main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

::Peers through doorway::

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by GrandMoffTarkin, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Hello all. I've not been a regular on these forums for a couple of years. Even when I was a regular, I didn't talk much.

However, I've been looking through the JC again recently and I realise I miss it. And I miss having star wars nuts around, so I think I'm going to be back for a good while.

So... Hi. Nice for South UK to have its own FF area! :D I'll probably be making a nuisance of myself around here.

2. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    Hello!
    Yay! Another person to drive up the wall! :D

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Tarkin, you're BACK!

Are you still down near Southampton? Or was it Portsmouth? I can't remember, bloody hell, it's been nearly 3 years since I first tried getting a damn chapter together :p Took quite a few attempts too...

4. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Up the wall? I'm nearly at the ceiling already! And yeah. I'm still near Soton. About half way between that and Bournemouth.

Also, dear gods, someone remembers me? I'd thought I'd been able to keep lurking in obscurity. o_O

5. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    Woohoo! Mission accomplished! :D *Is retrieved by the men in white coats and returned to the FF:UK - South Insanitarium....* 8-}

6. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Pfeh. Don't flatter yourself too much. :p I think my main cause of insanity was my housemates at uni. And trying to find a job after uni.

7. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yes, I remember you. It was Asabrush and you who were doing the best job at helping along the creation of the chapter the first time, I think you did our first unofficial meet in Southampton...

This shocks me. I can remember all of this from 3 years ago but I can't remember yesterday :p

8. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    haha! Yes. Asabrush and I did indeed meet up in a pub in Soton. Not an epic gathering really. And I don't think we even talked about Star Wars! :eek:

Does Asabrush visit the forums at all anymore?

9. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    Same here.... :p :D

10. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I think he still moans about the good old days and the current administration in FFUK Regional and Comms occasionally :p

11. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Too many times of my housemates slipping pink food colouring into my dinner or accidentally leaving a tap running and flooding the upstairs bathroom/kitchen. [face_nervous_twitch]

People have always moaned about the current administration. :D

And as far as I can tell, FFUK (thank gods they didn't change that to BIFF) is a much more pleasant community than it was.

In my opinion.

12. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    Hmm... Mine was black food colouring and plastering the entire kitchen in spray mount... 8-}

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Good to see ya back around these parts :D

14. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Your housemates sound even worse than mine! What about having to put up with them looking over the dinner you're cooking (without food colouring) and simply exclaiming "Ahh. Dysentery!"

My word, Hal. About my first memory of TFN is you signature saying "They are not 'songs'. They are 'tracks' or 'cues'" How long have you had that in there?!

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Welcome back Tarkin :D

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    That line has become legend status now. I daren't remove it LOL

17. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    You win, mine were fairly complementary about my cooking... :p ;)

18. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Actually... I don't know if that says more about your housemates or my cooking... [face_worried]

19. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    Well, considering I achieved raw pork chops, sloppy toad-in-the-hole and gravy thick enough to plaster the walls with... I'll leave you to decide that one! [face_whistling] :D

20. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    Hmmm. I think you may have had nicer housemates. Or mine were particularly mean. That said, the remains of one of my early attempts are still welded to a saucepan... :D

21. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    Done that with chocolate before - I tried to melt it in the microwave in a glass bowl. Next thing I knew, the kitchen was filled with smoke and the choclate was alight... :_| Needless to say, we had to throw the bowl out... :(

22. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    :(

It wasn't too bad for me, though I could taste the ash for another couple of meals.

We had an experiment of putting a baguette that had "do not microwave" on the packaging into the microwave. It sort of smouldered, so we took it outside and poured water onto it. It seemed to go out... eventually! :D

23. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    Nice...

My housemate's boyfriend (who also happens to be our Landlord's son), decided it would be a good idea to put a vinyl in the microwave... We ended up with a very unusual fruit bowl... Then there was the time he put a bar of soap in it... I'm quite surprised it still works, really... [face_worried]

24. GrandMoffTarkin

Jun 22, 2001
    haha. I always wanted to try metal. Unfortunately, I've never quite dared. :(

I hear grapes are rather spectacular as well.

25. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    I've done metal, well a foil tray actually... Lots of very pretty blue sparks and mini forks of lightning... [face_worried]

Not tried grapes though... *Wanders off to Sainsbury's to buy some* :D

I do know someone who microwaved a hard boiled egg though... Apparently they explode... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.