main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like to see Vardos or a planet like it. A metropolis planet that's 100% fanatically loyal to the First Order. With all the First Order banners and statues and a huge garrison.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't see that happening they thought 3PO was a god after all.

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I want to see wherever the Bothans live.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd like to see a planet with a bustling civilization, and infrastructure. So many of the planets in the Star Wars universe are unpopulated, desolate and lifeless.

Why does the First Order want to rule the galaxy if most of the planets are barren and uninhabited? :p

11-4D likes this.
  5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yep more "safe" sand, snow and forest environments are most likely...

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't mind seeing Coruscant again. Not as a central location, but a scene or two.

I've always wanted a chance to see Mon Calamari.

Also I'd love to see a live action version of Ryloth. It'd be interesting to see how they might have rebuilt since the days of the Empire.

Chandrila would be another-especially if we don't see Coruscant.

And I still maintain that I'd love to see some sort of exotic planet, located near the center of the galaxy. Perhaps the sky would be much brighter and denser with stars etc. That could be interesting.

Either way I'd hope we are able to revisit at least ONE familiar planet. If we do, my votes would be Jakku, Coruscant, Kashyyyk, or even Tattooine. (seems odd that we wouldn't see Tattooine at all in the ST. I know it may not fit with the story, but it has just always seemed to me like the unofficial "headquarters" of the GFFA.)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  7. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I feel like SW still hasn't done a proper "water planet". Yes, submarine adventures in TPM and stormy rainy Kamino, and theoretically Atch-To, but to me, the kind of ocean worlds they used in the early OT Marvel comics and the Holiday Special Boba Fett cartoon always stick with me as early examples of SW planet environments, and we still haven't seen anything like them in the films. I'd like to. They could use Mon Cala for that, or a new planet.

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    EU had Manaan, which was 100% ocean aside from the floating cities

That actually is quite a cool concept.... wouldn't mind seeing something similar to it in future movies

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

C'mon, man, you're one of the mods of PT. :p

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013

We're still tied in trivia! If I'm getting my brain blips out of the way now, this is surely not a good sign for you

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Corellia, Mimban and Kessel - if they want to save money.

12. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    oncafar likes this.
  13. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I know it's a minor detail, but I hope JJ actually names the planets in Episode 9. In TFA, I don't think we heard the names of any planets other than Jakku (and they probably only spoke the name of that one so we wouldn't think it was Tatooine.) Again, it's a minor detail/complaint, but I just think the planets would have been marginally more memorable if characters mentioned their names. Without the names being spoken, most casual fans don't know what to call them, so when I talk about SW with friends, they end up giving general descriptions ("That planet with the resistance base," "The planet where Maz lived.") And Ach-to is often just called Skellig Michael.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  14. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I would love Coruscant to come back...we need an urban, ecumenopolis planet in the ST other than the 5 seconds of Hosnian Prime. And there's so much meaning and history on Coruscant.

I highly doubt any other planets will make returns. Mustafar was already in Rogue One. I don't see any reason to go back to Jakku, Takodana, D'Qar, Cantonica, Crait, etc.

Maybe Ahch-To, if Rey wants to return there for some reason. That would be cool actually.

The rest, I expect to be new planets.

So perhaps:
    1. New planet where the rebels operate (or make it a moon or something)
    2. Ahch-To, where Rey goes to maybe commune with Luke
    3. Coruscant, where the new First Order headquarters is with Kylo attempting to run things
    4. New planet
    5. New planet

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Things were not looking so good on Jedha last we saw especially because about 25 percent of its mass is gone.

16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    They are doing that for Solo but in a toned down fashion. I imagine it's the Spice Mines of Kessel

17. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    You people have too many hopes. It'll be new planets, with the possibility of Jakku and Coruscant, and a slim chance of Tatooine.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  18. seasider

seasider Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    I'd be surprised if Coruscant makes an appearance. Unfortunately, it seems like Disney is extremely reluctant to have anything that hearkens back to the prequels because they're afraid of pissing off certain fans. I was actually pleasantly shocked in TLJ when Luke said the name Darth Sidious ( a name never said in the OT).

I want to be optimistic but I'm guessing we'll get a grassy moon planet that looks exactly like Endor but goes by a different name and a city floating on air resembling cloud city called Nimbus or something.

19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    You know, there's probably a reason for that. And a reason why we never heard 'Palpatine' or 'Sheev' in the OT as well.

20. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Mustafar

And I'm not sure Disney is too concerned with pissing off certain fans...the way Luke was portrayed in TLJ was the worst thing they could've ever done if they didn't want to piss anyone off.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All I hope in Episode 9 is that Coruscant appears and that is the only hope I will be going into the movie with.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Dang people beat me to it with the floating cities attached by long bridges over water. I guess great minds think alike!

How about tall rocky mountains with cities on the sides of them (Mesa Verde, CO) but with long extension bridges between those?

Also, a dark side world with ancient structures-KORRIBAN I guess.

And jungle. TRUE jungle like the Amazon. Or better yet jungles in mountains with mist like the Peruvian cloud forests.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It should end where it all started...

[​IMG]

...Specifically
    [​IMG]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  24. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Since TPM is the actual beginning of the saga, IX should end on Naboo then. If they decide that Leia is dead in IX, they could show that she is buried there right besides her mother.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    TPM may start in space same as ANH but the story really starts in both when they get to Tatooine.