main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC People should have the year of birth tatooed on their forehead

Discussion in 'Community' started by Im_just_guessing, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Today I discovered that two people I thought were 4-5 years older than me are 1 month younger and 3 years younger than me.

This is ridiculous, and my inability to judge people's ages should be rectified by the actions of others.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I'm just guessing, but I assume it went like this...

These people have jobs. They don't live off mom and dad's dime. They have lives.

You find out you're older than them and lack all of the above.

So now you want them branded or sent off to typhoid mary land.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Telling what age anyone is these days is becoming harder. I have to decide to let people see movies based on whether I think they are age appropriate. You get young teenagers now who look around 17, yet they aren't even legally able to go to see a 15 rated movie. Or those just legally able to see a 15 rated movie who I would let in to see something 18 rated because they look about 19.
    It's not hard to bring ID with you, but if you based allowing entry on how people looked a lot of people would get into things they wouldn't be allowed to.

But similarly things like height can be detrimental. I know someone in their 30s who 5ft1 and gets asked for ID when buying alcohol.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    From the title I thought this was a beezel thread.

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Starting with you.

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I've hit that age where everyone under the age of 25 looks like a teenager. And they all look alike too. Youth is surprisingly homogeneous when viewed from a large enough distance.

7. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    Why do people make such a huge deal about age? :confused:

I mean, aside from stuff for which there is an age limit, like drinking or driving, who cares? The lifespan of a human being is but a tiny speck in the larger scheme of things. Everything in the universe seems to take thousands of years, sometimes eons... we are but tiny little specks in the big picture. :-B

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Because making a big deal about age is fun.

I have a permanent five o'clock shadow so I looked like I was in my twenties when I was actually a nasty, disgusting high schooler. Thankfully, I am now in my twenties.

9. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I'd have Aquarius tattooed on my head rather than '88.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    neither of those is a year, but i guess it would work if you want people to assume you were born in the 70's.

edit: well ok '88 is a year but tattooing aquarius on your head clearly wouldn't give people an accurate picture of how old you are.

11. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Whichever song was at number one on the day you were born should be tattooed to your forehead.

12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    ^^ Yea, gods! That's even worse than having your birth year tattooed on your forehead! I'd rather have "Leo" or "Year of the Tiger" on my forehead. I was born in the year of the Tiger.

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    People should have the entire text of that year's Pulizter Prize winning fiction novel tattooed on their forehead. Unabridged.

14. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    [image=http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.63997048.jpg]

15. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    How about instead we get little crystals embedded in our palms that glow bright green. Until we turn 29, when they turn pink, and red at 30 to the police know it is ok to kill us.

Just a thought.

16. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I totally read that as "Eye of the Tiger", and I was going to say, at least you'd have an awesome song tattooed on your forehead!

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    if we went with E's idea i'd have "kung fu fighting" tattooed on my forehead, which would be pretty cool.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I definitely do not want "Family Affair" tattooed to my forehead. (I was born in 1971.)

I still get carded though, so the age on the forehead wouldn't bother me that much. I rather enjoy being guessed younger than I am. :p

19. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I was walking down the street a week or two ago, when these two gangstas were talking loudly to each other. One went "Dayum look at that girl!" and the other replied with "No man, she's underage." Sadly I realized they were talking about me.

20. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    yea but it's not like we get to experience anything else but that tiny speck. which turns it into a pretty big speck.

21. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    Whoa, now you're getting existential on me!? :eek:

;)

22. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    [image=http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Logans-Run.jpg]

23. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    Since when do gangstas care about a girl being under eighteen? Real gangstas use the "she told me she was eighteen!" line errtime.

24. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008

[image=http://robotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Lawrence-Taylor-mugshot-6may2011.jpg]
    O.G.L.T.

25. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    ...touche...