main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I think I might, I remember having to do a study on that one in school. Very cool LordT!

2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I only saw this now and what a shame we will never see anymore of this faboulous original world of yours, Fin!

I enjoyed it so much!

If you ever return, let me know!

Until then ... Thank you for this amazing game of yours!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    So I just saw that the "move" back then has crippled the games completely. All longer posts are shredded and cut . . . so is it possible, that only two copies of this fabled game still exist?

That is the stuff of legends, guys. It certainly is so fitting for a mystery game to vanish from the internet partially . . . when everybody cries about how things never really vanish from the internet!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
  5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    That is kinda frightening. We also had a serial killer and roits in Hamburg. Maybe I avoid Kiel for the next few days.

6. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Aren't we having a ten year anniversary this year?

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...ten years already?

I know it's probably a long shot, but I wouldn't mind seeing this make some kind of a comeback for such an occasion... :D [face_mischief]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    We could always have a staged re-meeting of some of the main characters (players still here). Post change or AU, could be fun ;)

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh God, really? Ten years already? Need to check ... yeah Fin, if that is true we need rondo something about it ... even if only for the few original players remaining. Maybe a smaller thing. A sideplot or something.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Nice try! No it was actually December 2009 the game started. So we still got two years.

But let me address the issue of a sequel to SotS once and for all. Seriously I wouldn't mind doing a tribute to my players and all their amazing characters from back then for a ten year anniversary, but ... Mitth, HS29, LordT ... maybe Sinre ... otherwise nobody is around of our core cast anymore. The game is slowly forgotten. Which is fine as it was a game. Nothing that was meant to last beyond the joy it gave us while playing. If anything I would suggest a spiritual successor. A contemporary game of suspense and mystery with strong character focus and a mix of SciFi and philosophy in the core of it's plot. Oh wait, we have that! Called The Crossing! We are even all in that one and it is run by my beloved Co-GM LordT.

So, I believe we do not need a sequel to a game we ran 8 years ago. We already have a spiritual successor we all enjoy nowadays and which I believe is at least the equal if not superior to SotS in every aspect. Let us not dwell in nostalgia. Let us invent new worlds to enjoy and explore new plots. My take on it.

SotS was what it was and for me it was perfect in those days. I will never forget how people took my unusual setting and made it into an awesome world crowded with interesting characters. Let us remember it for what it was. Fun. Great fun.

Best
    - Fin -

P.S.: And for the tenth anniversary I might finish this PDF, actually. Haha.

11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Well said and yes, The Crossing is indeed a worthy spiritual successor, also I believe in scope, broadness, player involvement and suspense SotS will always be a giant that stands out in the history of these boards. There was nothing quite like it. There will probably never be again. The pure power of an original setting that was not based or even copying any existing franchise was something unique. And also we all were inspired and great characters from everybody emerged, I just wanna say this one last time ... so were you Fin and LordT. Every character you gave us ... all those NPCs ... were so complex and amazing.

That being said, I now turn my attention to The Crossing and hope to see this PDF in two years!

Thanks for this game.

Claire

LordTroepfchen and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  12. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
  13. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I know, overused with regards to everything Fin does, but ... Fin tonight ...

:D

Too early to ask for details?

14. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Spoiler alert,

The game goes up exactly ten years after the SotS OP and the two GMs use the working title: RemembR

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    No it is called Original Sins and indeed it is out tenth anniversary celebration game. Will be short, hopefully sweet and we got at least two returning players we look forward to play with again.

RachelTyrell likes this.
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Fantastic! Looking forward to it :D

RachelTyrell likes this.
  17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Oh I look forward to meet Mr. Finkman again. We also got a certain cop from Washington and a Private Eye around again.

Gotta ask @Sinrebirth if he gives us a post or two as Lilith.

Most players left long ago, but anybody still around will be more then welcome to join us.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The noise disturbs the piled up blankets in the corner, and from them comes an unmistakable yawn. She stretches free her arms, and then sits up, drawing the musty blanket to her chest as she does. Eyes lidded, and voice deep and alluring, Lilith speaks.

“I thought you’d never ask, my dear.”

A girlish laugh, as if the wind was twinkling through chimes, and the blanket was thrown off, revealing that she was fully dressed beneath. A tease; as ever. Her voice drop to its normal level, and those eyes of hers twinkle.

“I’m in, of course.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
  20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup, I'm definitely in for another round as Detective Garrett!

And great to see you on board as well, @Sinrebirth! [face_devil]

RachelTyrell and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Can new players join? I would hate to miss this one.

LordTroepfchen and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Of course, we will be happy to have you and everyone else who wants to join. It is a celebration and the more guests the better the party.

The Original Sins (slight name change) will be quite experimental and fresh in it's approach and is basically "a day in the life of"-slice of life game, except you guys make it something else.

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Willing to share anything about the "experimental nature?"

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Time flies ... game is less than a month away.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]

I need to unpack the Divine Comedy again! The time has come!

(That was how I wrote my fellow before, prior to every post I read the GM and then section of book, re-read both several times before posting. Odd fact I'm not sure if I shared before.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.