main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Passing on the Torch

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    It was my absolute honor and privilege to have led the boards but the time has come for me to get a complete recharge of my batteries. I need to get back to my roots. First and foremost, I?m a films guy and I can?t get enough of talking about all the nuances. I love talking about the movies, the Clone Wars cartoons and the new TV show. I wanted to go out at the top of my game and at a time of peace and tranquility. There were many challenges I never knew I could handle. And I never knew how many joys and blessings there would be. The more time you invest, the more personal it becomes and what started off as a place to discuss Star Wars became a place where the day-to-day undulations of the boards affected me as well. When you really love something, you feel that way. And I love this place. I?ve come full circle. If this is full circle, then that means I?m where I started yet completely different. And if it?s a circle, it means it has no end. I am going nowhere but back on the boards. I plan on getting heavily involved in the Clone Wars cartoon discussions, Indiana Jones 4, the PT Forum, and the television series. I need to be amongst the public forums for a long time. I want to get all refreshed again.

The end of the Old Republic is over and I am passing on the torch to one of the lights of my life ? rhonderoo. What an amazing leader she has become and will be. I think the world of her and I am so excited of all she will do as head admin. There is no better choice than her. She will do bigger and better things than I have done. I have foreseen it. Help me in congratulating Rhonda in her new role as head admin and give three cheers as we crack the blue milk bottle against the Millennium Falcon. The role left vacant in the Communications Forum will be filled by none other than our very own ObiWan506. He has grown into a wise and compassionate leader, able to see both sides and perspectives, and his ideals and values are precisely what?s so vital in the success of this place and quite frankly the world. With LAJ_FETT, I feel the torch is in the hands of a cohesive, wonderful set of new leaders.

May the Force be with you?.

Always.

Your friend,

DarthSapient

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I've already said everything that needs to be said. I'll just say;

Thanks for everything. MTFBWY.

3. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Wow! Thanks for all your time.

I think you have made a wise choice in the new chancellor.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll just echo G-FETT. Thanks for all the good work you have done here, Sape. MTFBWY!

5. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Good luck in your new pursuits. Wear your new red colors proudly and don't be a stranger.

Congrats Rhonderoo and Obiwan506 in your new responsibilities. I know you will both be hard workers and take the job seriously. Visit us in AIM chat soon.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Oh yeah, I should also say congrats to Roo and Obi-Wan506. You'll both do an awseome job. :D

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it was a pleasure to work alongside/under you, and I'm sad to see you go. You'll always be missed and revered by me.

8. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Oh Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when you would step aside, Sape :(

Roo and ObiWan506 have large roles to fill indeed in taking your place.

Enjoy your retirement! You've done a lot for the community and you deserve it [:D]

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Thank you for all you've done [:D]

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Sape, what can I say? You've been an admin for as long as I can remember. Your good looks and wise judgment have shaped the boards and your yellow/black combination was a fashion trend setter literally years ahead of its time. I'll miss your sound replies and impeccable comedic timing, but I look forward to your thoughts around the boards. [face_love]

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_laugh]

:( I know you said you didn't want a lot of fanfare, but you've been doing this... as long as I've been a user. You know how I feel about your leadership, and have learned a lot from you and I won't repeat ad nauseum what I said in PM and MS. This is a well deserved rest, but we'll still miss you. I can't imagine MS or Comms not having yellow and black in the header, or seeing it all up and down the left hand column when you log on. Please don't be a stranger and good luck with getting back into the groove again. [:D]

12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  13. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    wow. knew something was up when everyone in color was in YOUR colors, Sape.

congrats, Roo, Obi-Wan506, & Laj on all your new responsibilities and roles! couldn't have picked a better team, imo. :cool:

(and stop appreciating yourself, Sape :p)

14. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    What he said. You're a fantastic leader and we hate to see you go, but hope to see even more of you around the boards and down the road. Thank you for everything!

=D= =D= =D=

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/winnar.jpg]

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

16. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I put in a good word for you, Rhonderoo, when I turned down Sapient's offer to take over. You better thank me.

17. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Great moderator, great administrator, great guy. Sapient, enjoy your time off. Extremely deserved. You're the icon of this place so don't go too far.

18. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Couldn't have said it better myself. :p

You've been a wonderful leader and we're going to miss you. [:D]

And a big congrats to roo and 506! :D

19. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm getting yellow banner requests for Comms. [face_mischief] So get out your sunglasses people. I know it's bright :cool:, but just as a gesture, we'd like to do it for a short bit.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hit me with it.[face_beatup]

21. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I've looked at this so much, I'm actually adjusted to it now. It's the normal images that hurt my eyes now.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, my eyes have adjusted to it a bit as well.

23. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    The yellow will live on in our retinas for all eternity. :cool:

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whether I agreed with things or not, you were always a fair admin. Not one too proud to change you mind either. What more can one ask of you.

A most deserved rest, though it feels strange to think of the boards without Teh Yellow. It was alwasy like the sun rising when you came to MS. lol

Roo, I know you'll be a grand Head Admin.

ObiWan506, congrats and you too will be awesome.

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't even put into words how sad this makes me. Your leadership has been an example (a good one before anyone twists my meaning! :p ) to us all.

:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.