main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Parched - (JA, Obi/Qui) - *Part 4 updated - 01/01*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ohhh, loved it. Loved the explanations of how Qui-Gon sees the Unifying Force and how he didn't really understand it until this experience. Perhaps, after this, he'll be more likely to listen to Obi-Wan about futures? Loved that he saw possibilities that did not take place, makes it confusing to him with all that knowledge. Great job really....=D=

2. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    P_A, once again you post something that is indescribable. :eek:

I loved the speed it went at, how it seemed to go as quickly, or as slowly, as thought itself, because Qui-Gon was immersed in memories and the Force. The way you explained the differences, and powers, of the Living and Unifying Force was so clearly and beautifully described. The different scenarios Obi-Wan can sense happening for every circumstance was genius. I never thought of his foresight in that way, but it's perfect. =D=

Amazing amazing amazing!

3. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Quite intriguing, Princess. Incidentally, in the previous post, I thought that the aforementioned "strong armed" might belong to this Thrice-Blessed guy. Wasn't unhappy to discover otherwise. [face_laugh]

Wowzers, though. That Force-swapping scene was intense. I'm probably not intelligent enough to understand it fully, but I enjoyed it anyway. The descriptions were very striking, very vivid. I especially remember the part about being sliced by the diagons, not having time enough to scream--and then water. And lushness. And--and--

*Happy sigh*

Bravo! =D=

4. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    *bows* I'm in awe of you, Highness. Very rarely do I become so absorbed in someone's writing that I actually become physically dazed when I'm through...and I did, just now. If you'd PM me when you next update I would be most appreciative. And if you celebrate it (I saw India in your bio), happy very belated Navaratri.

5. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    OMG! Wow. The imagery throughout this is absolutely amazing.
    Swept me completely up into this world and I am humblly bow to your characterizations of both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. And the illusion, that was simply brilliant.
    I love the way you've portrayed their Force connections.

Please PM when you post more.

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow, Princess, that post was amazing. :eek:

That journey Qui took through the Unifying Force was very vivid, I loved how he saw all of those alternate endings to things that happened in the past, and then those glimpses of the future.

I especially loved Qui seeing himself through Obi's eyes. And through it all, a fierce sense of devotion. Overwhelming. Master. My master. [face_love] [face_love]

?It is I who deserve to have my questions answered, I think.?

The Prince bowed.

?Why this magnificent?illusion??
    :confused: I want to know too! Can't wait for more! :D

@};- @};-

7. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Whew! I must have held my breath through Qui-Gon's entire journey, it was so intense and absorbing. It's a wonderful idea to give him this sense of the things Obi-Wan feels, and I wonder how it will affect their relationship.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Wow, that was intense.

Very well done!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Wow I missed a couple of posts

It was just brilliant I am sure he will see Obi-wan in a different light now that he has seen the unifying force for himself.

I was on the edge of my chair reading this

Well Done=D= =D=

10. DriftingThread

DriftingThread Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    That was incredibly beautiful and touching. I loved how you made Qui-Gon see all of these events from Obi-Wan's point of view with such a wonderful insight.
    I am eagerly awaiting your next post...soon please? [face_batting]

11. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    ::shaky breath:: Oh.

That was amazing, P_A. Simply amazing. So incredible to see Qui-Gon taking a journey through the Unifying Force, seeing through Obi-Wan's eyes. I can only imagine that there will be a much deeper understanding between them after this.

And yes. Why this grand illusion?

Just incredible. Can't wait for more!

12. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    And through it all, a fierce sense of devotion. Overwhelming. Master. My master.

To know all this was one thing. To actually experience it was something else altogether.

Something filled him, then?it was as though he were a cup, filling and filling and filling. He gasped, aware that there was a limit to his capacity, and shivered. The Force seemed to smile at him...

You must have conviction. Without conviction, all is lost. Believe in yourself. Believe in what the Force tells you.

A very interesting look at the Unifying Force! :)

And, I agree with Qui-Gon, why the illusion? [face_thinking]

*leaves tea [face_coffee] , and your favorite desert*

Put your feet up and relax, you've earned it! [:D]

@};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

13. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~comes through the door with piles of Cookies, brownies, and warm drinks~

Here you are Master! You deserve them. [:D]

Now about that chapter, it was wonderful! Everything was explained in such a marvelous way. Explaining everything we might ever want to know, yet once again leaving us with more questions than answers.

And the imagrey! It was to kill for. It made such wonderful pictures of all that might have been, might come to be, and what might be in the here and now that it made my mouth drop in the sheer wonder of it all. I really never can get over the ways in which you discribe all that you wish to convey.

You are truly one of the most spectacular writers I have ever read.

Now, if only Shakespeare wrote so wonderfully, I might actually get my essay done...

Seven

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    What thrilling roller- coaster ride. I can't wait for an answer to the question

15. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, amazing imagery! =D= Very interesting what Qui was seeing through Obi. And I'm also wondering why the illusion? [face_thinking]

16. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Wow. =D=

Wow.

That was the best description of both the Living Force and the Unifying Force I've ever read. And so well-written, like a multicolored tapestry describing both aspects of the Force. I've tried to describe the Force, but never as well as you have.

And Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan--wow! You characterized them so well! Especially the beginning part . . . I loved Obi-Wan all woozy and confused. So sweet . . .

17. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Just found this...wow.

Such a brilliant fic....Wonderfully written....

Can't think of anything else to say. Once again, you've left me speechless, P_A...

A Bewildered Padawan Jodie-Wan, begging for more..

18. -red_nite-

-red_nite- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    illution.... ohhhh that is harsh... only a bad writer would do that...

heres hoping your doing that....:cool:
    the red NITE

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow! Vivid, imaginative, brilliant. I'm in awe, and every compliment I want to give you has been posted already.

I would be thrilled to get on a PM list for updates!

Val

20. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Shame on you, post! Back to the top you go!

I love how you've written how powerful the Unifying Force flows through Obi-Wan and the immeasurable choices that he must face everyday in every mission. And when you think of how one thread can branch into a multitude of others... It just makes you realise what the poor, squidgee thing has to go through.

I'm still unsure as to what is going on with the Prince and his illusion but as it has led to happy, happy mush I really don't mind waiting to find out. [face_love]

21. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    =D= Very intriguing!

Generally, I don't like Qui-Gon, but I do in this story! I love that he's so concerned about Obi-Wan [face_love]

Princess_Arulmozhi wrote: Abruptly, he felt Qui-Gon?s arms around his waist, and sensed himself being lifted. Lifted? What? Where??

?Master,? he spoke, his voice amazingly steady even to himself as he felt himself hefted over one broad shoulder. ?If I may ask?what?re you doing??

?Certainly you may ask.? came the answer from the front, as his legs were disposed of as comfortably as possible against Qui-Gon?s chest.

?Put me down, please.?

?Of course.?

?I?m capable of walking, Master.? Force forbid, I haven?t fainted in the desert, have I?

?On that score, I shall offer no dispute.?

?Let me walk, then,? his voice was muffled against his master?s back, and he tried hard not to squirm.

?Now there, I beg to differ.?

[face_laugh] Loved it!

Princess_Arulmozhi wrote: ??I wonder what I?ll do if he?s bigger than me,? Obi-Wan pondered, worried, yet feeling a great inclination to drop off into a long sleep. ?I couldn?t carry him then, could I?? He mused about this for a while, then suddenly thought of something else. ?What if he ends up carrying me, all the time??

[face_laugh] Like on General Grievious's ship?

Looking forward to more. You're a great writer!

22. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Wow. Just wow. Words fail me. Beautiful writing, and some wonderful insights as to what exactly Qui-Gon sees, as opposed to your average jedi.

BrightFeather

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I've just been rumaging around in the older threads and oh, so slooowly reading things and found this story gem. Ooooooh, it does need an ending. The desert descriptions are just breathtaking :eek: and the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon interactions are marvelous, especially the difference in how they perceive the Force.[face_thinking]=D=

24. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Aww, this is so cute. You describe everything so well, I love this! If you have a om list, I would love to be added. Keep up the good work. =D= =D=

25. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    *sneaks in*

I really loved Qui-Gon's introspection about the Unifying/Living Force. Those are difficult to write and you did a marvelous job.

I just loved this part though...

Mirages. Desert. Sun, sand and sky. Nothing but sand. He ?held? the bond, and touched a tendril of light that swung around him tantalisingly. It swirled around him, and then wrapped itself around his consciousness completely.

The world exploded into brilliance.

He found himself rushing through corridors. Dark, inky corridors. The wind whistled past his ears, and he felt a momentary feeling of giddiness, afraid that he might fall off. Colours flickered around him.

=D= Marvelous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.