main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Phasma

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Phasma has been confirmed to be appearing in the new show, so let’s discuss what role you think her character will play.

2. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    Depends on Gwendolyn Christie's schedule. She is on Game Of Thrones.

I think she would likely be a recurring character. I just hope this series redeems her character as she was wasted in the last two movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Our Rebellious heroes escape, once again.
    Captain Phasma looks up from the wreckage around her as X Wings zip off into hyperspace and the end credits music plays.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    cwustudent and Vialco like this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I can't see Phasma having a big presence. She'll probably be the officer who the actual recurring villain reports to, like with Terex in the comics.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    While it is good that they have more use for her character. Phasma in Resistance is possibly another Grievous/Arihdna Pryce type of character, antagonist that gets repeatedly defeated. She was not that great threat in the movies so it's nice that we see her to do at least something. Kylo Ren is possibly coming at some point too, but I think that they don't use him until the first season finale at least. Snoke is probably not much involved but there on the background.

I think that in this first season (I think that there will be more if the show gets viewers) Phasma may play kinda similar role as Kallus did in the Rebels or then more probably as @Darth_Accipiter speculated she is that one step above the recurring villain like Grand Inquisitor was for Kallus. But since we don't yet know the recurring antagonist there is two options, either it's Phasma or then it's new character that reports to Phasma. I think that later works better but it is also possibility they use a lot of Phasma and make her the recurring villain... I dunno that would make her character look bad and wouldn't work so well with movies. It may also be that there are several antagonists in villain of the week style or several recurring underlings that work for Phasma or Phasma is one of them.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'm thinking she's the Darth Vader of the series except no force powers and she's legitimately that dangerous!
    She starts off being one of those the villains report to, we first see her at the scene of whatever event our heroes were involved in or escaped eventually drawing her attention.
    When they first encounter each other they keep their heads down, but if they do end up confronting each other either they escape or she wins, she isn't fated to lose to them and should be treated as the chrome armoured villainess she's supposed to be!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  7. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I hope she is not in it much, I want new characters who we can actually worry about. Phasma and Poe are my least favourite parts of the announcement.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think her appearance should be as epic as Vader's - in movie she is sort of lackluster villain (well her armor is shiny but you know) so if she now is suddenly epic it looks like an attempt to reintroduce her and that doesn't really work. She doesn't have enough presence. I expect that Kylo Ren is like Vader if he ever appears in this show- but not Phasma...

9. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Agreed about Vader in Rogue One, but treating her properly would make that unnecessary.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Not that I watch the show, but I thought GOT will be on its final season.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yess, it's on finale season. filming is done by winter i believe. so after that she is alot more active on the show.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that Phasma is treated properly if she is not very cool. [face_laugh] She was introduced in the movies as stormtrooper captain that honestly is not very badass. Maybe they show her as somewhat competitive fighter and leader but I think that making her suddenly super powerful and extremely clever bad guy is out of the question. They could have gave her time to shine in TLJ, but they didn't- she is just a chrome dome that is just a bit better, and more shiny, than common stormtrooper:phasma:. We'll see how they treat her but I'm actually positively surprised if there are any competitive villains. Don't want to be negative but competitive recurring villains are not probable, it is not part of their style really. It was not in TCW and even less so in Rebels. Sure Thrawn and even Grievous had some good moments here and there, but mainly they were not as competitive as most fans would have wanted them to be. In my opinion that is the greatest problem in animated Star Wars.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Phasma could have a similar type role as Thrawn did; where it's not so much that she's involved in head-to-head combat with the series protagonists but with a good head on her shoulders she can think outside the box and give orders that might give her troops the edge on the Resistance.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  14. Michael Dinich

Michael Dinich Jedi Padawan

Jan 16, 2018
    I hope we get to see Phasma in action, I think she was underdeveloped in the movies. Honestly, it may for the best the books and shows are in a better place than the movies I think. They could find someone else to voice her I'm sure for the show.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought Christie was already going to reprise her role in Resistance.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't see her as master tactician, but sure I hope she is not completely inept like Pryce pretty much was in Rebels.

17. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Pryce was more a politician looking to take advantage of others for her own benefit.
    She was already arrogant and overconfident because of her perceived superiority and didn't react well when she was caught without the help she relied upon so much!
    Phasma should be both competent and very dangerous however episode 8 did a number on a great many characters including hers so hopefully like the Clone Wars animated series we can finally see just how she achieved her position.
    I just hope Disney doesn't try to mess this up to avoid people noting how bad the writing in The Last Jedi truly was!

18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I will be immensely disappointed if every Phasma episode doesn't end with her falling into a pit and being presumed dead. :phasma:

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I loved seeing Phasma finally get in on the action in Last Jedi so hopefully we get more of that here.

20. CaptainCrunch2007

CaptainCrunch2007 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2007
    I would hope that Resistance will try to reform some of the characters from the ST. Make them more competent and dangerous.

I mean having a reveal of Phasma showing up for the first time and showing a real sense of menace as she cuts down a resistance cell.

Instead what's more likely is that she'll stride onto the battlefield, say something smart aleky and then accidentally shoot her foot off, and while she's hoping on one foot trying to put out her flaming foot while yelling "ow ow ow" she'll fall off a cliff and never be seen again.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.