main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. I mean, JJ “inherently turns away from volcanoes” has got to be the most bizarre and hilarious critique of him I have ever heard. This fandom sure is entertaining sometimes.

DARTH_BELO and Darth Smurf like this.
  2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    JJ: "I don't like Volcanoes. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

Bor Mullet and Darth Smurf like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ...burns everything

Bor Mullet and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  4. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    All this so called grounded Planets look total cheap and uninspired.

5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I believe the DSII and Endor are at the start of the movie. And whatever Rey & Co. find there sets them off on the adventure that takes up most of the rest of the film. I don't think the DSII is in Act 2 or 3 as some kind of climax.

If indeed the Resistance is holed up on Endor at the start of IX then perhaps they've built a base there or have taken over the old Imperial bunker from ROTJ. Seems like JJ's style to simply revisit that rather than create a new forest planet + revisit the Forest moon of Endor in the same movie.

Ditto the sand planet. Chances are it is either Jakku or Tatooine, both of which are big planets with cultures and species that we have unlikely yet seen. Just like Episode 1 showed new aliens and new cultures and aspects of Tatooine we never saw in the OT....IX can reveal more about Tatooine or Jakku we haven't seen in previous movies. Tatooine because IX is the final chapter and going back there would tie in nicely. Jakku perhaps because it's Rey's home world of course.

To revisit either Jakku or Tatooine while also introducing a third desert planet in the same film, would seem like an odd choice. More likely what we've seen from stills and BTS footage is a different clan/tribe/region of one of these two familiar planets....But we shall see!

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    The-Clone-Wars likes this.
  6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The wreckage of the Death Star looks to be a 'discovery' moment and I believe those grassy slopes are just another feature of the Endor Moon (as are the oceans). They also have the DIO(?) droid with them which puts it after the Zorii segment on the mountain planet.

JJ has stated that the Jungle planet is at the start of the movie The Resistance are using it as a staging post, there's X-Wings and other ships there.

7. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
  8. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    So, according to MSW:

Ben/Kylo - Rey - Matt Smith ('during' the 3rd act) and the 'final battle with zero gravity' (which sounds like the 3rd act) dont have a planet 'attached' to them yet, right? Like, some kind of Endor I mean.

So:

What about the swamp planet? (according to that guy in reddit, theres this Oracle scene with Ben/Kylo in a swamp environment. 'Relatively early in the film', that was his/her impression)

What about the DS planet?

And about Kylo's mask rebuilding (that 'castle')? Im assuming thats before the 'jungle planet again'', since that seems to be where Kylo is in the teaser.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  9. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    One of my favorites was from the PT - Utapau.

It was masterfully done - felt and looked other worldly, exotic and fit into the SW universe.

I'd like to have planets that fit this model as far as exotic, otherworldly and SW feel.

10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I have an idea for a movie..... J.J. Versus the Volcanoes.
    J.J. is suffering from writer's block, so he goes to the doctor.
    Doctor: J.J...... I have some bad news. The results of the test are in. You have a brain cloud. Several, actually.
    J.J.: Brain cloud? Hmmm. Is that like a server, or something? Like an external brain I have that's somewhere remote?
    Doctor: Yeah. Something like that.
    J.J.: Well, where are they? I could just go there and unblock my writing.
    Doctor. For many years, your brain cloud server things have been located on a ring of dormant volcanoes in the south Pacific. But now, those dormal volcanoes are active, and your brain clouds are precariously close to being consumed by liquid hot lava. You must go, J.J.! Go to your brain clouds and rescue them from imminent doom!
    They could get Tom Hanks to play J.J. Just an idea.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I kinda wonder whether JJ would bring back Naboo. maybe the forever planet the start of the film? it wouldn't mean you had to bring back the gungans in order to do that.

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't mind. IMO there's really nothing wrong with the Gungans specifically. They're not all goofy like Jar Jar after all. I would be interested to see how the Gungans look using the latest mo-cap technology.

Though I feel pretty confident to say Gungans will not be in TROS.

Kashyyyk is my favorite planet. I was hoping we could see that again.

At this point it seems like my votes:

Kashyyyk, Coruscant and Mon Cala

Will not pan out.

That's ok.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    VF revealed two new planets seen in the teaser.
    [​IMG]
    SHOOTING STARS
    Director J. J. Abrams sets up a shot of Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Jordan’s Wadi Rum desert, the setting for the planet Pasaana. In the desert, says Abrams, “there’s something about the way the sand interacts with the light.[​IMG]
    FIRST LOOK
    Vanity Fair reveals Keri Russell as the masked scoundrel Zorri Bliss, seen in the Thieves’ Quarter of the snow-dusted world Kijimi.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Glitterstimm and ewoksimon like this.
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I can't say I'm thrilled by having to distinguish yet another new desert planet, but I guess the Battle of Pasaana sounds better than the Battle of Tatooine, the Battle of Jakku (2.0), or the Battle of Jedha.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    As long as they make it unique I have no problem with another desert world.

Ody_Mandrell and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Do we know where the Kijimi parts were filmed?

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The twist is it’s not sand. It’s turmeric. Take THAT salt planet!

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Pinewood.

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I wonder if Hideo Kojima is from Kijimi?

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Palpatine (to Rey): Actually, I am in really bad shape financially. I pay money to my ex-wife as part of our divorce settlement, among other bills... I just had no choice but to make you pay for lunch the other day. I'm really sorry.

21. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Kojima directing a SW movie, that'd be about as trippy as it gets. :p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    So happy the desert is a new planet. I love desert planets in Star Wars, and I’ll take as many different ones as I can get.[face_dancing]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Do you know what day it is tomorrow, Finn?"

24. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Don't you just love JJ's headwear?

25. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    He's like some Portland hipster coffee-shop kid, haha. Only with the jacket/sweater around his waist 90s grunge style.

Bohemian desert nomad chic. :)

Lulu Mars likes this.