main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planned meet for March

Discussion in 'Archive: Kent UK' started by AmberStarbright, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    So it seems :)

I'll get the other details finalised soon (ie once I get some of my homework done :p )

2. boba_mullins

boba_mullins Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2003
    so can i have a PM with the concrete details of this meet>? although im not on here a whole heap coz of work (grrr!) id quite like to attend? so a PM message please? thanks

3. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I haven't got everything confirmed yet, I've been run off my feet with uni work. I have a project due on Thursday, I will get things confirmed on Friday, Saturday at the latest.

In the meantime, if anyone wants my mobile number for the meet for any reasons ie incase someone runs late let me know and I will PM it to you :)

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Ok guys, I need numbers for how many people want to come to the restaurant so I can book a table :)
    Also what time do you think would be best to book it for?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm in for the restaurant. Whatever time everyone else wants is fine by me. We booking the restaurant for lunch or dinner?

6. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I was thinking more dinner, lunch we probably can decide on at the time. As I don't know what is open in the area on the weekend as it's a business area. Also depends on how long we spend at the Tower of London I guess as well :)

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    True..I would say probably around 6pm for dinner then, if we are going to have a large group. If we make it much later on a Saturday we might run into a very crowded restaurant and slow service. I know I will probably want to head back to Waterloo to catch my train by 9pm..

8. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm also in for the restaurant!

9. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    i'm coming
    i havent seen mike in ages

how is the old man

no worries i'll meet him

10. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    So you're not at work this saturday then? :)

11. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Thats was 20th of march

12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Right just to confirm as from a few hours time I wont be online until after the meet but I will have my mobile phone with me.

10:30am meet outside tower hill station. There are technically two exits for the station but I believe there are signs posted for the "official" one. If you follow that to towards the end of the platform, when you get up there stairs to the main section of the station there are two doors, one straight ahead and one to the left. Take the one on the left hand side and turn left.

Infront of you will be the tower of London and you can see the entrance to the station, there is also a black I think marble piece with information on there infront of the station, probably best to meet there :)

Edit:

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/jeannette/000_0011.jpg]
    That is what you should see if you've gone the right way ;)

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    See you then! :)

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks good! Sounds like even the weather will cooperate - its supposed to get a bit warmer and be nice on the weekend! See you all then..

15. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

Just a brief note to say that I had a great time yesterday. It was really nice to everyone and great to visit the Tower of London.

Hope everyone got home okay,

Paul

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yes, I had a really good time as well. Got back to my local pub just in time to see England lose the rugby. Got lucky in Waterloo - a Reading fast train was literally just about to pull out and I managed to make it onto that so it was a nice quick trip. Pretty tired today though - I have just been relaxing and reading the papers.

17. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Sorry I couldn't spend the rest of the day with you guys, but great meeting some of you, all-be-it briefly.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves :)

Don't mention the Rugby LAJ, a poor first-half for us but we improved a great deal in the second but just not enough :(

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I only caught about the last 20 minutes. It was disappointing that they lost. Oh well, maybe next year..

19. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi All

Thanks for a good time on Saturday. It was fun and I enjoyed meeting you all. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.