main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phoenix Suns

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    [image=http://www.cswu.cz/characters/img/char/amidala/e1_throne_m.gif]
    "We shall see....."

:p

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Barbosa was re-signed on the cheap, relatively speaking, along with Boris Diaw.

Juli, who is there to guard Stoudemire on the Dallas roster? So far as I can tell, there just isn't anyone. Not that there are many people anywhere in the league who can guard him.

3. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Well usually, it would be Damp, not that he did a very good job Sunday. Though, I really think the Suns wanted, and maybe needed that one more than Dallas did. They had a bad game though, and the Suns deserved to win that one.

Still, if they do meet in playoffs, it'll be a great series. :)

4. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Simply put, Dampier is no match for Stoudemire. He can't begin to cope with Stoudemire's combination of power and grace, and now Stoudemire has made himself perhaps the best shooting big man in the league not named Dirk. In 2005, he abused Dampier in their six playoff games, and I can't see any reason why it will be any different if they meet again in this postseason.

Dampier didn't play Sunday, but I don't think it would have made much difference if he had (at least with regard to Stoudemire).

Definitely agree that it would be a great series if they meet :).

5. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    fixed*

;)

6. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Shameful! thank you for that correction.

7. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I really hope the Suns can play the Lakers in the first round. I think it would go the way I thought it would last year, which is to say that the Suns would wipe them out in four or five games. I worry about Denver a lot, who the Suns can avoid by getting the 2nd seed. I also hope the Warriors don't sneak in as the 7th seed. The Clippers and Lakers would be relative cannon fodder for the Suns, but the Nuggets and Warriors are highly dangerous.

8. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    That's pretty much the way I see it with the Mavs, as well. I'd much rather face one of the L.A. teams then the Nuggets, or the Warriors.

9. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    The Suns are officially the 2nd seed in the Western Conference. Dallas beat San Antonio today, clinching it for the Suns.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Upping at request for the new season.

Also, LeBron > Nash. :p

11. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Bah!

how many MVP's does your boy have?

Anyway, great blowout win tonight over Charlotte. 8 players scored in double digits including Marks and Banks... who normally do nothing. :p

and we did this all without Stat.

EDIT: That's right KnightWriter, I said "we"... get used to it. :p

12. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Suns got off to a slow start this season but looked great last night against the depleted Knicks.

They shot 56% from the field and 4 starters scored 20+

Amare had 12 rebounds and Nash had 12 assists. Great game overall... even though the Knicks suck. :p

13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Not just yet. Perhaps the best Suns game last year was their annihilation of the Cavaliers last season here in Phoenix, where the Suns went on an absurd run in the 2nd quarter and basically looked like they were playing six on four. Nash didn't get on the scoreboard, but dominated the game with his passing. That's the game that he could have probably had 30-35 assists if he'd wanted it.

14. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    yeah, that was a great game

Nash only played 30 minutes... It's too bad the suns were up by 32 after 3 quarters. If Cleveland kept it close, Nash would have had a shot at 30.

15. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Suns beat the Bulls tonight.

Nash went just 3-11 from the field, and so far this year, he just doesn't seem like the excellent shooter he's been for a long time. I'd say it actually goes back to his shoulder injury last season, which seemed to rob him of some of his accuracy. Before that, I really believed just about every shot that he took was going in.

16. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Grant Hill looked great tonight. His best game so far as a Sun.

17. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    edit time ran out. :(

Nash is shooting 55% from the field this season, and 51% from 3 point range. Both of those are career highs.

He's really only had bad shooting nights tonight and the last game against the Knicks. He hasn't shot under 46% in any other game this season.

18. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Nash could have shot about 3% and they'd have still beat the Bulls.

lmao @ Deng and Gordon wanting $70m contracts

that's all star money and these guys are no all stars

where is Kobe?

19. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    great game tonight. Suns had a 14 point lead in the first quarter, but the Pacers chipped away at it the whole game. The Suns had a 98-90 lead heading into the fourth quarter but the Pacers gad a 10-0 run to take a 100-98 lead. With a minute and fifteen seconds to go, Indiana was up 117-113. Nash draws a foul and makes both free throws. 117-115 Pacers. Amare gets a key block on Dunleavy and Hill gets the ball and immediately gives it up to Nash. Nash gets up the court and with 41 seconds left in the game hits a clutch 3 to give the Suns a 118-117 lead. The Suns then sealed the victory with a Steve Nash assist to Amare who got a lucky bounce on a 15 footer. A foul later and the Suns had a 121-117 victory.

Nash: 6/9, 18 points, 17 assists, 6 rebounds
    Amare: 15/24, 42 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists
    Hill: 7/9, 16 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds
    Marion: 5/15, 14 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists
    Bell: 6/15, 17 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds

It was a strange night for free throw shooting. The Suns went 28 for 31 which is over 90%... but Nash went 5 for 7 and was the worst free throw shooter for the Suns tonight. everyone else was perfect but Amare who was 12 of 13 from the line. But how often is Nash the worst free throw shooter on his team in a game? :p

Suns had 37 assists as a team against the Knicks, which is the most any team has had in a game all season... until tonight. The Suns had 38 assists against the Pacers.

Great game. nerveracking. But great.

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    unlocking and upping, on request. :)

21. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Amare was named western conference player of the week. No doubt helped by his 49 point, 11 rebound, 6 assist, 5 steal, 2 block game.

Beast.

22. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    No doubt helped by his 49 point, 11 rebound, 6 assist, 5 steal, 2 block game.

Really? That helped? [/sarcasm]

He is one heck of a player.

23. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    The only thing that bothers me about him is that he gives himself is own nicknames. That's a -10 Cool Factor, which drops him into double digits.

24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Whats up with Orlando Tucker?

25. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.