main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Perilious Days: Luke/Vader/surprises- between ESB and ROTJ *COMPLETED* SFFA Winner- Best Non-Human

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Very Empire Strikes Back-ish. Its over, but then again, it isn't. There are so many places this story could go from here.

Highlights for me were definitely the way Luke brought his saber back to Vader, Vader's compassion for Kohvrekhar, Mara's confusion over her feelings for Luke and Xizor's sense of impending doom where Vader was concerned.

Nicely done!

2. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I just reread the last post for the third time and I noticed, and for the first time actually registered, that is says THE END in the end!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Will there be a sequel?! Because I'll get out of my lurkdome if there is!

*begs*

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Alixen: Cool Ending

This one was a fun one, well done

By the way, if your intrested, check out my new fic in Saga 'One can Topple All, or None' its another Anakin fic

Thanks! I'm always glad to hear you enjoyed my work. :D I just reviewed your new story, and it was great.

Reihla: Very Empire Strikes Back-ish. Its over, but then again, it isn't. There are so many places this story could go from here.

Yes, that's short of what I was going for- glad to know it worked!

Highlights for me were definitely the way Luke brought his saber back to Vader, Vader's compassion for Kohvrekhar, Mara's confusion over her feelings for Luke and Xizor's sense of impending doom where Vader was concerned.

Luke's leaving the lightsaber came from a throwaway line in the ROTJ novelization. "...I no longer carry yours." Yep, our Noghri friend is having quite the impact on his Lord, is he not. And poor Mara, she just can't get Luke out of her mind, and not in a good way- well, sort of lol! I agree, Xizor is feeling the heat, and with good reason, IMO.

Nicely done!

Always nice to have people who have read multiple things you've written say that. :D Thanks for the continued support.

Ana_Labris: I just reread the last post for the third time and I noticed, and for the first time actually registered, that is says THE END in the end!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Will there be a sequel?! Because I'll get out of my lurkdome if there is!

Wow, I didn't even know you were lurking! Anyhow, to answer your question, yes there will be a sequel at some point. Right now my plate is pretty full-blame DRL-but I do have one planned. Also there is the PREQUEL listed in my sig, Blood and Moonlight. I have to get through it before I even start thinking of a sequel in any real way. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this though, and thanks for the reviews. :)

*begs*

Wow! No need for that though, I'll get to it- I promise! For the time being, there is the prequel, and a few other things of mine around. ;)

4. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
  5. LukeAnaSkywalker

LukeAnaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Oh!!! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! (Starts jumping up and down excitedly.)

This was a really good story. I just started to read your prequel. That's really good too. I didn't notice it before, but I can see where a couple of the characters come from now. Wow, is hind and foresight a beautiful thing. (Giggles)

I really liked how you moved all of the characters through. There was a really big flowing connection that made the entire story very enjoyable to read. Can't wait to read some of your other works.

6. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    LukeAnaSkywalker: Oh!!! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! (Starts jumping up and down excitedly.)

I take it you're pleased? :confused: :p

This was a really good story. I just started to read your prequel. That's really good too. I didn't notice it before, but I can see where a couple of the characters come from now. Wow, is hind and foresight a beautiful thing. (Giggles)

Yes, reading the prequel does give an added level of perspective to things, doesn't it.

I really liked how you moved all of the characters through. There was a really big flowing connection that made the entire story very enjoyable to read. Can't wait to read some of your other works.

Wow, thanks! I hope you do check my other works, and more importantly, I hope you enjoy them! :D Glad you liked this, and thanks for the wonderful comments. :)

7. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Excellent ending, JD. :) I loved the way you concluded each of the characters' stories. I especially liked the reference to the Emperor thinking that there was no trace of Skywalker left in Vader. LOL Oh boy - was he in for a surprise! Hubris, as usual.

Luke's thoughts trailed off; this was all too much too soon. He had to find his center again, that calm place that Yoda had so often spoken of. He needed time, but in the midst of war would there ever be enough time?
    So true. And really he never did get much of achance to do that. Neither did his niece and nephews either. Good idea to show how he decided to focus on freeing Han, too. That made this story fit in seamlessly between the two movies. I like the way you tapped into Xizor's attitude to Vader - the way it was in Shadows of the Empire. :)

All in all a cool story. :) Thanks for sharing it with us.

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    the End! :_|

Wonderful ending. I like the wrap up for each of the major participants. Looking forward to the sequel.

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahi: Excellent ending, JD. I loved the way you concluded each of the characters' stories. I especially liked the reference to the Emperor thinking that there was no trace of Skywalker left in Vader. LOL Oh boy - was he in for a surprise! Hubris, as usual.

Thanks, as I told you, I was a bit worried about the ending. Glad to know you enjoyed the character wrap up. Poor Palpy- not the brightest light after all. :p

Luke's thoughts trailed off; this was all too much too soon. He had to find his center again, that calm place that Yoda had so often spoken of. He needed time, but in the midst of war would there ever be enough time?
    So true. And really he never did get much of achance to do that. Neither did his niece and nephews either. Good idea to show how he decided to focus on freeing Han, too. That made this story fit in seamlessly between the two movies. I like the way you tapped into Xizor's attitude to Vader - the way it was in Shadows of the Empire.

No, the war and subsequent conflicts have never given him, or his family time to breathe. As for focusing on Han's rescue, it just seemed to make sense. Focus on the moment as Qui-Gon would say. Xizor really is a piece of work, isn't he. I certainly don't envy him what with Vader surviving Perilious...

All in all a cool story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Aww shucks, and you're welcome. :) 8-}

RebelMom the End!

I take it you'll miss it now that its finished? :confused: :p

Wonderful ending. I like the wrap up for each of the major participants. Looking forward to the sequel.

Yay, the ending worked! Sequel is coming, but I've got a few other bunnies keeping my busy at the moment. The prequel to this story being one, and you already found another of them. ;)

10. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    It's OVER?!?!

I finally decide to delurk and it's OVER?!?!

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

But it was wonderful.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Will there be a sequel? Will there? Will there? Huh? Huh? Huh? Please?

[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

I'm in a smiley mood at the moment, if you hadn't noticed.

Suzi

11. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Glad that Tycho and Luke met up again without any further trouble.

Good thoughts by Luke on how murky the motivations of the people he?d been dealing with had been. Agree that using Hans rescue as a goal would help to focus his mind on the training although in some ways this decision to ?limit? himself to the practical uses of the force could be considered as the start of the trend Mara told him off for in the HoT trilogy (for having been using too much power in ?physical? deeds rather than allowing the force to infuse him with insight :p). :)

Glad that Vader decided to have Kohvrekhar treated though sending him back to Bast castle sounds he is going to be put back into stasis. Of course this is good as it opens some possibilities.

Vader?s thoughts about how wholehearted Kohvrekhar?s commitment is compared with his own were interesting.

Liked Mara?s continuing confusion.
    Liked Xizor?s anger.

Liked Palpatine?s insight that his apprentice is becoming a liability combined with his self-delusion that he can still control Vader and in thinking that he had successfully managed to eradicate all remnants of Anakin in Vader.

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Darth_Suzi: It's OVER?!?!

I finally decide to delurk and it's OVER?!?!

Yikes!! :eek: I take it you enjoyed yourself? :p ;)

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

But it was wonderful.

Thank you very much; I'm glad you think so. :)

Will there be a sequel? Will there? Will there? Huh? Huh? Huh? Please?

Yes, in time there will be a sequel. :D

I'm in a smiley mood at the moment, if you hadn't noticed.

Ya know, I did catch a hint of that. :p

_JM_: Glad that Tycho and Luke met up again without any further trouble.

I figured I'd put them through enough as it was.

Good thoughts by Luke on how murky the motivations of the people he?d been dealing with had been. Agree that using Hans rescue as a goal would help to focus his mind on the training although in some ways this decision to ?limit? himself to the practical uses of the force could be considered as the start of the trend Mara told him off for in the HoT trilogy (for having been using too much power in ?physical? deeds rather than allowing the force to infuse him with insight ).

Yes, I was thinking of exactly that L/M conversation when I wrote his scene. I'm glad it came through clearly, as I was hoping it would. :)

Glad that Vader decided to have Kohvrekhar treated though sending him back to Bast castle sounds he is going to be put back into stasis. Of course this is good as it opens some possibilities.

True and true. He actually pops up in some of my NJO stories... Stasis is a helpful thing sometimes.

Vader?s thoughts about how wholehearted Kohvrekhar?s commitment is compared with his own were interesting.

Cool, I was hoping that would make sense, and be interesting.

Liked Mara?s continuing confusion.
    Liked Xizor?s anger.

Score two more for me! :D

Liked Palpatine?s insight that his apprentice is becoming a liability combined with his self-delusion that he can still control Vader and in thinking that he had successfully managed to eradicate all remnants of Anakin in Vader.

Does word whoops jump to mind? :p Palpatine has great insight, yet his pride doesn't allow him to see just how much danger he is in. I'd say poor guy if I didn't hate him so much lol!

Thanks for reading, and leaving constant reviews. Actually that goes out to everyone here; you're all the best! *round of applause*

13. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey JD! Congratulations on your Best Non-Human character win for Kohvrekhar! I've always been impressed with how well you wrote him. Good job! :D

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Reihla: Hey JD! Congratulations on your Best Non-Human character win for Kohvrekhar! I've always been impressed with how well you wrote him. Good job!

Thank you very much. :) I have to say, I was quite stunned when I saw my name announced lol! Kohvrekhar has always been a blast to write, and it was nice to see that others felt I did his character justice.

15. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR MESSAGE: I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who nominated and voted for Kohvrekhar in the awards. It was amazing to see his name announced, and I'm still in shock. Beyond that, I don't really know what else I can say. You are all too kind, and again, thank you. [face_love] :)

JD AKA The stunned author. :p

16. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Up!

Author Note: If you like this story, might I suggest checking out the link in my signature to The Sith Insurrection? [face_shameless] It's set post-NJO but ties directly to events in this story. :D I am still hoping to do a sequel to this fic, but have been dry on plot-bunnies of late. As soon as one strikes, you'll be the first to know.

JD.

17. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.