main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pirates of The Caribbean at CIV

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JedHead1, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    That looks so cool. I can't wait for the tickets to go on sale.

2. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Hi everyone. I am coming to C4 and I am planning on seeing Pirates while I'm there hopefully in this theater. I'm going to call tomorrow to get put on the waiting list. I hope to get in. :)

3. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    where is the closest theater to the Con or to olympic and s westlake ave AKA Guesthouse inn and Suites thats where i am staying it is about a mile away from the Convention.

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The closest theaters (and there are only a couple small ones) are on Figueroa south of the convention center, near the university (University of Southern California). It is too far to walk. Better to catch the subway and head out to Hollywood if you can.

5. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    hahaha! I'm staying down at USC! [face_dancing]

6. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Any news on tickets?

7. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    If you have visited the El Capitan site this past week, they now have the next 3 big Disney films listed with "Coming soon" (Pirates is the first below Meet the Robinsons). I would think they should be going on sale fairly soon.

My little group is planning on going after Celebration on Tuesday May 29th.

8. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    o well i do not know California that well Do not know where the subway is and how far it is from my hotel and when last rides are at. or cost maybe me and my group should just wait till we are back at home to see this one. :_|

9. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Jeez people, it's just a Pirates movie. It will be playing all summer. Why go to C IV, when you're doing something you can do at home?

10. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Umm, because i'll be in LA for nine days and it is something to do... Oh yeah and it's going to be a killer movie!

11. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Really....you can attend a premiere for one of the summer's hottest movies at the historic Disney theater in downtown Hollywood anywhere in the USA? You can have cannonballs going off in the theater and a live organist in Pirate gear and a bunch of street performers anywhere in the USA? You can have the possibilty of one the stars of the film dropping by for the premiere anywhere in the USA? I don't think so.

12. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Plus the fact that the theater is called "El Capitan" which translates into The Captain, where can you watch a movie about CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow in a place called "The Captain"?

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Watching POTC at the El Capitan is not just like watching a movie at your local theater, it's an EXPERIENCE. Here's just a few of the many pics I took when I saw "POTC: DMC" at the El Cap to wet your appetite:

Street performers outside while you wait in line:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN3847Medium.jpg]

Pirate-themed employees and snack bar (w/collector popcorn tubs):

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN3908Medium.jpg]

Cannons ready to be fired in the balcony:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN3856Medium.jpg]

The "El Capitan" playing the pipe organ before the film starts, along with the screen transformed into a pirate map, which "changes" when the film begins ;) :

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN3853Medium.jpg]

The main prop and costume area downstairs (there are also other movie items scattered throughout the theater and lobby as well):

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN3891Medium.jpg]

Jack Sparrow (from Disneyland):

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN3909Medium.jpg]

And who knows, as mentioned before, maybe a celebrity might show up:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/dland6-24-06-premiere-keira-1.jpg]

(thanks to Britt Dietz for that last one ;))

14. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Ok now you are really getting me excited to try and score some tickets!

15. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    It is official! I recieved my phone call today and bought 2 VIP tickets for some of the best seats in the house! 7 rows from the front....right smack dab in the middle! You guys should be getting called within the next couple of days if you're on the waiting list! :D

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I got the call too. Here are the showtimes for the duration of CIV:

9 am

12:40 pm

4:20 pm

8:00 pm

11:40 pm

Of course, the first show for the weekend is Friday at 12:01 am.

For tickets, call 818-845-3110

The VIP tickets are $24 and include souvenirs, preferred seating, and no waiting in line!

Typho, what day/show are you seeing, and where are your seats (upper or lower)?

17. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    The midnight premiere of course in row G in the lower section! So if you guys who are attending the midnight premiere want to all be in the same row, request row G when you get the call for VIP tickets or row F or H.

18. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    You could only get the tickets if you had your name on a list? I just tried calling them andy they said they are only selling tickets for the whole marathon at $100 a pop. He also said they will be selling tickets online soon.

19. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    That doesn't sound right, although I see them giving preference to people who called in early and got on the list. He did say that the other movies would be sold individually, although I heard nothing about having to pay for the whole marathon. I got my tickets for $24 a pop, just for the midnight showing of at world's end

20. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Well I called them back and they said that they are going to be selling them on Friday and that I should call early in the morning. If I am not able to get a ticket would anybody be will to buy one for me? I would be eternally grateful and you would be getting your $25 dollars back. :)

21. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I just called, and they siad if you are not on the interest list then call back on Fri morning.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    This is what I got: VIP tix for the 12:01 am show - Row H, Seats 107 & 108.

23. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    I got my tickets. I wanted to go to the midnight showing but because I will be suffering from jet lag and have a photoshoot the next morning I'm waiting and going to the 8pm showing the next night.

Is anyone dressing up?

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. But I figured that of all the evenings of the con, this would be the best night to go - with Friday night being the Opening Ceremonies, Saturday night is a no-brainer, and Sunday with the Master Replicas party, and Monday's no good, cux I have to pack to leave Tuesday morning.

I figure if I prep and iron my costume on Wednesday for the RL photo shoot Friday morning, I should be good...a bit tired, but good. ;)

25. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    So my tickets are set! Friday night at 8:00 - row C seats 107/108.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.