main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA PC Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    It's one of those games that never ends.. you start off with a single celled organism, you design your lifeform at every stage of evolution from single celled to when you've developed to a space faring Alien...

It looks interesting.. but think it's one of those games I'll give a skip

2. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    There aren't many games that come under that category for you stinky!

[face_peace]

3. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    [face_shame_on_you] More these days, I'm struggling to find games I enjoy these days.

GRID - meh, ok. But boring. Not fun - Didn't finish.
    Lost Oddysey - It's not a bad game, Just feels more like work than actually fun. Haven't finished it (at the end of the first dvd - out of 4)
    Lego Indiana Jones - I hated every minute of that stupid game..
    TMNT - Same again, just not as much as LIJ. At least TMNT was quick.
    Forza 2 - Soooooo long.. and what, 10-15 tracks? Feels like you're doing them over and over and over.. There's something like 500 races.
    GTA4 - Multi-player was fun, single-player (storyline anyway) was 'fun' for a VERY limited time. Mucking about is still amusing.

Last game I found I enjoyed was Army of Two, and it was too short. And too long ago.. FU (bad abbreviation - lol, ok. SW-FU demo) is fun though..

4. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Fable 2 and Fallout 3 will hopefully reinvigorate you!

Or maybe....is it time to consider a new platform! :confused:

I haven't really been watching the PC releases lately....Sins of a Solar Empire is supposed to be pretty good though.

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    A question on Spore,

is it playable as a purely single player game, or does it need to be played online.

I'm not big for online gaming, so if it's designed more for that I'm not real interested.

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    From what I heard when it was being made, it's single player. But the game itself looks to the internet to see what other species people are making to add to worlds around yours..

I don't think there's any real multi player as such. But I could be wrong.

And LBJ, yeah, maybe those games will help.. I had more fun playing Academy the other night than with most new games.. heck, I even played the backwards compatible pirates on 360 for 5 hours the other day. Felt like no time it's that sort of game.. Enjoyable.. Need a new game that does that..

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Pirate Marathon endures... I'm kicking butt atm.. Never had over 400 pirates before.. Makes taking over towns so much easier.

8. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Pirates is great...when that first came out on PC I played it pretty much all day for about 6 days straight over Christmas holidays and I think I did everything you can in the game.....I kind of overdosed and haven't gone back but it was great!

Love the land battles, they are sensational.

On a different note....I wonder if I can find a copy of X-Wing when it was updated for CD-ROM in like the mid 90's or something LOL.

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I still have it on floppy disk? (With B-wing disk as well!) lol..

10. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    IGN: The History of Star Wars Games..

Quite a good read.. has some Galaxies comments *laughs and points with LBJ at that game* sigh...

Found out about KOTORO (I hadn't heard about it), that should be interesting. Perhaps I can cleave you in two on that as well eh LBJ?

11. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I bought a joystick and the collectors edition of xwing a couple of years ago, but got stuck on a mission that just seemed downright impossible and never got back around to it.

Might have to dig it out soon.

(another game for my HD wishlist)

12. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I read that article on IGN as well....very interesting. Much better then Good Game's backwards compatible segment on star wars games this week (I am no longer a fan of that show).

Ahhhhh Galaxies.....you hurt me so much yet I still kind of want to play you in a strange way......if that game wasn't a star wars game it would have died years ago I reckon!

KOTORO could certainly be interesting..........I don't know though Stinky....I think some of those duels were pretty even! A rematch is in order! (pending connection solutions!).

Oh and with X-Wing yeah it definitely had an upgrade from the floppy disk version to be Win95 compatible and I think it had a slight graphics upgrade. I found a copy on ebay but it was like $30 - $40 with postage.....a little higher then I had hoped to pay.

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Could try Valhalla? They tend to have older games.. but they did charge a lot. They do postal orders now I think rather than a shop..

14. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I didn't know Valhalla even still existed?

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The rail extension through Perth city killed their store. Still, it makes sense they'd continue as a mail order company -- although yeah, even back in the day they charged like wounded bulls.

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I actually got emailed from them a while back to say they had re-opened. I haven't checked it out at all because of their old prices.. lol..

http://www.valhallagames.com.au/

We're open again!

in

Unit 301 at 396 Scarborough Beach Road,

Osborne Park WA 6017 (Australia)

E-mail address: vikings@valhallagames.com.au
    Phone : +61 407 196 414 (from within Australia 0407 196 414)

Huge ranges of:

Wargames Fantasy-SF RPGs Figures Kits
    Trading Cards Rockets Kites Paints Books Posters
    Diecast Jigsaws Balsa Scenery & Design Materials
    Planes, Trains, Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, Ships
    GAMES SOFTWARE

17. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    They e-mailed you? Oh that's right you were a regular there, they knew you by name [face_laugh]

Just looked at the web site, they say their prices are so out of date that if you see something you like 'make a genuine offer.'

Couldn't see X-Wing on there but they probably have tonne's of stuff not on the web site..... could be fun to go on an archaelogical expedition and potter through all their old stock.

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Everyone knows me by name. They know me in EB's, in the Hobby shop, work (unfortunately) etc etc...

If I know their bargining process it goes like this:

LBJ: I'll give you $20..
    Val: $89.95..
    LBJ: But the game's 15+ years old! Ok, $30
    Val: $95.95
    LBJ: What the..?
    Val: Sonny, this game is an antique... You're meant to look at the box, not play the game... Tell you what, for you I'll do you a deal for a round $100..
    LBJ: Sigh *whim-buys*

lol :p

Haven't had a whim-buy in a while now...

19. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Since you bought a Wii you mean? :p

Well I loaded up X-Wing vs TIE Fighter yesterday only to discover my joystick no longer works with windows.....I guess that is to be expected given that it's over 10 years old and still uses the old gameport on the sound card for a connection ha ha. Plugged it in and windows didn't even try to detect it.

Might be in the market for a more recent usb joystick if I want to relive past glories.

20. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I refuse to acknowledge that I have ever owned such a device!!

I have a logitech control pad if you want to try using that for a bit? It's like a playstation 2 controller with the 2 joysticks?

21. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Sigh, why not?!??!?!?! You sacrificed multi-player for no reason, why isn't the game long?????!!!!!

22. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    8 hours....oeeerrrr.....won't take long. Maybe it'll be worth finishing a couple of times???? Hopefully :confused:

Well I have a 1993 version of X-Wing working on my vista machine LOL. Those X-Wing games are still the best star wars flight games out there!

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    If I can drag myself away from GTA IV I might reinstall xwing. Hopefully I'll get further than last time

24. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    X-Wing ... sheesh, did you guys ever try to do the training run without using a joystick? I think I killed more mice than the whole cat species over the course of my uni days on that game... :D

25. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    You simply cannot play any X-Wing game without a joystick...to quote Boromir "it is folly."

Played through three missions from the first tour last night....ahhhh good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.