but I really must be going.... :p

3. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Daughter_of_Yubyub: Awwwwwwwwww! Too cute!
    Aw, thanks!

AERYN_SUN: I saw this on board earlier but now, curiousity got the best of me.
    Careful, you know what they say about curiosity . . . [face_laugh] Seriously, thanks for the kind words!

Brett: I've had worse nicknames.
    Why am I not surprised? ;) [face_laugh]

Jez: good viggie. even tho i'm a k/jer i was attracted by the Title.
    Thanks! Glad you liked!

SpikeLeadJF: That was really really good! I can't wait to here more of it!
    Thank you! Slowly, but surely, I'm getting the story done.

4. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Probably something to do with the word that you get when you remove the first letter of my last name... It's generally a given that some entertaining permutation of that will be derived within twelve hours of meeting a Jarhead that I'm new to.

In all fairness, 'Sea Bass' was fairly unassuming.

*shrugs*

5. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Brett, I guess your last name does lend itself to various interpretations, creative or otherwise. I have no idea how I got so lucky. My maiden name is a German one that there is only one way to mispronounce (and that mispronunciation is plural for a quite vulgar term for a part of the female anatomy.) Thankfully, no one ever capitalized on that easy target! I did, however, get tagged in high school with the nickname "Ding" because for someone who was supposedly so smart, (3rd out of a class of 297) I did (well, and still do) tend to be a bit, absentminded and, well, ding-y. :D

6. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Jags_Scoundrel, I loved it. [face_love]

Han and Jag were marvelously done. I love these Corellian men. :D Brilliant! You've whetted my appetite for more. [face_love]

7. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Red, Thank you!! :D
    I'm working as hard as I can on making this a longer fic. My writing has never been speedy to begin with, and DRL doesn't leave me much free time, so it's slow going. But it's going!

8. liliana

liliana Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    OMG that is so funny i love it ur a great writer and i like the way you write.i could just see Han doing that.Awesome story

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    UPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

- The Imperial Ewok

10. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Belated reader reporting in! ;)

Excellent viggie. You nailed the characters, humor was good, liked the storyline and I envy your ability to write conversation. Such a simply thing, yet so far out of so many people's grasp (including mine :p )

11. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    That was really gr8! You certainly did a good job of capturing Han and Jag accurately!

I'd most definitly be interested in reading a fic of this

12. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    liliana: Thanks!! (Sorry about the belated reply. [face_blush])

TMcE: Thanks for the up! ;)

Shinar: Thanks!! [face_blush] Wow, someone envious of my writing - I didn't expect that. I guess it's a bit of a tradeoff: I'm fairly comfortable writing dialogue, but I struggle a bit with narrative, and physical description . . . forget it! For a scene like this, it works, but a whole story that's dialogue driven with very little description . . . I dunno. I guess I'll find out when I get the whole thing done!

Shelly: Thanks!! :D I'm still working on the rest of the fic. I've got 20 scenes planned out: 10 are done and 7 more are in various stages of "doneness." At the rate I'm going, I should have it done in another few months! 8-}

13. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    A few months!?!

*horrified*

I don't know if I can wait that long!

Going UP!

Elena

P.S: We just seem to pass each other coming and going, Brett...

14. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Nice viggie. You stayed very true to Han's character. And I enjoyed the moment between Han and his future son-in-law maybe?

Great job!

15. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Hmm . . . now how did I miss these replies? [face_blush]

Elena: Sorry!! I'm writing as fast as I can! Really!

_JoD_: Thank you!! :)

And I enjoyed the moment between Han and his future son-in-law maybe?

** smiles enigmatically **
    We'll see . . . [face_devil] (If I can ever get the darn thing finished! :mad:)

16. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I read this one a while ago and enjoyed it, but thought I'd reply to it now in order to give it an: UP!

I really liked the Han/Jag interaction in this one. I hope Jag one day will be able to open up to Han like this (although it seemed to even surprise Jag he was doing it). It seems like sometimes you have to go through some banter with Han to get to the serious stuff, but that's always amusing. I also liked the acknowledgement that although there are parallels, Jaina and Leia are different people, so the same exact thing probably wouldn't work with them.

Jag laughed in spite of himself and said, ?No, I don?t think that approach would go very far with Jaina.?

Han paused for a moment and added, ?There?s not a man in this galaxy that?s good enough for my daughter - but you?re as close as there?s ever gonna be.?

:D And yes, Han accepting Jag like that, is a very good thing.
    I'll definitely read more if you add to this, Jags_Scoundrel.

17. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Solo_and_Fel, Thank you so much! :) I'm glad you liked it. This is how I'm hoping Han and Jag will interact in future books, too.

I'm still working on the rest of the story . . . only 3 scenes left to go! Unfortunately, a songfic plot bunny wormed its way into my head and wouldn't go away until I worked on it. As soon as I get that finished up, I'll get back to the fic.

18. Elyra

Elyra Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    this is such a good fic!
    i love the humor, and the way Jag and Han tease each other!
    Also, Jag's feelings about Jaina were so sad, and sweet.
    great job!

19. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Nicely done! It's refreshing to see decent new authors coming in, definitely ^^ I remember the days when I first posted my stories- bit ironic, that; my first story, which I never finished because I didn't like the way it was going, got past 40 pages of a thread; my most recent- which I like much better- has a mere 9-page thread. Boo. Anyhow, though, I loved this ^^ New J/Jers are great :)

20. Sernpidal

Sernpidal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Haha, hilarious! It should be vignette/humour.

21. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    That was great. I really enjoyed it, and I totally agree there are parallels between the two. :)

22. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Elyra: Thank you! :)

Saber-of-Light: Nicely done! It's refreshing to see decent new authors coming in, definitely

[face_blush] Why, thank you! :) Because I don't have a lot of spare time, I'm only faithfully reading and replying in two threads at the moment (and you know what one of them is ;)), but as soon as I get a chance, I'll check out your current fic!

Sernpidal: Thanks! :D

Bria: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! :)

23. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    That was so cool. A little Han/Jag moment! :D I loved it when Han mentioned his experiences from Courtship of Princess Leia, and how he always told Jag NOT to do it that way. He'd probably be the first to wring Jag's neck if he did anyway. ;) Hence the warning. ;) I loved Han's last line too. [face_laugh] Great viggie! :D

24. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Jade_Skywalker He'd probably be the first to wring Jag's neck if he did anyway.

Yep, that's Han, alright! ;) Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it! :)

25. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.