main
side
curve

Beyond - Legends Perks of Being Married (L/M February Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 10, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Famous Last Words
    By Nyota’s Heart
    Genre: Snarky mush
    Timeframe: After parenthood—Au to Legends EU, so earlier and different younglings.
    Summary: Mara is pregnant again and feeling it!
    Note: For the Luke/Mara discussion thread February challenge. We had to write something using a zany quote.

My quote was:

5 – I love being married. It’s great to find someone to annoy for the rest of your life.

Luke hovered during Mara’s second trimester and it drove her nuts! “You got me into this mess!” She tossed at him at one point.

“As I recall, you were a willing participant.” He replied airily.

This factoid did little to ease her irritation. She rolled her eyes and stalked off.

Then when she wanted something like fizzleberries and fudge sauce over topato bread, he was nowhere to be found.

He did, however, take wonderful care of their daughter, Cerys, who was entering the move faster than a juiced up speeder stage.

“You do make a wonderful daddy.” She commented after he put Cerys to bed and settled next to Mara on the couch.

“I love being a daddy. So much I wanted to repeat the experience.” He winked. “I love being married to you, Mara.“

“So do I. It’s great to have someone to annoy for the rest of your life.” She snarked, but her green eyes were laughing.

He grabbed one of her feet and started to give it a massage. She sighed in pleasure. “You’re doing that without me bugging?”

“Of course. Your back will be next. Han told me Leia never could get enough of these when she was pregnant.”

Mara observed wryly: “It’s a wonder she ever did! She’s forever putting him on the couch!”

Luke laughed. “Yeah, but he has a way of getting back on her good side.”

“Hmmph!” Mara retorted. “Must run in the family.” She smirked and leaned in for a kiss.

~~!

When the twins, Devora and Devlin, were born, Mara could not remember that she had threatened or promised Luke that she would never, ever let him near her again! When two pairs of blue-green eyes looked at her with such love, and another pair of sky-blue, she melted, simply melted inside.

That particular fact would stay her own secret. And freezing Luke out was always … Mara’s famous last words, and a promise she was willing to retract.

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aaaww. What a fun snipit!

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    So cute! I love their little family! [:D]

4. madman007

madman007 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Great little snippet.

fizzleberries and fudge sauce over topato bread Great, now I'm hungry! :cool:

Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  5. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This was my favorite part as you did not use the famous vape line from the profic in which Ben was born.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aww, very cute! Love the idea of Luke and Mara with twins.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_love] [face_love] Luke and Mara with kids - bantering and loving, how could it get any better?