main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Pretty sure you didn't. [face_laugh] LordT cited The Divine Comedy as his main influence too! So you both read it probably before any scenes between you and Karl.

I am already rereading Paradise Lost again. Always a good read.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Yay! Can't wait. Feel like we come fully full circle here.

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    My sheet is with Fins!

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    And. . .My sheet is with Fins!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Lilith is here and ready to break skulls.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    We will see what we can do about that ... ;)

Because ... he's back!

Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Welcome back! :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    YES! YES! Brilliant! :D

Ahem, welcome back Sir Draco, good to see you again. ;)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    First post in a long time. Felt good! Thanks LordT for helping out a little.

Oh and it is a pleasure to see the old faces again. Milton, Thomas, Garret, Carl, Markus and Laura. And Lilith of course.

Incredible it had been TEN YEARS!!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh it is so strange and yet so good to be back in her skin.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Too late to join?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Never. Send a CS.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Pretty bad flu, will take it's time until I can post again

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So after my break we resume business and I am gonna have my final and last 18 updates in the world of this game, before finally putting it to rest. Looking forward to see this thing unfold. 17 Updates to go. Trying at least one a week, but do not despair if you gonna miss one. We really got no pressure here.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I think part of me is going to break anew.

@Sir_Draco, it has been too long.

17. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    It has, it has. I was looking forward to see her again.

18. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Double post, sorry for that.

Well, I have been discussing some new developments in my career planning for the RPF with DarkLordoftheFins tonight. I am gonna leave the RPF behind, not having a break or anything . . . but leave it for good. I won‘t run away from all my games now, but have set my GMs a date until which we can comfortably write me out of the current plotlines and if I need to cameo afterwards, I will even do that. Anyway, I will after the final post not be around anymore. Once my last character is done with everything I won‘t log in, check my PMs or lurk these forums anymore. I will be gone.

The problem with that is, that Original Sins will not conclude by that point in time. I am aware I am not playing an totally unimportant character there and I also have discussed with Fins how we could make this situation work. We have come to the conclusion that nothing will work. So I left the game today.

By no means this shall say I thought a single bad thought about the game, the GM, the Co-GM or the story. I think it is amazing you brought this back to celebrate the tenth birthday and even if it is what Fin called „half-a-game“, it is half-a-giant to me.

As all of these nostalgia driven events it is of course nothing compared to the original.

I consider The Sins of the Saints a dream come true and for all the haters out there, I say it clearly:

The Sins of the Saints was ... no it is ... the best game ever played on these boards for me. The benchmark by which all that came afterwards is measured. The world you created here is worthy of a much greater audience than a small roleplaying forum. Rufus Jameson is my favorite character I have ever played. His story was the best storyline I have ever seen. I could go on like this forever. What I think I try to say was I loved this game. It was the best time I ever had on this forums or anywhere.

My thanks to @Sinrebirth, @TheDarkUnderlord, @Trimaj, @WingedJedi, @LordTroepfchen and more than anyone @DarkLordoftheFins for playing this with me.

The internet is a small place, so maybe our paths will cross again. I certainly hope so.

Draco

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]:confused:[face_nail_biting]:eek:
    :_|:_|:_|
    [face_dunno][:D]^:)^

I think that about sums it up. I am terribly saddened to see you go and that you are unable to complete the game with us. I have missed reading your brilliant posts whenever you have left these boards, and I hope and pray that I do bump into you again somewhere some-when. My best wishes and prayers for you in all your endeavors!

I have no better praise then this, I shall occasionally miss you and think of you and wish you well, though days and years may intervene and the pauses between may grow larger, you shall never be forgotten nor lost to me.

LordTroepfchen and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Saying I miss you would be a bit strange, considering we might have a beer pretty soon, but I am gonna miss Draco, if you understand what I mean. I am gonna miss Rufus Jameson.

Anyway, let us celebrate a little the guy who came here as a teenager and took home awards and made great games and such mundane things. You can certainly leave the boards with your head held up high.

I understand and respect your decision of course. Who we are is where we stand, right?

The Sins of the Saints would not have been what it was without you, my friend. And I agree it was a once in a lifetime ride.

LordT

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Oh Draco,

what can I say. The boards loose a reliable producer of outstanding quality. I am happy you give everybody a chance to give you a proper send-off. But we two share such a long history, I would probably need to write a novel to do it justice.

Do you remember Melmoth, the son of Quin Vos in 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey? Jacen Cole? Or how you once were my adoptee and we talked about GMing? Bad Day in L.A.? Mass Effect: Ashen? This fantastic The Forever War? You did such cool and interesting games.

Rufus Jameson in The Sins of the Saints was your crowning achievement. A character other GMs asked you to export into their games! A spot on classical private eye with a global thinking mind that gave him this unique globe-trotter feel and set him apart from the many colleagues. He was amazing in every post.

Even now after your return you gave us wonderful characters like young Justin Pfeiffer and Admiral Seron Madine.

Thanks for that and see you around. Not around here, but you know what I mean. Around.

-Fin-

Sinrebirth and Sir_Draco like this.
  22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Hello everybody, seeing all the praise above I am gonna lock this thread before anyone can say anything critical.

Seriously, I take an indefinite leave from these forums and will lock this thread and Original Sins for that time.

To minimize the PMs, please no drama here! I left the forums before. Nothing special with me finding them from time to time not so entertaining and for entertainment I am here.

Best
    -Fin-

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.