main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Perilious Days: Luke/Vader/surprises- between ESB and ROTJ *COMPLETED* SFFA Winner- Best Non-Human

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter 7:

Teemish's grin turned to confusion a moment later when he felt something bounce off the side of his boot. Looking down, Teemish's eyes went wide at the sight of the severed head of his Falleen associate, Zaros. His gaze traveled from Zaros' head up until it came to rest of the beaten form of Kohvrekhar. Ha! Got him! Pride, Teemish, pride!

Chapter 8:

Oh my gosh! Poor Luke! Poor Vader! Horrible Teemish. Great chapter! :)

Chapter 9

Ha - I loved the Winter/Tycho bit.

And Teemish bites the dust. Bet he didn't expect that.

"That Imperial defector you and Luke are here tracking down, he sent Alliance high command an alert."

"There really is an Imperial defector?" Tycho asked shocked.

"Must be; who else would have sent a message about what was happening here?"
    Ooh! The plot thickens. Great tension.

Chapter 10
    Xizor, the name stuck in Vader's throat. He would deal with the Dark Prince soon enough. He would see to it that Xizor paid the ultimate price for daring to threaten the life of his child. He would execute Xizor personally, no one would get in his way- not even the Emperor.

He stepped onto the boarding ramp of his shuttle and was nearly inside when he felt it. Something familiar whispered to him through the Force, a presence he had not felt since...
    Great little echoes there of Shadows of the Empire and also ANH. :)

I loved the banter between Tycho and Winter.

The dream sequences are fascinating. Are they also foreshadowings I wonder?

Cool post.

Chapter 11;

Wow! Great ending. I'm also enjoying the way you write Kohvrekar. I'm going to nominate him for Best Portrayal of a Non-Human in the SFFA. Hint, hint to the other readers. :)

Luke found himself silently cheering on Vader, or was he really Anakin Skywalker? Either way, the thought was unsettling to the young Jedi-in-training. How could he be rooting for a Dark Lord of the Sith, for Vader? How could you not cheer for your own father? Again - the dilemmas they're all facing are great. :)

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR NOTE: I want to thank everyone who has nominated this story for the upcoming awards- it means a lot. [face_love] Thanks, and I hope you continue to enjoy this story.

Tahi: Chapter 7:

Teemish's grin turned to confusion a moment later when he felt something bounce off the side of his boot. Looking down, Teemish's eyes went wide at the sight of the severed head of his Falleen associate, Zaros. His gaze traveled from Zaros' head up until it came to rest of the beaten form of Kohvrekhar. Ha! Got him! Pride, Teemish, pride!

LMAO! So true, so very true. [face_devil]

Chapter 8:

Oh my gosh! Poor Luke! Poor Vader! Horrible Teemish. Great chapter!

Things sure didn't look good there for a bit, did they? Thanks!

Chapter 9

Ha - I loved the Winter/Tycho bit.

Good, I liked writing it.

And Teemish bites the dust. Bet he didn't expect that.

You know what they say about a woman scorned, don't you? Vader certainly did lol!

"That Imperial defector you and Luke are here tracking down, he sent Alliance high command an alert."

"There really is an Imperial defector?" Tycho asked shocked.

"Must be; who else would have sent a message about what was happening here?" Ooh! The plot thickens. Great tension.

Thanks again! Yep, it does make one wonder who the traitor is...

Chapter 10
    Xizor, the name stuck in Vader's throat. He would deal with the Dark Prince soon enough. He would see to it that Xizor paid the ultimate price for daring to threaten the life of his child. He would execute Xizor personally, no one would get in his way- not even the Emperor.

He stepped onto the boarding ramp of his shuttle and was nearly inside when he felt it. Something familiar whispered to him through the Force, a presence he had not felt since... Great little echoes there of Shadows of the Empire and also ANH.

I was hoping that would come across. Glad to know I did my job the right way. :)

I loved the banter between Tycho and Winter.

Me too!

The dream sequences are fascinating. Are they also foreshadowings I wonder?

That's what sequels are for...

Cool post.

Glad you think so.

Chapter 11;

Wow! Great ending. I'm also enjoying the way you write Kohvrekar. I'm going to nominate him for Best Portrayal of a Non-Human in the SFFA. Hint, hint to the other readers.

You flatter me, and I love it! :p Seriously, thank you for that.

Luke found himself silently cheering on Vader, or was he really Anakin Skywalker? Either way, the thought was unsettling to the young Jedi-in-training. How could he be rooting for a Dark Lord of the Sith, for Vader? How could you not cheer for your own father? Again - the dilemmas they're all facing are great.

I am pushing the emotional turmoil just a bit, aren't I? lol! Yes, they're all in very tough places as far as loyalty and love are concerned- my poor characters!

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR MESSAGE: I just wanted to say thanks again for all the nominations this story has received. I was truly stunned to see this story, and its characters among the SFFA nominees. :eek: I'm quite flattered, and it means a lot, so thank you to everyone who nominated me.

Now, as to the next post...it IS coming soon. DRL has had me a bit distracted over the last few days, but it shouldn't be long now. My apologies for the delay, and, again, I hope to have it ready soon.

JD.

4. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR NOTE: My apologies for the delay in getting this chapter up. DRL has been especially evil of late. So much so in fact that when I finish my current fics I may be taking an extended leave from the boards. :_| Hopefully not, but it is a distinct possibility. Anyway, no need to fear though, I WILL be finishing my fics before I go, if I have to leave that is. All right, I'll be quiet now and let you read lol!

Chapter 12
    Clan honor

Vader heard the crack of saber on saber as Maul's blade met Luke's. The sight of the sparks from the initial strike sent a hot spike of anger through the Dark Lord, and he rushed the former Sith apprentice. In an instant Vader's red blade met one half of Maul's lightstaff, and he used his strength to shove the former Sith away from his son. The next several moments seemed to pass in slow motion as Vader dueled Maul. His Master's former apprentice was strong with the darkside, but his hate could never run as deep as Vader's own self-loathing.

Maul worked furiously between father and son, but his focus was clearly on the father. Maul found himself slightly taken aback by the viciousness of Vader's attacks. The boy, however, was much easier to deal with. In many ways, Vader's son was a typical weak Jedi, too controlled to be any real threat to him. The boy's skill was impressive for a Jedi, but he, Maul, was a Sith. Sith had no fear, and the Jedi would always be a pathetic and weak order. He pushed Vader back, creating some distance, then turned his attention to Luke.

Luke was amazed at the dark warrior's skill, and the hatred that flowed from him. He was, in Luke's opinion, the personification of the darkside. Unlike his father, this dark warrior had no spark of light within him, no redeeming values. Luke found his skills were barely enough to counter the pure hate of his enemy, his family's enemy. Luke let out a yelp as his enemy's red blade made contact with his right thigh, and he fell to the hanger floor.

Vader felt Luke's pain as if it were his own, and his anger spiked still higher. He launched at Maul before the former Sith could capitalize on Luke's misfortune. His anger was a bottomless pit, dark and soothing to his troubled soul. In that blackness Vader could clearly see his purpose and feel the power he had always desired. Hatred for the man who would harm his child, who would challenge his right to be called Sith grew into a raging fire in his core. He would kill Maul now and nothing would stop him.

Vader intercepted the strike meant for the fallen Luke and shoved Maul aside with force. Luke rose again, his wound was minor and he quickly rejoined the fight. Once more, Maul was between father and son, his double bladed weapon striking with precision. Maul landed a strong kick on Vader's jaw, and the Dark Lord was sent reeling backwards. However, Luke jumped between his father and Maul preventing the former Sith from causing any further harm to Vader. This was how things went for many long minutes thereafter. Father protecting son, and son protecting father as Maul fought hard to destroy them both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mara Jade could hardly believe her eyes as she entered the darkened hanger. But there it was for all to see, Darth Vader, the Emperor's right hand, fighting side by side with Luke Skywalker, hero of the Rebellion. Mara shook her head convinced that her eyes were deceiving her. Still, through the Force Mara could sense the rightness of the scene she was bearing witness to. It was odd to be sure, but she could feel that this was how things were always meant to have been. Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker battling shoulder to shoulder; a stranger image Mara Jade could not conjure up no matter how hard she tried.

Seemingly of their own volition, Mara eyes settled their gaze on Luke. His Jedi training had certainly been kind to his physical form, Mara thought idly. Again, She felt heat rise in her cheeks as she watched Luke's graceful, yet powerful movements. Not half bad for a

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your DRL. You still do pretty good writing when under DRL.

I'm liking Kovehkbar (too lazy to check spelling ;) ) more each post. I hope Vader makes the right decision.

6. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Excellent post :D I really didn't expect Luke to flee.. At least we have Mara after him..
    Good luck fighting DRL!

7. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    //in fact that when I finish my current fics I may be taking an extended leave from the boards.//

I hope not :( your one of the few friends iv actually made on these boards :) but if you need a rest its understandable :)

Another great part, is it almost finished or is there more? :)
    Youve spoilt me with your 80+ chaptered WiK ;) though that doesnt show any sighns of being close to finished :D which is fine by me, its currently the best Fic iv read on the boards for a while and i wish it didnt have to end, though it does :(

8. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I suppose ?Maul? is right, was only when Obi-Wan went a little berserk and uncontrolled that he posed a threat to the real Maul. Liked how Vader let his anger about Lukes pain feed the ?raging fire in his core? and his hatred for ?Maul? as a pretender.

Enjoyed Mara?s thoughts on how right Luke and Vader looked fighting alongside each other and how good Luke looked to her. :)
    Also liked her outrage at her, the Emperor?s Hand, being treated in such a manner!

Nice move by Kohvrekhar pouncing on ?Maul? and biting him at the base of the neck, as anyone with kitty-cats will know that is the kill-bite to sever the spinal cord. Good work by Luke in taking advantage of this to batter through ?Maul?s defences and stab him through the chest.

Appreciated Vader treating ?Maul? with contempt as being unworthy of being killed by him.

I like Kohvrekhar placing the wellbeing of Clan Vader above the orders of Darth Vader, and that they have a great respect for each other.

9. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
  10. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    That duel was great! Vader against Maul is something I?ve always thought would be cool to see. Luke being part of it was an added bonus. The mental aspect of the father/son feelings both were having over the course of the fight was excellent.

Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker battling shoulder to shoulder; a stranger image Mara Jade could not conjure up no matter how hard she tried.

[face_laugh] Me too! The visual on that was great! I loved that you added Mara's perspective as an observer.

Vader allowing the stormtroopers to kill Maul with blaster fire was particularly evil. Poor guy! He didn?t even get the death he felt he deserved at the hand of his nemesis.

I?m glad Kohvrekhar survived the exchange. I was afraid he wouldn?t there for a minute! And him helping Luke escape Vader was a nice touch. Of course, now he has to face his master?s wrath and I don?t envy him?

Congrats on your award nominations - especially on the character categories (Kohvrekhar and Teemish). Both are very well done and the recognition is well deserved. Good luck in the actual competition! ;)

Take time off if you need ? we?ve all been there at one time or another - but don?t forget to come back!

11. LukeAnaSkywalker

LukeAnaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    That was one heck of a really, really good fight scene you just wrote there. Couldn't help but read it a couple more times. I wonder how Mara's going to be able to do her job, if she's just about nearly drooling over the enemy. Can't really blame her on that account though. Very good how you portrayed the respect between Vader and the Noghri. Very nice how he let Luke escape to protect the clan from the reactions the clan itself would bring about.

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    RebelMom: Sorry to hear about your DRL. You still do pretty good writing when under DRL.

Thank you, and I'm glad you think so.

I'm liking Kovehkbar (too lazy to check spelling ) more each post. I hope Vader makes the right decision.

It's quite amazing the following that my Noghri friend has gained of late. I hope Vader does the right thing as well.

Ana_Labris: Excellent post I really didn't expect Luke to flee.. At least we have Mara after him..
    Good luck fighting DRL!

Thanks for the support! Yes, Mara is on his trail, but what will happen next...

Alixen: //in fact that when I finish my current fics I may be taking an extended leave from the boards.//

I hope not your one of the few friends iv actually made on these boards but if you need a rest its understandable

Glad to hear that. :) I nearly had to leave last year but escaped without having to do so- I'm hoping for the same result this time!

Another great part, is it almost finished or is there more?

A little of both to be honest. Almost finished, but there is still more.

Youve spoilt me with your 80+ chaptered WiK though that doesnt show any sighns of being close to finished which is fine by me, its currently the best Fic iv read on the boards for a while and i wish it didnt have to end, though it does

No, WIK isn't done yet, not by a long shot! Even if I leave, much is written so I'll probably keep posting at least one fic. :D

_JM_: I suppose ?Maul? is right, was only when Obi-Wan went a little berserk and uncontrolled that he posed a threat to the real Maul. Liked how Vader let his anger about Lukes pain feed the ?raging fire in his core? and his hatred for ?Maul? as a pretender.

Very true, anger makes one powerful but foolish. Yes, Vader found a bit of a loophole in the Force. He can't love Luke, but he can hate everyone who wants to harm him. [face_devil]

Enjoyed Mara?s thoughts on how right Luke and Vader looked fighting alongside each other and how good Luke looked to her.
    Also liked her outrage at her, the Emperor?s Hand, being treated in such a manner!

Glad you enjoyed Mara POV, I wanted an outsider's take on things. Poor Mara falling for her "enemy." Ya, I figured Mara would feel a bit miffed at being disrespected by Maul.

Nice move by Kohvrekhar pouncing on ?Maul? and biting him at the base of the neck, as anyone with kitty-cats will know that is the kill-bite to sever the spinal cord. Good work by Luke in taking advantage of this to batter through ?Maul?s defences and stab him through the chest.

Noghri are vicious creatures when they need to be, no doubt about that. Luke's getting better when it comes to the big fight scenes, true!

Appreciated Vader treating ?Maul? with contempt as being unworthy of being killed by him.

It seemed the Vader thing to do. It was one of those scenes that really wrote itself.

I like Kohvrekhar placing the wellbeing of Clan Vader above the orders of Darth Vader, and that they have a great respect for each other.

That is one of those aspects of the Noghri that has always fascinated me. I've spent a lot of time thinking about what if the Noghri had met the Skywalker's prior to Vader's death. But you probably figured that much out by now lol!

Shinning_Star: Up!

Thanks!

Reihla: That duel was great! Vader against Maul is something I?ve always thought would be cool to see. Luke being part of it was an added bonus. The mental aspect of the father/son feelings both were having over the course of the fight was excellent.

Well the idea comes from an issue of Star Wars tales and the story is Resurrection if you're still curious. I really wanted to have Vader and Luke fight together at least once- it's a fan-boy thing lol! True, both were/are awfully conflicted about their relationship.

Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker battling shoulder to shoulder; a stranger image Mara Jade cou

13. Watcher_of_Dreams

Watcher_of_Dreams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    Wonderful. Loved Korekevhar; he sounds like a very dedicated Nohigri. (hate spelling that word) [face_laugh] I guessed Maul, I guessed Maul! [face_laugh] Mr. Yellow Eyes! Can't wait for an up!

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Watcher_of_Dreams: Wonderful. Loved Korekevhar; he sounds like a very dedicated Nohigri. (hate spelling that word) I guessed Maul, I guessed Maul! Mr. Yellow Eyes! Can't wait for an up!

Woohoo! Another Korekevhar fan! Yep, he's one dedicated Noghri, (I have more trouble with his name lol) that's very true. You guessed Maul?! Congrats! I'd offer a prize, but I'm a little low on credits. :p Thanks, and I'll be working on a new update in the near future.

15. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR NOTE Once more, I'm sorry for the DRL induced delay! Not the final chapter, but we're pretty close now. There is a hint of what will be featured in the sequel in this chapter, so keep your eyes open. ;) Next chapter will be up ASAP, but I need to do a new post for Blood and Moonlight first!

First off, a huge thank-you to everyone who nominated this story for the SFFA! Now I have an IMPORTANT favor to ask of my wonderful readers. I'm kind of hung up on what excerpt to send for our Noghri friend's entry in the summer awards. If any of you have a particular Kohvrekhar passage that you liked, please drop me a PM. I'll still have to decide, but if it would be most helpful if I could get some sense of what people like best about him. Zero pressure, on you anyway, but any help would be much appreciated. :) OK, I'll be quiet now and let you read.

Chapter 13
    A perilous dawn

Kohvrekhar's steely gaze met that of his Lord, not a trace of fear present in his cold eyes. He knew that he now stood between father and son, a place he least wanted to be. There was no honor in keeping a clan divided, but in this case he felt duty bound to keep clan Vader separate, at least for now. There was little doubt that Kohvrekhar found his current circumstances uncomfortable, but this was his calling. Though the thought pained him greatly, he would draw his blade against Lord Vader if need be. His Young Lord deserved no less loyalty than his father, no less loyalty than he had shown to Lady Vader and the Mal?ary?ush all those years ago.

Vader stared down at his servant, his body rigid despite the weakened state of his mechanical systems. He couldn't help but respect Kohvrekhar even if his growing frustration over this turn of events made him want to lash out. However, before he could respond to the Noghri's defiance a familiar presence touched his senses. She was here, Mara Jade was nearby now. Vader felt her move away from his location, away to find Luke.

"I will deal with your disloyalty later, Kohvrekhar clan Bakh?tor, but now I have need of your skills. My son, you will go to him. Protect him as you have here, or you will die a most shameful death."

"At once, My Lord." Kohvrekhar darted swiftly into the shadows, or as swiftly as he could given his numerous injuries.

As he watched Kohvrekhar exit, the Dark Lord's thoughts grew increasingly troubled. Why did his Noghri servant still live? He had defied him in the most blatant of ways over the years, yet still he drew breath. Not only did Kohvrekhar live, but he was again charged with safeguarding Luke's life! This was a kind of weakness that Vader had never known. Such emotional decisions belonged to that young fool, Anakin Skywalker. Only a weakling such as Skywalker would permit Kohvrekhar to continue to serve.

He knew in that moment that despite Kohvrekhar's betrayal, he would not destroy the Noghri upon his return. Vader's thought's now drifted to twenty years earlier, the time of Kohvrekhar's last act of defiance. Why had his decision to kill Bail Organa's daughter changed with Kohvrekhar's refusal? Again, the answer was at it always had been, as he feared it always would be...Anakin Skywalker. Every time he had the opportunity to embrace his dark potential fully, Skywalker was there. Vader had banished Anakin Skywalker to the realm of shadowy memories and nightmares, yet he had stayed the Dark Lord's hand more times than he cared to count.

Knowing that there was nothing that would put his mind at ease at the moment, Vader turned to enter his shuttle. His life-support systems needed to be repaired quickly, and Kohvrekhar would see to it that Luke remained unharmed. His anger at the how events had unfolded was great, but as he entered his shuttle Vader felt more tired than anything else. Why that was the case when the darkside flowed so strongly within him, Vader did not wish to ponder now. He would deal with his mental weakness later, for now the body was what required his focus. His breathing labored, Vader finally e

16. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    For what does the Emperor strife more? Power or his strange entertaiments? Sometimes I realy don't know. [face_laugh]

You descriped his thoughts and actions very close to how it was done in 'Shadows'.

Which scene to select for the SFFA? How about then K. told Luke off or when he took Luke side against his Lord. It showed very well how independent he really is. He is no slave or mere servant as most who know about the Noghris would think. That honor, his own as well at that of Clan Vader, is of the most importance to him. Not his life or anythink else. He dosen't fear his Lord, perhaps the real reason why Anakin/ Vader still keeps him around.

Vadey

btw, I nominated him and Teemish as well as the story as a whole too.

17. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Poor Vader, he wants to be ruthless but Anakin makes him be honourable and to respect Kohvrekhar. Enjoyed Kohvrekhar?s thoughts on having to keep clan Vader divided despite there being no honour in that because it was the best course. Also enjoyed Vaders thoughts on how Anakin continues to haunt him.

Liked Mara?s mixed feelings on why she was hunting Luke and why she was enjoying the hunt so much. Agree with her that while she is alive there is a chance to make amends.

Also liked that Luke could sense Mara closing in despite his fatigue and the jumbled state of his mind and emotions.

Felt a little sorry for Drell Kahmf as he?d only been doing a job-for-hire. Liked the Emperor continuing his happy playing of games within games and being amused by seeing how Vader would react to another challenge. When you are supreme ruler of the Galaxy even your own apprentice is just another tool for your manipulation.

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Noghri to the rescue again. Really liked his encounter with Mara. I certainly hope LUke and Tycho can hook up quickly. I think Luke needs a break. :)

19. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Whew! Kohvrekhar lucked out thanks to Mara?s sudden appearance. He?s probably as confused as Vader as to why he?s still alive?

Was it the thrill of doing the Emperor's bidding, or was it something else that was making her pulse race?

Hmmmm?.I wonder. :p

Someone wanted to bring Maul back? Interesting concept. Also interesting is the way the Emperor is now feeling about Vader. I guess things aren?t going to get any easier for the Dark Lord of the Sith.

20. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    VadeyFan2002: For what does the Emperor strife more? Power or his strange entertaiments? Sometimes I realy don't know.

LOL! To be honest, I'm not sure which he likes more either.

You descriped his thoughts and actions very close to how it was done in 'Shadows'.

Wow! Thank you for that, I'm quite flattered. :)

Which scene to select for the SFFA? How about then K. told Luke off or when he took Luke side against his Lord. It showed very well how independent he really is. He is no slave or mere servant as most who know about the Noghris would think. That honor, his own as well at that of Clan Vader, is of the most importance to him. Not his life or anythink else. He dosen't fear his Lord, perhaps the real reason why Anakin/ Vader still keeps him around.

Vadey

Thanks, that helps me narrow things down a bit.

btw, I nominated him and Teemish as well as the story as a whole too.

Again, I'm quite flattered and thank you. :D I finished Teemish's entry, yay me! And I was very pleased to see the entire story get a nomination as well.

_JM_: Poor Vader, he wants to be ruthless but Anakin makes him be honourable and to respect Kohvrekhar. Enjoyed Kohvrekhar?s thoughts on having to keep clan Vader divided despite there being no honour in that because it was the best course. Also enjoyed Vaders thoughts on how Anakin continues to haunt him.

Yep, Vader is not having one of his best days. Anakin's influence over Vader's actions is becoming more pronounced. Kohvrekhar is doing everything he can to protect clan Vader, but it's a tighrope he's walking.

Liked Mara?s mixed feelings on why she was hunting Luke and why she was enjoying the hunt so much. Agree with her that while she is alive there is a chance to make amends.

Poor Mara, she just can catch a break, can she. Plus, she having such conflicted feelings about Luke. I'd feel terrible, if I wasn't the one writing this story lol!

Also liked that Luke could sense Mara closing in despite his fatigue and the jumbled state of his mind and emotions.

His Jedi skills are improving all the time, it's true.

Felt a little sorry for Drell Kahmf as he?d only been doing a job-for-hire. Liked the Emperor continuing his happy playing of games within games and being amused by seeing how Vader would react to another challenge. When you are supreme ruler of the Galaxy even your own apprentice is just another tool for your manipulation.

Well, that's what you get for resurrecting a long dead Sith. [face_devil] True about the Emperor, he likes to keep himself amused.

RebelMom Noghri to the rescue again. Really liked his encounter with Mara. I certainly hope LUke and Tycho can hook up quickly. I think Luke needs a break.

Cool, glad you liked the servants showdown! Me too, the poor guy could do with some rest.

Reihla: Whew! Kohvrekhar lucked out thanks to Mara?s sudden appearance. He?s probably as confused as Vader as to why he?s still alive?

I'd have to agree with your take on things here.

Was it the thrill of doing the Emperor's bidding, or was it something else that was making her pulse race?

Hmmmm?.I wonder.

LMAO!!

Someone wanted to bring Maul back? Interesting concept. Also interesting is the way the Emperor is now feeling about Vader. I guess things aren?t going to get any easier for the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Easier? In a word, no! And, yes, someone wanted Maul back. More importantly is why...

21. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    A will be working on the new post shorty- I had to updated "Blood and Moonlight" first. ;) Anyway, for those that missed this update the first time... UP!

JD.

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter 12

This was a powerful piece of writing. I really enjoyed the depths you showed us in Vader and Luke.

His Master's former apprentice was strong with the darkside, but his hate could never run as deep as Vader's own self-loathing. So true. Very perceptive.

And wow! Good old Kohkrevhar - such an honourable little guy. I like JM's description of him as acting like a cat. I agree, that's a good analogy. :) It was nice to see the respect from Vader at the end, and I also liked the way you wrote Mara's view of things.

Chapter 13
    There was no honor in having one's throat slit in a filthy alleyway on a backwater world, and it would prove nothing. LOL - Mara's always the pragmatist. The Kohkrevhar/Mara encounter was great.

Oh dear - Palpy's such a gruesome individual. Always scheming, and always in order to augment his own standing.

I like the way you're showing Vader's constant battle with his good side. Psychologically very interesting. :) Great that he decided to let Kohkrevhar live. :)

23. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahi: This was a powerful piece of writing. I really enjoyed the depths you showed us in Vader and Luke.

His Master's former apprentice was strong with the darkside, but his hate could never run as deep as Vader's own self-loathing. So true. Very perceptive.

Well, that's quite the compliment, and I thank you for it. :)

And wow! Good old Kohkrevhar - such an honourable little guy. I like JM's description of him as acting like a cat. I agree, that's a good analogy. It was nice to see the respect from Vader at the end, and I also liked the way you wrote Mara's view of things.

True, our noghri friend is many thing, but above all he is honorable. Yes, he is very cat-like, that's true. Vader wants so badly to hate him, but respect always wins out between the two. I'm also glad you liked Mara's P.O.V- it's always good to have another take on things. ;)

Chapter 13
    There was no honor in having one's throat slit in a filthy alleyway on a backwater world, and it would prove nothing. LOL - Mara's always the pragmatist. The Kohkrevhar/Mara encounter was great.

True, and thanks a lot. I really enjoyed their encounter as well. :D

Oh dear - Palpy's such a gruesome individual. Always scheming, and always in order to augment his own standing.

Twisted, ain't he.

I like the way you're showing Vader's constant battle with his good side. Psychologically very interesting. Great that he decided to let Kohkrevhar live.

Thanks! And I had to let him live,...there are other stories to left to tell...

24. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR NOTE: Sad to say it folks, but we've reached the end of this story. :_| I hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you. I would once again like to thank everyone who nominated this story for the SFFA; it means a lot. :) I'll now fall silent, and let you finish reading.

Chapter 14
    Parting thoughts

Tycho embraced his friend and commanding officer, relief evident on his face. Luke's unexpected appearance had been met with shock on Tycho's part, but he had soon gotten over it. Whatever had happened prior to his showing up, Luke was unwilling to discuss it in any detail. But, in truth, he was simply glad to see his friend alive; they could talk about the hows and whys later.

Luke was glad to once again be among friends, or at the very least people who's motivations were actually clear. The constantly shifting current of emotions, actions, and loyalties that had dominated the last few days left him exhausted. He had still been reeling from Vader's revelation on Bespin, and now the events here on Perilious... Luke's thoughts trailed off; this was all too much too soon. He had to find his center again, that calm place that Yoda had so often spoken of. He needed time, but in the midst of war would there ever be enough time? He couldn't exactly take a two week holiday to meditate on the curves life had suddenly thrown him. He was a commander in the Alliance, a Jedi Knight, a man with responsibilities, and he had a friend to rescue.

Han, he would focus on rescuing Han. He would use his friend's unfortunate situation to his advantage. It would be for Han that he would train harder, that he would hone his Jedi skills. There would be no time to dwell on his father's fall, or the endless questions of his purpose. He had a friend to save, and the rest would simply drift into the background...at least for the moment. A serious mind, that was what Yoda expected of him, and what he would have. He was serious about saving Han from Jabba the Hutt, and for that he would need to be a powerful Jedi.

As he, Tycho, and Winter made their way back to Winter's shuttle, Luke's thoughts turned to his lightsaber- his father's lightsaber. The blue-bladed saber stood as a symbol of so much more now. Not merely was it his father's weapon, but it was the symbol of a fallen Knight. A Knight who was not dead, as Luke had once believed, but one who had been cast into the endless void of darkness that existed only to consume. Pain gripped the young Jedi's heart as he reflected on the true fate of his father, the man who helped give him life.

Luke watched, his face blank, as Tycho and Winter boarded Winter's shuttle, Alderaan's legacy. He was about to follow them when he felt the presence that had now become familiar to him. He turned towards the shadows that dominated the left side of the hanger, and when he spoke his voice was even.

"Has my father sent you here on another errand, Kohvrekhar?" Luke's tone may have been even, but there was accusation in his words. And his eyes held the glimmer of suspicion as they bore into the Noghri before him.

The Noghri stepped from the shadows, and Luke winced at the site. He was still covered in blood, and he looked more than half dead. "I am here of my own accord, Young Lord. I wanted you to know that you will have no difficulty in leaving this place; I have seen to that myself."

"Thank you," Luke said weakly, his compassion for Kohvrekhar rising. "I'm sorry I accused you of..."

"There is no need, Young Lord." Kohvrekhar cut him off. "After all, I do serve your father, and I do so proudly."

"Yes, I suppose you do at that," Luke replied dryly. His face held an expression that, though not shielded by a mask, was as unreadable as his father's ever was.

"You are troubled by events here?" Kohvrekhar said, his head cocked to one side.

"I am troubled by many things, Kohvrekhar." Luke replied cryptically.

"General Teemish was not who you believe him to be." Kohvrekhar's unexpected words caught Luke a bit off-guard

25. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Cool Ending :)

This one was a fun one, well done :)

By the way, if your intrested, check out my new fic in Saga :) 'One can Topple All, or None' its another Anakin fic :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.