main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Perhaps we should call them "Zonks" Zombie mONKS? :p I actually missed that update I'll have to go back and read.

2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Thesedays in Germany all monks are scary so I just call them monks and consider it a political commentary on catholicism? :p

Anyway, my bet is someone will soon be dragged out of hiding from Luara being shot. And if so, we might face a true, real, absolute GAME-CHANGER! That´s what I expect. Heard it here first.

And I know Fin and Sirak are working on a combined :D

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Jackson Clay is scary. I'm just sayin'. :p

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I don?t think its just Clay.

*points finger toward Xan*

Seems like somebody with not much of a stable background needs to do some ?splannin too. Why would Clay and Sharon be fighting each other? I think someone knows this.

*Points over and over again at Xan*

5. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I do indeed, and (I imagine) so does TSG - but I'm not telling. Yet. ;)

6. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    The suspense is killing me! I can?t wait for Andy and Sumiko to get on over there. And yet, maybe I don?t want them over there. Either way, I have always enjoyed Corbin?s Inn. Seemed different than the other chapters. Guess it did turn out different.

I don?t care what the secret is . . .

The suspense is killing me! :p

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    It definitely turned out more interesting than the description - "simple diner in the middle of the desert", indeed. :p

8. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh I do know indeed. What Fin told me. If it´s true you can never say. It is the ONLY truth for Jackson, though. Love our little western showdown. And I am confident I know where that character might bite the dust. BUT WHO?!?! No way we all get out of there, do we?

Good news, LordT said he´d be back tonight, tomorrow latest.

And Fin promised to update. So soon we´d know who shot who. First time I was "shooting first" because I was actually nervous :p He´s sitting right behind me and isn´t telling anything, but grins knowing. Aaaaargh!

May the better one win, Xany! May the better one win . . .

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I bet evil Fins will have both shots connect. DOUBLE KILL! :p

It's a great scene. Whoever comes out of it, it's a great scene, and one many months in the making. :D

10. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I find it fun entertaining the Andy-Vinnie relationship that has developed. If anyone different than Andy had been put in that situation, they would most likely not be in a desert beside him kissing him. But Andy is in it. And I think no one else would have fit this role that Andy has filled. Its just that something is bugging me. Karl, or the Passenger, wants our group over there toward the Inn. And if we walk in on this little scuffle, I doubt we will all remain unscathed. :(

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Though to be fair Spy its not like they are walking into it unscathed to begin with lol :p (bullet wounds, dislocated shoulders, cuts and bruises etc)

I find Andy/Vinnie partnership interesting. Like a damsel in distress falling for her rescuer its kinda sweet

Hopefully after this ordeal Sumiko will grow a little bit more. Bearing in mind she is just an awkward frightened teenager who hasn't gone though anything so dangerous or scary in her life before.

I find Clay creepy and I hope he doesnt turn on Vashti [face_worried]

Uh-oh looks like Sharron has some explaining to do

Karl...hmm...yeah he saved everyone but I keep feeling theres something not quite right about him :confused:

12. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Well, I guess Andrea isn?t in her best position. What?s funny is that injury was my choice! I made that post with Andrea getting shot and the one afterward and asked Fins for approval. He approved, and Andrea ended up in the hands of Sumiko and Vincent. Now the other injuries came from the crash, which was very violent.

I think Sumiko has already grown up some, it seems, from the start. She has already spoken to a strange man, fixed a gun shot wound, and survived a plane crash.

Now about Sharon, I finally went back last night and read over some of her previous posts from the start. I loved it! Great characterization, and I looked for any hints within both yours and Girly?s.

Now I also enjoy Vashti. She is the sweet, religious American girl, and I enjoy watching her go through her troubles. And then there was Henley, the country singer, who is very interesting. What I find funny is that the same song that was playing in a deserted car in Ely was playing in the plane.

Karl is just strange. I think Andrea will either distrust him or love him. It just depends on the amount of information he provides to her answers. Anyway, I am excited for an update!

13. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    well, it´s already written. Waiting only for TGI to post the thing I just approved and then it´s up tonight . . . I can say . . .

There will be Blood!

Might be the name of a future chapter :p And I wouldn´t worry about "stumbling into the firefight" too much. You guys did not crash around the corner.

14. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Oh, I thought the whole week what to do about it. at least i have a perfect, PERFECT soundtrack for it . . . ;) I had the feeling Clay would be trouble. And sharon. Hell. It´s a Fin game. Everything is potentially lethal! :p

At least I figured out who the Passenger is. :D

15. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    You did? Who? I might not have, er, followed that chapter all that closely. [face_blush]

Spycoder - did you find many hints? :D I tried to drop a few of the can-be-taken-several-ways variety, in the interests of not blowing Sharon's 'cover' too early, but I think TSG figured me out fairly quick. All her speculation posts here have been conspicuously leaving out any mention of our little chapter.

Speaking of figuring people out, I must apologise to Sirak: fairly early on we were speculating over IM about the characters in Corben's Inn, and I ... well ... might not have been entirely honest with what I knew. I'm sorry! :p I felt really bad about it, but I couldn't spoil the surprise.

Anyhow, the fight is on. :D :D

16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    If it eases your mind, I actually did know more than I told back then, too. TSG was down to one or two suspects and I knew you were high on her list. :p Anyway, I can´t begin to guess who will die there. I don´t see they all become friends again. But I also do not see any of their stories end. they all appear to be in the middle of Act II or something . . . oh dear!

Then again I figured out who Karl is, too. Pretty easy if you look for the cast. :p I just do not understand WHY or HOW he is there? Is this all happening after the Boston? Hm . . .

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    LOL, don't tell me we were both pretending to suspect Vashti to cover up our Secret Knowledge. [face_laugh]

Nah, I know you figured me at least within a couple of weeks - I remember you made a pretty good observation later on, that Sharon was the only person new in town. But I still felt bad... I'm an absolutely hopeless liar, let me tell you. The most I can do is feign ignorance. :p

Carl and Boston is another interesting storyline. I haven't followed it as much as I should, but the bits I catch are always creepycool. :D

18. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I think this is what we both did :p

And yes, I figured out something pretyy early. But some parts I don´t get yet. What is it that Milton digged up in the desert. And he seems to be dead now. But he knew he would be dying? Strange. Strange. Knowing our Main Baddie dies in Corben´s Inn in few decades . . .

19. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Darth Xan- I really enjoyed the secrets. One recent post was when you said it was funny that Henley was a country singer who read science magazines, and then you said that neither of you were really what you said you were. How did you both know how to use guns so well?

Other than that, the battle of Corbin?s Inn has begun. The final showdown. I am actually routing for Sharon (:p sorry TSG) because she seems more like the likeable one. Clay is just frightening. On the other hand, that would be saying I want Vashti to die, which I don?t. I enjoy her a lot. Henley is the same as Vashti, and I doubt either of them will die. At least I hope not. So come on Xany, you can win this! [face_dancing]

20. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    *grins* Well... her bio says Sharon was a CIA agent once. Perhaps she just kept the gun?

21. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, showdown in Corben´s Inn. but don´t think I allow you guys to rush me into a firefight with three enemies with only as many bullets left ;)

Anyway I think it is pretty hard to predict, what sacrifices we will have to make there and who will die. Fin is rather well known for his murdering moods in RPs :p Anyway. I think The passenger might turn out to be a wild card there. As could Milton Prest be. Dead or not. I don´t believe a second his game has come to an end . . .

So, looks like we´re fascing various showdowns. Thomas and Beckfris men in Hamburg, with chained Hoshi as a restrained bystander - Beckfris and Rufus in Nepal - Corben´s Inn - and actually I begin to see the dots just don´t know how to connect them yet.

Heartland Spoiler. i think we´ll cover Sots soon to be born companion here, too. Right? Here i have ablurb of Lordt that I translated myself. showed up in a chatgroup a couple of days ago.

The first place to change was heartland.

In the heart of Africa a group of scientists face the worst truth humanity had to face yet. The great lie that had been the foundation of human society for millenia. But not only human nature is questioned there, but their very survival as many factions clash to secure the power that lies within´ that unspeakable secret.

So, LordT is still without net, but I already PMed him to secure my spot in it. [face_laugh]

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I?m excited about Heartland also. If I don?t get in, I will still enjoy reading the adventure anyway. But I would LOVE being in it.

And Xany, she was a CIA agent. They just let her carry her gun around, let her keep it? Hmmm?

23. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    [face_laugh] You have me there. They didn't; there's some other explanation, but that would be telling. (And no, it's not "lols lax gun laws".)

24. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    So just finished another huge combined and have it at LordT for approval. Well, well. Nepal begins to feel more and more like a finale now.

And Corben´s. Oh my. I don´t want anybody to die there, but I see it might be the only way out of the situation. The passenger is creepy. especially if one realizes who that is. How did he do that?

And waiting for Germany to go down. Laura dying. Thomas in control. Hoshi seeming ignorant that he is in a flat and chained with no less than three psychopaths. The two guys from Beckfris (guess it´s his team to catch Laura) not the worst, probably.

Oh, another Heartland Spoiler?

Jacob Zinsky is a playable character there. Actually lordt reached out to potential castings of him. So probably the intro of Sins of the Saints will be the end of Heartland. Who knows. ;)

25. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Heartland Spoiler from I:

No one is planned on surviving.

Dun dun?DUN! :eek:

I think Corbin people might be getting two visitors soon. If there are any left, which most likely there will be. I think my last post summed up the troubles going on between us plane survivors. And really, I think for Andrea, letting Sumiko go is like letting a family member go. They have become friends, and I think the slow revelations between the two is fun. I loved the moment while Andrea was shot and asked Sumiko?s name, and she replied. Also, I like saying Sumiko-san. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.