main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    And now we open the door to the Sins of the Saints discussion group. In here all those who follow the meta-plot of our beloved game can come and discuss, speculate and show off with the connections they´ve made.

I had my doubts if we should have one, but hell . . . I was besieged and I was finally conquered. So let´s give it a try.

Spoilers (so any info that is not generated directly from the game itself) are totally allowed in here. Things you know from real life. Things you read somewhere. Things you guess or think to know from other sources. You can post anything here. Also I want to stress it is not meant to be a social thread. It´s a speculation thread.

My part in this will obviously be more of an amused observer and from time to time I might post here what I actually cut from the game. Because I actually cut certain content and scenes from time to time.

So, have a good time puzzling, folks. I promise I will try to make this as entertaining and tough for you as I can! :p

Xan Edit: Locked on request. Congrats to Fins and crew again for the splendid run - and keep an eye out for Presence!

2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    So call me crazy, but I took all these spreaded posts, and collected them together. Waiting for the day Fin would grant us a group to collect these precious little insights into his sick, sick mind :p

All I could find about The Sins of the Saints. Material from more than a year of playing.

This is an extension of [i][b]Aria of the Soul[/b][/i], blending it with [b]SotS[/b], slowly. That´s my take on it, at least. Actually I believe it is the most revealing of all pieces as we get more of Milton Prest and a little on his background.

[i]Collaboration between Trimaj and DarklordoftheFins[/i]
    [i]The following takes place two days before Sins of the Saints opens?[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Milton Prest[/b]
    [i]Palace, Kathmandu, Nepal[/i][/color]

Nepal. What a place to spend your time. The youngest Kingdom of the world and under constant threat by the Chinese Government who had never fully accepted it?s independence. Nepal was a fascinating place. Vibrant, alive and totally isolated. With outsiders actually allowed to enter only this city. Only with the permission of the King. The King, yes.

Avinash Ekagrah. A man of power. A popular man. A man of extraordinary tastes, better not widely known. A hungry man. And a man of great interest, for his power wasn?t worldly alone. Such a man could make a difference. Especially in such trouble-some times. And such a man had much to lose, when the world spiraled out of control. It was men like him chaos targeted. It was their control that was lost in these days. And who could have denied the spiral had begun turning faster? Boston was under quarantine, in Germany a town had vanished altogether and yesterday someone had nuked Jerusalem. A tactical bomb exploded in the very center of the city. Cradle of not one but three religions and their various sub-sects. Bathed in radioactivity and fire. Gone.

All this was nothing compared to what happened and was not so well known, of course. Or what was about to come to Nepal.

The door opened and Milton Prest turned, straightening his hand-tailored suit and bowed as the King entered. Without aides or body-guards. Without even Lilith, his personal assistant these days. What a shame, Milton would have loved to meet her in person. Folding his well-manicured hands letting his blue eyes lower themselves, Milton showed nothing but utter respect.

"Your excellency, my name is Milton Prest. I am a lawyer of the Rhodes-Weber Industrial Group and I have been sent here at the personal request of Jonatan Weber." His face remained totally calm. His behavior the perfect expression of a lawyer at work. Not a sign of personal attachment.

But how impersonal could the end of the world be?

"I have been sent to offer assistance in the crisis that my client and you will soon face. And propose a strategy that might serve your purpose as well as ours." He let a serene smile of confidence crawl around his mouth.

He had become so good at imitating human emotion, he sometimes actually felt like one.

[color=green][b]
    Avinash Ekagrah[/b]
    [i]Palace, Kathmandu, Nepal[/i][/color]

A meeting had been planned somewhat spur of the moment, and he was very much less than pleased by this. What was this man thinking basically barging into his palace like this? Avinash was seldom seen to be upset, but had anyone been near him at that moment they would have seen a very angry expression creasing his face. A rare lapse of control, and one that would be fixed long before he reached the reception area. Alone. It wasn't like he really needed bodyguards, especially in his own home. Should this worm be too trying, he would likely not leave the premises alive.

Footsteps echoing loudly along the marble halls, the King could hear servants scurrying to get out of his path, and it was obvious that some of his rather... more obtuse tastes were coming into play yet again. The anger melted into a sardonic grin, leaving his deeply lined face even more unpleasant than before.

Finally arriving at the double doors, Ekagrah schooled his

3. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    #1 is hopelessly outdated, but here is issue two of my analysis of links between characters and plots. I always do them after reading my hardcover version over the weekends.

All things Sins of the Saints . . . your personal source of connections and speculations #2

1. Corben´s Inn is empty. :eek: While we play for our lives in there, the place is totally empty when Milton Prest arrives. Was that a flash forward, showing we won´t make it? Or have we vanished? Well, we might have a first look at these famous vanishings, then. Anyway, we got dogs, old woman and mysterious car crashes. That´s something. And sand. Lots of sand.

2. Mitth Ex-Wife is said to be behind the Change (capital C), because she worked on a Bohmann-syndrome (very funny Fin. Bohmann syndrome, VERY FUNNY! [face_not_talking]) and did something to kids "who are the problem" now. Strange enough Alicia, her own kids is among them, what kind of mother is this?!?! Anyway, ESTI is hot on her trial and it is Laura Blohm who got caught in the affair, while babysitting. Her murderer (well of her future self) is still meeting the journalist and her room-mate Hoshi plays hero in Edeka Eppendorf. The shop needed a good fight for ages, if you ask me. But now there seems to be a second case of the "killing-spree" like Munzburg Station. Meanwhile Markus is on his way to HH, with an exceptional creepy Jonah Stürmer. Oh god, that guy . . . who seems to be working on solving the problem with Mitth`s Maruks´ Ex. That woman happens to be the new love-interest of enigmatic healthy billionaire Carl/Karl Weber. Who was shot in Boston . . .

3. . . . by the command of generally-agreedupon villain of this piece Milton Prest. Dirty Milton. He failed and Weber is alive and well . . . considering the cricumstance . . . and in the same hospital as my Angela and Spys Fosset. I am trying to find out what happens to the poor guys with numbness in their legs. Spy is working through adoption procedures. His new kid is drawing creppy ****. Talbot also dropped by, our psycho demolition man. And hell, that leaves only one guy out there. Numb legs . . .

Like Godot. Who seems to have caught the infection and should see a Doctor not called Anderson, soon.

Oh yeah and funny enough a guy called Roland shot at Weber and a guy called Roland broke down in confession with Father McEneny. Who seems to have a growing number of psychos in his Vetgroup.

Abby wants to date her doctor. Riya got a date with handsome anmysterious George of Prometheus. The US Esti called Prometheus (or The Prom) is still largely unknown . . . wait and see, I´d say.

4. In Nepal meanwhile we get an active Beckfris figuring out a lot of stuff about Zinsky. Linguistics. Germany. Humboldt University. Cell structure. Wait Humboldt? Wasn´t there a very msterious scene in Humboldt in the eighties? Yes, there was. Sebastian Falk happened to be hired by an African catholic to tranlate a strange old language. 1985, I believe. Creepy scene that msade no sense at all, back then. And Zinsky went to Afrika, too. Conicidence? Nothing is coincidence with this game. What it means I don´t know, but we got a new player with shapeshifitng Man called XYZ out there and Lilith and Rufus are safe from harm, right now (wrong chapter, I know :p ) and Rufus has a hint to Zinsky´s whereabouts. Chinese invasion is sweetening things there. Hunt is on in Nepal, I´d say . . . but still got no clue where that plot leads in connection with the other plots.

5. The mouthless girl exists. From all our dreams. And it is with Kahn´s strange fella who likes guns and horror pics too much, if you ask for my professional opinion. Anyway, there are Germans hunting her. ESTI? Probably. Or Weber´s guys. We´ll find out. And his brother, who is not moving usually is under the suspision to have written the hint about that . . .

6. I finally figured out what she said . . . Ericit Sicut Dii is old latin and means You shall be as gods. Thanks to Fin´s Ex-girlfriend I got the missing part of

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    TSG AMAZING WORK [face_hypnotized]

So, I thinhk the question this is all about, the question we NEED to answer is . . . who or what are the things "not human?!?"

The ones Fin mentions in his OP. The Trimaj&Fin piece suggest strongly Milton Prest is one of them and yes, he has something devilish about him. But I don´t believe he is actually evil. Not EVIL by nature. Psychopathic, maybe. Evil by design, sure. But the great cosmic evil kinda way. Also he seems to be a very disturbed person. Anbd a little arrogant, maybe.

We also have Lilith, The Man Called . . . and John Morris, as well as Morris new target. All immortal, it seems. Of different ages, though. Lilith seems to be their eldest, but fears The Man. Well, who wouldn´t. Aliens? Unlikely. Demons? If so, not the ones we know from Buffy for sure. But something supernatural for sure. Fin would never be so crappy to have daylight Vampires. And actually except Lilith seducing abilities and The Mans fast moving none of them showed supernatural power. and these attributes could simply be attributed for having trained them over several lifetimes . . .

Well, the we got time travellers. And a mouthless girl.

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I agree: [face_hypnotized]

Could you translate that German excerpt, BTW? Google Translate doesn't seem to understand it.

Speaking of time travellers, I think the old woman who just hit my character with a stick is Future!Sharon. This does not bode well. [face_worried]

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Think so too! future!Sharon! What is happening? :_| They don´t seem to be voluntary time travellers . . .

Well, I´ll try to translate it. I actually forgot about it, even though this litle Project description set my imagination aflame, one year before the actual gamne came up. Indeed very impressive, how close Fin stayed to his very first concept here . . .

Translation: Actually there is not too much to say about the Gameworld, except what the Intro tells us. It´s our world today three years from now. No magic, no superheroes. Suddenly something terrible begins to happen. Sneaky at first, but actually everywhere. In the seemingly random events a unknown power becomes apparent that is working on escalating "The Change" (this part is more sublte, less clear in German) and for the characters . . . survival, making a stand, fighting . . . whatever they want. I´ll tell various stories. From various perspectives.

I find it interesting he sdays it is everywhere and he actually does not mention any NPCs, but say "a power" is behind the Change. Is it God after all? BSG style! :p

My plan is to have players who indeed have no clue what´s wrong with their world. They must decide if they try to survive (The Happening, The Mist, . . . of the Dead-sytle) or try to fight against it. With the weapons of science (like X-Files) or the Occult (Constantine, God´s Army).

You could play a simple love-story or a piece about a failing relationship against the backdrop of the coming Apocalypse. Ordinary characters will be prefered a lot to comic-characters.

7. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Good translation, sis.

Actually my take on the question who are the non-humans.

The mouthless. Think about the irony. ~Those who knew, kept silent. They were not human anyway.~ Yeah, kept silent. What else shall they do? They cannot talk!

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Type, scribble, something. The mouthless one though, seems more like a possible traveler from the future, the end so to speak of the Change with a final mutation possibly from an attempted cure sealing her mouth shut. Or one like our mystery eternal soup, but cursed to never speak again...straws anyone? I feel like I got plenty.

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    God ... or gods? They aren't human anyway, as the OP says. :D

Oh, and it's definitely future!Sharon.

Well crap.

[face_worried]

10. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    They. I bet my money on the ancients. Lilith, Morris and Co. Lilith seems to know something and TMCX (The Man called X) is so confident about the Change, even though totally uncomfortable aobut anything else . . . they might be some parallel species to ours, then . . .

God. Gods? That might be true. Although I see no divine power anywhere, yet.

Mouthless are too much for a victim, so far. They might indeed be from hte future, although I see no sign for that, either. And not!Sharon has much aged from not!Laura. And the way we see that scene, I actually doubt not!Sharon is the time-traveller. It could be that Sharon is! Milton Prest did say all in the diner are gone Is Ely still there in his time? ;)

11. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I totally forgot how awesome the teasers were.

Well, I obviously am spoiled. Even though I have no answer to the questions. Fin tells me a lot, but not everything. Not by far. Too much to specualte, though. Also I can rule out a BSG ending, already.

12. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Hmm, that's possible! I didn't think of it. First we crash into thin air, and then ... poof! Disappeared.

Maybe that's what happened to the people who disappeared to The Change. They just got sent somewhere - or somewhen else. :eek:

13. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    First off, my character is going through some very crazy stuff with the kid. What was up with that picture? Creepy? And I leave for three days and we have new characters and a new chapter! I am very excited about Corben?s Inn, as that place is full of nonstop action. I am following their story very closely?

14. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Irony is, Fin had to ask people to join Corben´s Inn. Everybody wanted to play somewhere else . . . :D

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That is odd. If my char had been shot down I probably would of ended up playing there since I can remember stopping at some similar rest spots a few years back.

I gotta ask, can someone explain the significance of Bohmann syndrome to me? I tried googling it but I just kicked back either to the RP or to a Turkish medical paper which calls it the Walter-Bohmann syndrome and that isn't a fully published article.

Also, I really really like the time forward point of view on the Corben Inn. I also wonder if Finn took this disaster from the history books, as a similar disaster hit a village aways away from where I live in that the entire population simply vanished. Food left uneaten, a kettle that had been left on a burning fire, everything as if the people simply disappeared leaving everything in mid task without a trace.

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    The Bohmann-Syndrome. [face_laugh] Bohmann-Syndrome is an insider joke. It is describing a plot which seems to be created with several loops, getting the players of an RP to believe it actually is not very well thought through, only to have twist in the end of the second act so it makes all perfect sense. But the twisat vwas hidden under the player assumption of a flawed plot. Bohmann is the second name of one of us Germans. :p

So, I think it is meant to be a fictional disease. That might be diagnosed first time after 2010, beofre the year of the game 2012. Dunno. Anyway, my background describes it as a genetic disease, influencing the neurology. So it seems to be close to the Angelman-syndrome. But thesyndromes itself areunknown according to my background posts. Well, at least we know that it can be cured by causing the Change! :p

17. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    The unpublished article might very well be about what I used. It is the Weber-Cockayne syndrome, a rather bad genetic disorder. AND it is an inside joke which was tooo good not to use :p

18. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    That would be the point of him :p

Due to the nature of SotS and its plot I created Alex as a slightly twisted and overly eccentric version of myself, which is Also why I'm trying the first person POV post style. I am curious about the Germans suddenly appearing in the midst of the factory though. In that vein, I'll be trying for a post in today.

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I confess I was one of them. :p

My first CS draft was as an investigator in Boston, but the final character turned out to be quite different. Still, I like to think of the first draft character as what Sharon would have been had she made some different choices earlier in life.

20. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, me too! :p I don´t regret I allowed him to convince me, though. Love Jackson. Love Corben´s Inn. So creepy . . .

Speaking of which. Laura Blohm, called Falk? Benjamins? And roits in Hamburg? Need to work on my next issue of fact-finding. :p Guess I´ll wait another wave of updates.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Lilith hasn't a deceptive bone in her body, gentlebeings, you should realise that. I, on the other hand... cannot confirm anything. ;)

22. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I don´t think the Benjamin´s are causing the Change. I don´t buy it. What could zinsky have to do with it? And where is the Benjamin responsible for Corben´s Inn? No, that sounds to me like a witchuhunt. Maybe there is a connection, but my money is still on the mouthless.

And milton Prest identified himself, Anton/Robert and a third individual as "not human". Fin prmised a reveal for the 300th post and there it was!

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    The Benjamin theory does sound to neat of a package for my tastes as well. But another theory I have is that they are more like, artificial attractents for the change, or being used as a convenient cover for those actually causing the change.

The mouthless though, so far we have only seen one if I haven't missed something important. Although this has been making think about some Brother's Grimm fairytales that I've read...something which I think I'll have to look up.

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, one was in a dream and one is real. Are they the same? I think so. TSG always disagrees. Hopefully we´ll get more on the mouthless girl soon.

And the "Benjamins"? No, they are not the key. Maybe a piece of the puzzle. But there is one obvious hint they´re not. Someone knew about the cause of the Change and not about the Benjamins. Not that we know of. Jacob Zinsky. The guy they all hunt in the Nepal story. If he got nothing to say about the Benjamins he found something else. And that means the Benjamins as the sole cause of all the Change doesn´t work.

And HOW are the kids actually meant to do that?

Although I wonder, seriously, seriously wonder . . . if Liam is one of them. The boy in Boston. Maybe we see the "neural degeneration" of Bohmann in Alex brother?

AND WHAT THE HELL . . . is Corben´s Inn about? Except scaring the hell out of me! Future selfs trying to kill their own past self? Dogs that survive being shot and mircale healing of amoks? And I am still not sure what to make of Jackson Clay . . .

So, I guess it´s to early to see all the dots connected. But I think we get closer to seeing all dots now. Like that. And not!Laura or future"Laura as some call her . . . is back! And starting a roit!

Love it. It´s so Hamburg! :p

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Sorry if this has been said already or if there literally are two characters named Benjamin, but I'm surprised no one has bothered with the saying "all about the Benjamins."

In the States, Benjamin Franklin appears on the hundred-dollar bill. "Rolling in the Benjamins" is just slang for being rich, and the phrase "all about the Benjamins" is common when referring to, you guessed it, something or someone that is all about the money.

So...I'd watch out for people who want a lot of money.

My two cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.