main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Paris, what's the best to do there?

Discussion in 'Archive: France - North' started by WormieSaber, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Bonjour,
    Comment êtes-vous ? I'm going to be in Paris for 4 days and was wondering what were the best things to do if on vacation, well, things that I should definitely do and not miss out on. I plan on going to the renior museum, but there's got to be some other cool things to do.... night life maybe, clubs, etc. anybody?

au revior :)

2. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    There's so many things to do... What are you looking for ? Museums ? Place to party ? Star Wars stuff ?

3. WormieSaber

Oct 22, 2000
    All the above,I suppose. Well, maybe not SW. I'm thinking I want to go to the catacombs and visit the Louve museum. What's the best mall there? I heard it was the LaFayette. A club or two. I found a lot of them in Paris on clubzone.com

4. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    When I went to the Louvre on my vacation I about wanted to die because of all the steps in that place. It's HUGE. Take some good shoes if you go there and plan to spend just about all day if you want to see most of the stuff in there.

I really enjoyed the Impressionism museums though. I went to a few of those. And don't let the movie theaters on the Champs Elysees fool you. Some are in English with subtitles. :) I saw Lost In Translation there. A very fitting movie to see while on vacation in a country you're struggling to speak the language.

I spent a lot of time window shopping...and shopping. Soooo many interesting places there.

Keith

5. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Catacombs are fun to see... I mean ... fun [face_plain]
    It's a lot of bones but interesting.

Galeries Lafayette and Printemps are the best mall, go on the roof of the Printemps to see the city.

Cannot help you for finding a club, I don't go there but some like Queen, Loco, are famous.

6. WormieSaber

Oct 22, 2000
    Take some good shoes if you go there and plan to spend just about all day if you want to see most of the stuff in there.

Yeah, I figured I'd be doing a lot of walking. Hopefully, I'll be prepared. Mostly, I dress for California weather. How's the weather there now? I'm looking forward to the shopping, and the crepes, and museums. And maybe even see a play at the Moulin Rouge. Supposedly, it's one of the best attractions there.

I'll have to learn the metro. Glad I took those French classes in college. :)

7. Kdace

Kdace RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 23, 2001
    not a great weather, 20°C a bit cloudy, sometimes rainy...

8. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Forget the crepes, go directly to the pastries in general. There are way too many to try! :)

Keith

9. WormieSaber

Oct 22, 2000
    I'm going to be packing this weekend. I've been planning this trip with my friends for months, hard to believe that it's almost finally here!
    Thanks for the insight, people. I've been watching some French films to kind of get myself used to listening to the french language again. One movie was very well made, "Love me if you dare." Loved the cinematography. French films are so visual and artistic.

not a great weather, 20°C a bit cloudy, sometimes rainy...

Suppose I'll bring the mini umbrella then. :) And I'll try a pastry when I'm there also.

Viola!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.