main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
  2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Yes, well we look into it now and if you really want it, it is gonna happen. I do not promise anything concerning it´s length or anything, but it certainly is gonna happen.

But it´s a tricky little beast. We have to come up with melting all those stories into a game they were never meant ot be and we must take a lot of care obviously to never play out anything you guys did not know in SotS. Actually some characters will certainly never meet, as they met later in the game or the first time. Our "teams" as we know them will not come back together mostly. Then again who knows who met who before the game began. There might really be a web to explore slowly. If it flies and if we go on with it, I´d wish to reveal some more background on various plots.

Oh and obviously I will be accepting new players. New characters, too.

One thing for sure. It´s gonna be completely different game from SotS, with many elements the original game had abscent and the "Apocalypse/Change" plot just looming on the horizon.

What will it be about?

Oh believe me, you´ll have to find out yourself.

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    This is amazng news, also it makes a lo of my interview obsolete, I assume.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Post with a date stamp and disclaimers about the victory of the 'Programs' over the 'Users' pre-defined future operating perameters ;)

5. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I will stay true to Rufus, but I am not opposed to the idea of playing another character - a new one. In one of those storylines which I always envied, for example :p

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    A bit late for the party, but EIGHThed? Or whatever you write that . . . anyway, I might try my hand at a brand new character. I really think it was not too much going on between his days as a death row inmate and his "reawakened urges" in Corben´s - for Clay. So I might join one of those storylines I was only reading as a fan and meet some of my idols :p

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So LordT sat down and had a heart-to-heart about that project. Pretty much similiar ideas, with one of us adding a piece here and there. It will be one hell of a continuity battle of us against possible plot discrepancies . . . alone who of you can meet who and who has never met is . . . a nightmare. But we´re sure we can tackle that. It will probably indeed be much more of a soapy character piece, with only slight plot and the first tremors of the CHANGE in the background. Actually I think I´ll dare to go all the way and make it a pure character piece for some players. Getting into the depth of their motivation and world view and probably even into some of the bigger questions that where the fundation of the original game. The game was build around questions I had, not opinions, so I will try to reflect that.

Because my shedule does not allow me to GM fully if my life depended on it, LordT will probably take the lead here, working on a story created by both of us. Anyway, I´ll jump in from time to time. And I´ll be with the game all the way, playing NPCs and plotting and advising LordT. So basically it is the same as always, jsut LordT doing more of the writing this time around :p

When will it start? How long will it be? What direction does this go in the future? Three questions asked a few times to me over chat.

It will start end of November earliest, January next year latest.

It will last as long as it lasts, but we do not think it will grow large. It´s just a little hello to old friends. a couple of hundreds posts maybe.

Future? You know the future, you already played it :p

So prepare yourself for Sinners and Saints. I am rather certain meeting our old freinds will be more fun than letting them go a few month back.

Thank for the continued support, even when I thought I won´t need it anymore.

-Fin-

spycoder9 likes this.
  8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    The Sins of the Saints special interview with our GM has begun and also we only slightly touch "The GAME" in part one, it might give those interested one or two revelations about the creators of the game. :) If you like to, enjoy.

9. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Actually Fin and I worked on Sinners&Saints a bit and we would like to discuss a few ideas with you guys next week. Just be assured for now that the game makes progress.

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So, we basically got two ways to work this out.

1. We do ONE setting and story and some players need to make new characters.

2. We do multiple stories like the original SotS, yet the characters who never met beofre won´t do here. Meaning the groups will be mixed anew.

There is a third option.

3. We do multiple stories, but not the same time, but chapter for chapter. Meaing people can have characters in other stories.

Right now I tend to Number 2 simply because it will be most like a SotS game. A short game, in the vain of "life in the day of . . . " games. We had some amazing ideas and it really would not be anything but a pure character piece. More drama than anything. But with osme revelastions for players. Anyway, expect it to open early in 2013, if there is enough interest by then.

-Fin-

11. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I say stay as true to the original format as you can. It was wonderfully to see those stories all unfold simoultaneously.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree. I say roll with Option 2.

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    We have reached a triumverate of consolidated opinion.

14. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Option #2, please. :D Funny, I'm casting a vote on election day.

15. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Looks like we all want more of the same, Fin :p Actually, chattin with the Germans about the topic right now. Maybe we should post a summary to keep people in the loop, especially considering the possible dates?

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, you convinced us. More of the same. Coming early 2013.

17. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I miss the game. :( Not the posting, I fell back on that one in the end, I know. What I miss is the reading . . . I ,iss Rufus, Laura and Markus and Karl, Milton and Tony, Sumiko and Sarah, Andy! I miss Caleb and I miss Garret and his gang of cops and the soldiers trying to save the mouthless girl . . . I miss The Sins of the Saints. [face_peace]]-}

Mitth_Fisto and spycoder9 like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I hope they fix the truncated post issue soon, i would like to be able to go back and read it, this time all of it, and see what I have missed.

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I got the game saved, so I can send it to you if you want me to.

20. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I'd like to get that, if you don't mind. :) I'd like to have another good read of it all. :D

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That would be awesome :D

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Gimma a week or so, maybe I will upload it somewhere, so everybody can have it.

23. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    You know what we should do Fin? We should do this PDF we had been planning for over a year. Get the "authorised" version of the game, with all dead ends posts gone and maybe even add a bit of content? What do you say? SotS the E-Book.

Talking about it . . . when does this interview gets to the juicy part? I keep on coming back to see part II and it never comes up. Is there any trouble with it?

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I´d like that.I had TSG´s old PDF and it was amazing, but only part one and unedited.

The interview is worked on! I will have it up in a few days. It ish ard to edit, actually and I need to translate some parts, too! And you know how Fin´s German is. Poshy. :p

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    So, the next Fin vox Popoli issue is up and this time there is a lot SotS in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.