main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Plagueis: The Muun behind Damask

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Hi DarthMaly,

Palpatine gave 11-4D a new surface after taking over. At least he announced so at the end of the novel. But AFAIK there is no grave his fate or that of the galaxy altering event in 11-4D's appearance after the Plagueis-novel anymore - at least until now. So feel free to use his character in your fanfic and don't be afraid it will turn AU involuntarily when Disney or Marvel should decide about ending that loose end too. :)

2. DarthMarly

DarthMarly Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2010
    Sudooku

Thank you! My story is quite AU anyways, but I do like to keep some things standard. I'm glad to hear he is wide-open for interpretation; I've got some fun planned for him.

Of course, I would love for the powers-that-be to make Plagueis into a film, or a part of this new timeline. He's always been so interesting. We'll see, I suppose.

3. YeahOkayCool

YeahOkayCool Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2017

Glad you liked it! For those who are interested, here's the fan-fic in question, still in progress: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ed-memoirs-of-darth-plagueis-the-wise.409838/

Sudooku and darklordoftech like this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Does the Chancellor have the power to appoint a co-Chancellor?

5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine the legal minutia wouldn't stop Palpatine and Plagueis from going through with it.

6. YeahOkayCool

YeahOkayCool Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2017

The Republic in TPM may be corrupt, but I doubt they'd let the executive just magic up a new high-powered government position like that, as part of his inaugural address. Plagueis should have told Sidious to give him a high-powered government appointment that would make narrative sense, like Minister of the Treasury or something else in line with what the Senate knows of Plagueis' background (shady investment banker). Ask for less, get more.

7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

Indeed but the law is for the inferiors as Palpatine pretty much explicitly stated.

8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Plagueis would have been able to convert and get along with Dooku better. He knew that in hindsight. When he chose Palpatine, he chose his slow decline and eventual defeat.

The way of the Sith, in the proper EU and even in the new Disney EU, is always ruthless, dangerous, etc. It's based on mutual manipulation. As such, it represents real-world dysfunctional relationships.

That doesn't mean it's not interesting to study per se. It's just, ya know, really gothic. He he he he he he.

Darth Sareas likes this.
  9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    A Sith master-apprentice relationship I'd say ideally goes through various stages-first the masters finds and chooses an apprentice the apprentice submits to the will of the master doing everything he or she is instructed to the letter, once this stage passes(a decade at least), the Sith apprentice can study more on his own and the master will regularly give him assignments too complete, they will have regular sparring sessions, the master probably quizzes the apprentice regarding what he has studied about x Holocron or something and eventually it reaches the latter stage where the apprentice begins to extract everything he can from the master, every piece of knowledge ferret out every deception, the master seeks to withhold this as long as possible while either preparing to kill the apprentice or find a new one. A late Master-Apprentice relationship is almost ritualized in its pretence-deception, and counter deception are the name of the game they both know a final duel is coming and they are both trying to extract everything possible out of the relationship. A final duel comes and the cycle continues.

Darth Sareas likes this.
  10. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    There is one passage in the DP-novel, the talk between Plagueis and Venamis before their duel, which maked me wonder if a human can do this:

Can you speak while inhaling like Plagueis did? I can, but it sounds awkward. S turns inevitably to th. ;)

What a nice idea of James Luceno!

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Maybe it just meant he inhaled before he replied. Or maybe he could speak while breathing in air. Muuns do have a rather different biology after all.

12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    DI,

I was thinking about that too because the English text isn't that outspoken as is the German translation. But real fans give it a try at least. ;)

Sent from my smartphone while inhaling.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So Darth Plagueis fans-what does everyone here think an empire ruled by our favorite Muun would look like?

14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    After several killing attempts and his carnal restauration Plagueis abolishes the Sith and stays behind the people he influences to do his biddings and to rule on his behalf. Thus he has more time for his researches and experiments. I could even imagine him to live and work in the New Republic.

As for the Empire-solution, he would have let Sate Pestage rule for him in case Palpatine would not be convenient anymore. I think his empire would have been better, for Plagueis would not tolerate Human chauvinism like Tarkin was proclaiming.

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Eh, Plagueis was politically savvy enough to know when to exploit prejudice as Palpatine did.

I can see him being far more generous to the galactic megacorporations than the empire was.

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I think there wouldn't be an empire in the first place. Pöagueis would rule from the shadows using one proxy chaneclor after the other, while keeping a lot of the everydays buisness going. I think he would have tried to rule without the galaxy really noticing him.
    Maybe keeping his mask as Damask as well to strenghten his influence on the financial sectors.

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Maybe but he did foresee himself ruling forever. Which is a long time.

Darth Sareas likes this.
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Yeah but remember that at the end of the novel it becomes clear that Palpatine has been influencing Plagueis for a long time before he murdered him. So I guess maybe what he foresaw was Palpatines work as well.
    Also he could have rule from the shadows for ever without ever begin noticed by most of the galaxy.

19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I mean imagine-being the immortal dark lord ruling over a whole galaxy for millennia on end. It would have to get boring at some point or another.

Darth Sareas likes this.
  20. Darth Sareas

Darth Sareas Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2021
    The only way to tolerate such a long reign is to create, to become a god. Plagueis actually understood this because of his midi-chlorian experiments. Ruling takes a toll, but to create, to make demons, angels, and everything in between would be amusing.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well Palpatine intended to conquer the universe. An endeavor that no doubt would have gone on for a very long time.

But the sith’s ancient dream is godhood. Not just in a political sense, but to truly transcend mortality and the chains of sapient existence itself.

Irredeemable Fanboy and Sudooku like this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Really need to read the book again.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  23. Darth Vahvistaa

Darth Vahvistaa Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 17, 2022
    It is also the way of the Old Republic Sith, with Lord Malgus striking down Lord Vindican.

Ruthless is what is required to rule a galaxy. Gothic indeed, but also Roman, for The Romans were ruthless and yet they have left a mark on the world in the form of religion (the cross), politics (Senate), Law (Most Judicial Systems are Roma based) and etc. It is the same with the Sith, they leave behind a mark, one that burns in the hearts of all who seek the mystery of the dark side.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    They're ruthless until toothless.

25. Darth Vahvistaa

Darth Vahvistaa Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 17, 2022
    The dark side has a good dental plan.