main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pit Row (The AARC Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Jedi Gunny, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Normally, Pit Row is not a nice place to be stationed if you don't like hearing the mechanical whirring of racers, the constant sense of tension from pit crews as they service vehicles, the constant whining of over-taxed engines, the sounds of grating metal, and the over-arching stench of fuel.

But, if you're a race junkie, then this seems heavenly. This is where races are won and lost, in the pits. This is where a single change of parts or fuel load can mean snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, or a costly blunder can kill a racer's hopes. There is a sense of high drama that is palpable during races, and for those truly into the sport itself, there is no better seat in the house.

Welcome to Pit Row, the OOC discussion thread for the AARC game in the Role Playing Forum. This thread is dedicated for OOC discussion of the game and its many aspects, including the AARC and ARJD circuits.

Rules:

1. Follow all board and forum rules in discussion. This includes the use of prohibited materials or language.

2. Make sure all discussion stays focused on the AARC game. Out-of-game socialization must be kept to a minimum, and usually will consist of notes from the GM should they be away from the game and it affects a waiting collab opportunity with a player or the rolling of scores, etc. Any socialization with other players should be confined to PM.

3. Listen to all pertinent updates from the GM. If something important is posted in this thread for consideration of the players, please respond promptly if at all possible. This is to keep the game fun for everyone and flexible in the long run.

So, without further ado, welcome to Pit Row, and don't mind the rank stench of fuel that lingers in the air.

2. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Just a heads-up for players that I will try to generate the final standings for this first race about 48 hours from now. Keep that in mind if you are looking to make a post and want to get it up before the results are generated. [face_peace]

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Things in RL have changed on me pretty much last-minute, and I may or may not be able to generate scores today. What a terrible time to not be able to get results up, I know, but if the DRL demands it, I probably should tend to that first. I'll see how the day goes and go from there; if results are not up today, I will post them tomorrow morning.

4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Okay! You take care of things on your end and we'll go from there :)

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    And there are the results of your first race. At least I wasn't first to crash; otherwise that would've been pretty embarrassing. :p

6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    :cool: I'll have to come up with some good reasons for my poor showing ; )

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Question for everyone:

Would you like it if I introduce the next course in the season two days after generating scores, or a different period of time? Even though I introduce the next course in the circuit during that post, you can still post about the prior week's race; it's just an intro for the upcoming one if you would like to make plans for that next race. Since I have decided to forgo a pre-season schedule release to see how it works out in this first season, it'll be like this for the rest of the season. Any opinions would be great.

TAGS to Everyone, galactic-vagabond422, Trieste, Vehn, BartSimpson-SithLord

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I think this would be a good idea so we have a preview of the track to write about.

9. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh so, we do have an OOC discussion thread! I didn't notice before. Hooray!

I am looking at one post a week. The ability to look ahead to the next track (as I assume the racers would know what the schedule is) would be nice because then I can gesture towards the next race in some fashion in my post.

I will say, this was a pretty interesting first race from a bunch of perspectives. It seems like crashing might be the norm for this circuit!

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    There's a 3 in 5 chance of making it out of a race safely, so yeah, crashing is a major danger. Makes the game more fun that way. :D

Oh, and Important GM Note: Since this game is a collaborative game, please make sure to get in touch with your fellow racers regarding story plans if you are either a) bumping them off the track (i.e. your racer is noted as having knocked someone else out of the race, or likewise you are the one being knocked out of the race by a non-NPC racer) or b) if you have major interactions with another racer (i.e. jockeying for position on the third lap, etc.). I know we're all working out the kinks in this game, me especially, so this is a good time to bring it up. :)

TAGS to everyone: galactic-vagabond422, Trieste, Vehn, BartSimpson-SithLord

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The Race 2 results are up, and I must say that this was a complete shock. Last week four of five players got through safely; this week only 2 of 5 did. The random generator is as fickle as ever, I see.

12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Glad to walk away, that's all I have to say about that!

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The Race 3 bio has now been posted. This will be the first "normal"-rated track on the circuit this season.

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Question for all of you racers.

Would you be interested in me occasionally bringing other NPC characters into the game for you to interact with if you so wish? Some of the remaining courses will also host AARC circuit races (like on Malastare), so AARC pilots might be checking out their new competition. Would that be of interest to anyone?

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Doesn't hurt to give it a try and see how it goes.

And Vehn loved the post. All I have to say is:

[​IMG]

Vehn likes this.
  16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Jamie is not a happy camper! :p And yes, Jedi Gunny, that would be great!

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I won't be able to make the usual Saturday update this week due to other commitments, so I'm thinking that Sunday will be the day when I post the race results. [face_peace]

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    We shall wait with bated breath.

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Another issue-filled race, with three racers going out with mechanical issues. It seems like this circuit is more dangerous for the racers by the week.

Makes for good watching. [face_devil]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Wow, just wow....

Jamie has a case of the wrecked speeders....

Trieste likes this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Clearly this is one of the reasons why the Vehn clan eventually becomes cutthroat and ruthlessly efficient. When she gets it all figured out on the track, she will start to dominate.

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    In the meantime, just call me old Safety Niall. Yup, puttering along at a nice easy pace on a Sunday drive. "Ooooooh, look at the pretty buildings. Hey! Look, it's a duck! Let's pull over and take some selfies with it!...What? There's a race going on? I don't see one around here...oh wait, that's because it's in front of me..." [face_laugh]

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    LOL!!

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

So I said there's a 3 in 5 chance of finishing a race safely.

Obviously he then said:

[​IMG]

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This is awesome!!!