main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Place for Fan Cards?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by MoronDude, Apr 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    If anyone has some web space and is willing to post fan-made CCG cards, I would contribute some of my creations. Maybe we could all make some and post them all together. Anybody interested???

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Why not get the Fan Art section host them.

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, it's not really "fan art". However I've been looking to post my 200+ dream cards and I just might do it at TFN. If that's the case then I will take submissions, thoughthey will have to be text only. Decipher isn't a great fan of dream cards as is, so I'm not gonna push my luck by posting images. Meanwhile, feel free to post dream cards here. Though PLEASE do not get too silly with them. Try and keep them in the Star Wars universe. If I see one that I don't think really belongs then I reserve the right to delete it.

4. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Like that Easter Bunny one last week?

Anyway, I was just saying someone with a private website on Geocities or something that would want to devote space to Fan Cards (SW or not) just for fun.

I like you Red, but you seem alittle uptight.

I sure hope I don't get banned now.

5. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Actually, no, that's not what I meant. I thought the easter bunny card was hilarious. I'm talking someone making a Jedi Master Zog card with 50 POWER and insane gametext...or incorporating a charcter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail or something. That's what I mean. Personally I find it more enjoyable to see what kinds of ideas come up with that could actually be cards. The easter bunny thing was perfectly fine in my book because it was festive and appropriate.

And sometimes you have to draw the line somewhere so that people know. If that's being "uptight" then I would rather be uptight than let the forum degrade into nothing but silliness. But I don't see that happening since everyone on here genuinely has the game's best interests at heart.

And finally, just because you don't agree with me or misunderstand me doesn't mean I'm gonna ban you. What a boring world it would be if we all were nothing more than bobbing head dolls :)

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Red84, I just made a really cool, yet down to Earth Fan Card. There is no real spoiler material in it except the picture. Want me to send it to you?

7. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    What about Ozzy?!!

8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Your Ozzy card is a good example of what I would prefer not to see here. Sorry Jedi B :)

9. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Nooooooooooo! But he's Ozzy!

Would it be better with D if we take out the copyright stuff and write "parody" or something on it?

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I actually made about two dozen fan-cards back in '96, although many dealt with characters and events from a star wars sim' I've done on AOL called "Hyperspace", as well as a few cards based on ID4. To my credit, they weren't too bad for someoine without access to Photoshop at the time::) (they were also "actual sized", which made it a real pain to fit gametext in such a small area and still keep it readable at those resolutions). I also did a few cards of officer-members of what used to be the AOL SW fan club, using their actual photos (usually) and were mainly litered with in-jokes.

I do like to consider myself the first to make fan card images though::)

If any of you remember Adam Pawlus's SW Collecting newsletter, he had hosted a bunch of the card images on his site (which at one point was on jedinet) while it was up.

A little afterwards, Decipher's website had a bunch of fan cards on their website (not sure if they still have them up there somewhere or not though). A friend of mine had a very funny one that got displayed there- using the image of the stormtrooper that hit's his head on the door to the docking bay control room: "I Can't See A Thing in This Helmet".

Another friend of mine did a couple Spaceball-themed ones as well...

I might still have the images up somewhere-let me check my various web spaces and see if I can get a link for ya...

I also intend to have a "mini-expansion" of 30 to 40 fan-cards based on my eventual SW fan film "Light of the Force: The Never Quest" to coincide with it's completion (probably won't be for another year to year and a half though). Granted, this probably won't be the first since, I believe, Nathan, of the Prelude to Hope gang, mentioned they were planning something similar to coincide with the release of their other supplemental materials for that fan film- but it'll be fun to have a card of my characters::)

11. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Dream cards based on SW fan films are okay in my book. And I remember that Stormtrooper dream card and I also remember LMAO! Humorous cards like that are also okay IMO--as long as they're creative and keep some semblence of a connection to the SW universe.

12. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Ozzy is a great jedi knight.

I also enjoy making completly pointless devices like "Empty can of Coke" (Deploy to any site. Sits there.) But I guess stuff like that wouldn't be ok....

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    And let's not forget my 50+ dream cards:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Labyrinth/4814/dreamcards.html

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Red84, didja get my Fan Card?

15. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Yes and it was pretty nifty. Though in the future you might want to consider resizing the image so that I don't have to wait for 500+k's to download over a 28.8 connection ;-)

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Alrighty, here are most of the fan cards I've done (I noticed I've seem to lost one or two over the years...). Anyways, I'll also warn that 1 or two of the cards have explicit words, but it's all meant in humor or as an in-joke.

As for the cards themselves, many are kinda small (i attempted to make them "actual size" back then, made it tough to fit all the words on tehre thats for sure...) and also keep in mind that at the time I really didn't understand all the game rules or mechanics, so many things may come across as a little "off" or ungodly powerfull. I also take no responsibility for mispellings, image resolutions (hey, not bad for 6 year old images done in Hyperstudio...) or pre-G3 Powermac photos::)

A good chunk of these are the previously mentioned AOL SW Fan Club officer member images, so those are loaded with in-jokes (but a few did end up being rather nifty looking).
    Several are also based on characters/ships/technologies from a SW sim I did on AOL for 5 or 6 years.The rest are either based on the films themselves, or ID4: Independence Day.

Also of note, what was probably the first Fan-film CCG card- from TROOPS- "Suicidal Beru" ::)

enjoy

http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/fan-ccg-cards/

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I just made 2 Conker's Bad Fur Day cards, anyone wanna see em?

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    They're really good quality cards!! Anyone wanna see them?!?!?

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Ummm, what is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.