main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[PC, PS3, 360] Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Jul 13, 2011.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The hammer is pretty epic, but you can only use a pistol or bolter if you have it. Mind you, you don't really need much else.

The ending wasn't unexpected, at least on the Leandros front. Setting up for a sequel or DLC or something? I don't know. I'd love for there to be more though. It's been one of the best games I've ever played, and I'll be playing the multiplayer bit a lot, and the campaign will get a few more runs through at least.

I love the music a lot. I'm just sitting here listening to the music as the credits roll past.

2. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2011
    This game is epic

If you play online try to team up with ppl games is hell of alot easyer
    Can't wait for the DLC

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, the DLC should be great fun.

Also, KingGrimlock, is the quote in your sig supposed to be from the game, because it's wrong if it is. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Teh Blud Raehvens survived Dawn of War 2 it appears. Obvious I guess, since they ah the Emprah's Fureh!

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Probably, except that the 40k universe spans 1,000 years and it's not all released in chronological order. The Horus Heresy stuff is, but the novels, games, the movie, etc, it's all over the galaxy and time frame.

Edit: oh an the Blood Ravens are a Chapter. Something pretty bad would have to happen to wipe out an entire Chapter, and destroy the gene seed, and remove every chance of ever making more.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You should read the Space Wolves Omnibuses if you haven't already - some of the stories touch that area.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Titus specifically mentions the Aurelian Crusade, which was the setting of the Dawn of War 2 games. And having played those games, I can say that the Blood Ravens suffered horrendous casualties. The chapter is already at half strength thanks to the disasterous campaign from Dawn of War: Soulstorm.

From there, there are heavy casualties amongst the 4th Company during the Tyranid invasion, that leaves Davian Thule interred in a Dreadnought.

Chaos Rising reveals that of the survivors, fully half of them have turned to Chaos thanks to the Chapter Master's corrupting influence. The 4th Company Commander is sent on a Crusade of Absolution to pay for nearly falling to chaos, taking most of the company's remnants with him into the Eye of Terror.

Que ten years of fighting, and things are really karked up. Most of the 1st Company has fallen to chaos, the 3rd Company barely survives the final confrontation with Kyras' daemon ascendant, and the few remaining loyalists carve up another two companies who have fallen to chaos.

The final cinematic of the Space Marine ending in Dawn of War: Retribution, shows a handful of Blood Ravens praising Gabriel Angelos as their new Chapter Master. That handful might be all that was left after the Crusade.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Ah, see, I knew the Blood Ravens were in Dawn of War, but I haven't played all the way through the single player campaign, or played Dawn of War 2. Thanks for the info though. :)

9. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Yep. Coincidentally, the actions in Dawn of War 2 place the game in the 42nd Milennium, since they fight against a Tyranid Splinter Fleet from Hive Fleet Leviathan, which attacked in the last few years of M41. That would place Space Marine even further into the new millennia.

10. KingGrimlock

Jul 21, 2011

Hey thanks for the notice man.

And I'm hoping the co-op mode in the DLC is going to be worth the wait

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Shall we pencil September 8th as a time to get together on Steam and play the new co-op mode as a group? I'd suggest the day it comes out (the 6th) but that's mid-week and I don't know if anyone's busy then or not.

12. KingGrimlock

Jul 21, 2011

You mean in Oct homie we already in Sept...and I would join you on steam but I got the game for xbox

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, I did mean October. It's just proof that I shouldn't post when tired. :oops:

It's ok, both ImNotAStarWarsFanboy and I have it on the 360.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The fact that it is free and it counts towards multiplayer rank progression makes me want it that much more. Though I bet you anything people will just end up playing the co-op to level up and no-one will be in the normal multiplayer any more[face_plain]

15. KingGrimlock

Jul 21, 2011
    ill be on the multi i messing people up on there i you guys are down to play together and me on xbox gamertag is same as my user name here just and a space

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Just going through on Hard trying to get the achievement for completing the first bit on Hard without dying.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I didn't get the achievement. I forgot about the Orks in the lift near the end and got pwned bad.

Anyway, I'm looking for the co-op add on, doesn't seem to be out yet. Anyone know of anything I'm missing?

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
  19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I can't say I'm surprised that it's been delayed to late October now. From what I've heard they've had a lot of problems, particularly with the PS3 version not being able to access multiplayer at all, and that's taken priority, and rightly so. There's no point in adding to something that doesn't work. But yeah, it's exciting news! How's everyone for the 29th? It's the first Saturday after it's out so everyone should have it and it's a Saturday so everyone should be free.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ah who am I kidding, I'm always free. Yes, sounds like a plan.

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It seems to be decided that Space Marine won't have a sequel, which is a shame because it's such a good game. I think it's done amazingly well and the ending was left open for a sequel, or it could be seen that way. They will still do DLC for it, so it's not like they won't bring out new content, but it's not the same. Still there's the MMOG that will be out in 2013.

22. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    But it's not because of poor sales right? They don't think there's room for a Space Marine II and a Warhammer 40K MMO on the market.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sounds quite early for a sequel decision Mousse, it's come out at the start of the big autumn games splurge, there's Xmas on the horizon followed by new year sales and I'm sure a lot of people are doing what I am - waiting for the price to fall, which it has, it's now approaching the £20 mark.

I guess DLC could be done to tie up the hanging plot thread that would have been done by the sequel and that will help, but right now, this sounds a bit what befell Bulletstorm - no more DLC for that now, I think and I bought that at a higher price to support it too.

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    DLC was supposed to be out today. It's out on the PS3 and PC but we're still waiting for it on the 360. Can someone post about it when it's available?

Also, Saturday at 12:00pm, be on XBL. My XBL name is moosemousse, add me if you want in on the crazy co-op shenanigans. Bring a mic.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Exterminatus is live on 360!! Just thought I'd let y'all know.