main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning thread for one WEIRD collab...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth_Fruitcake, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Alright, here's the deal. I gathered Padawan Lunetta, Mar17swgirl, Melyanna, and Amidala_Skywalker to write a collaboration. So far, we have a simple plot layout. Nothing fancy, but it's an NJO (AU?).
    We need a TITLE, people! Titles are important, and as I found out, my collection of writers are quite picky.
    Awaiting the day that someone can think up a good title...

P.S. The fic--should everything work out--will begin in January. We're all a little busy right now, so don't expect anything till next year.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm here!!! :) :D

Um, I think that FIRST we need a good PLOT. I know, titles are important, but if you have a bad plot, then the whole fic sucks. [face_plain] And besides, if you have a story outline, it's much easier to come up with a good title that will suit the story. ;) :D :)

3. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Okay, Mar's here! Any ideas?

(btw, did I give you the outline? I forget)

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm a little confused... But I'll help out as best I can. I get the vague impression that you have the vague impression of a plot. Since I don't know what that plot is I can't help with a title for it. I'll just throw out some ideas for titles/plots. Feel free to pick any little bits you want.

All the Gods' Children: a story about the Unworthies (or whatever the 'good' Vong are called, I've only read one NJO book.)

The Hand of Death: Mara dies from her illness, perhaps as early as everyone else that was infected and/or perhaps Mara becomes contagious, spreading the disease to others.

Cant think of a title for this idea, but I know this scenario had been tossed around before: What if the Vong invaded during the Empire's heyday. When you're traveling a billion lightyears to another galaxy, what's a few decades one way or another? I suppose this story would be similiar to Harry Turtledove's WorldWar series. (in which WWII Earth is invaded by aliens)

thats all for now, good luck.

5. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, here's the plot as I understand it...

(Which might not be saying much. ;) )

The girl has some piece of information that's vital to the New Republic's war against the Yuuzhan Vong.

Naturally, the Yuuzhan Vong have a problem with this and would prefer to have her dead. She has a small problem with this (can't imagine why) and goes into hiding.

With a band of smugglers, of all people.

From here on out, nothing's been decided, but somehow I suspect, judging from the makeup of this group, that she'll fall in love with some guy, he'll save her life, yada, yada, yada. (There's going to be one heck of a catfight when we decide on who gets to write the first kiss... But I'm calling dibs on that scene first. ;) )

Anyway, that's enough sarcasm from me for the next five minutes. I may or may not be back on tonight, since I'm leaving for school again in about fifteen minutes.

See you all later!
    Mel

6. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh, and I apparently have been drafted to name all the characters. Once we have bios in place for them, I'll hop to it.

And yes, Fruity, luney and I are quite picky. ;)

7. Aftermath

Oct 18, 2001
    hmm... In that case I suggest something related to the piece of information, what ever that happens to be.

8. Aftermath

Oct 18, 2001
    Might not be able to help you with a title, but this might help you name the characters.

http://www.zoope.com/about/about_names.html

9. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Cool plot idea Mel.

You're all great writers and I love all of your stories. And I can't wait to read this.

AND IT'S NJO YAY!

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Hmmm... ::looks around:: Fruity's here, Mel is here, I'm here... Where's Luney and Am??? ?[face_plain] ;) :D

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Am reporting in!

I also think we should get the plotline set up first and then a title is likely to come to us. That's how it usually works. Now I'm supposing this girl is one of 'high birth' maybe a Princess or Senator's daughter etc. Why are the Vong after her, that seems to be the main question we're debating.

Just thought I'd pop in before I go off to school. Oh and before I forget a offical 'aw' goes out to Mel about the first kiss scene.

Am [face_love]

12. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    I CALL THE HUMOR AND ANGST!!!

My two specialties [face_devil]

The YV are after this woman because she holds crucial information to their victory. They want to extract the information from her, then kill her.

Ah, yes, the fun part...

Each of us (the writers) have a specific character that matches our personality. One character per writer. However, there will be miscellaneous characters, to provide readers with some difficulty. Aren't we evil? [face_devil]
    Your job as the readers is to guess which character belongs to which writer.

Oh, yes, and another thing.... this is all written from a third-person view. Ie; "he said/she said" instead of "I said".

Bad To The Bone [face_devil]

13. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    UP.

Hey, should I write a trailer for this fic as soon as we have a title?

14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL, OK, Fruity, I DO suggest we first have the plot, then we can come up with a title, and THEN you can write a trailer... ;) ;p :D

15. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Where on earth is Luney?

The first post, as we decided (I love chatrooms) will have our big hero on her home planet. It just fills in teeny, tiny holes on who she is, why she is who she is, and how her daily life proceeds. It also gives you some history on her family and friends.

Second and third post, she uncovers the information.

Whaddya think?

16. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I agree with Fruity. :)

17. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Hmm... sounds interesting... So let's see.... A hidden girl who knows too much...

How about Secrets in Shadows
    or
    Shadowed Secrets...

or something like that?

18. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    The titles are okay.... but they're not going to make people sit up and say "wow".

Told you we were picky ;)

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    There But for the Grace of the Force...

A title I just thought of, it's alright...I suppose.

Am [face_love]

20. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Hmmm...

I like it!

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Uh, maybe it's just me, but it's confusing... ?[face_plain] I really DO suggest we first come up with the plot outline... :p :D :D :D

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I think we've all agreed that the cahracter based on me will be the main character. Once I've thought her out a little more, I'll post a character bio. However, here's the first few posts as I understand them. After this, feel free to post suggestions, and we'll comment on them and make decisions.

Post #1: Introduction of Dyre Marikos and her home planet, etc., etc. Since Dyre is me, I'll handle this post.

Post #2: More development of Dyre. Luney should probably take this one since she and I are used to borrowing each other's characters.

Post #3: The plot arrives in the form of some kind of information (ideas, ladies?) and Dyre flees.

Post #4: Maybe we could stick the bad guys in here...

Post #5: Introduction of the pirates and the *coughcoughromanticinterest* of the story.

*tosses the ball up in the air*

Someone else's turn!

Mel

23. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    This question has been on my mind for awhile, so I believe I'll just post it...

Does she know information that the YV don't know, or does she know info that they don't want her giving away?

Answers most appreciated ;)

24. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Up for the sake of humanity.

25. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Hi, I'm nosy, oh wait, yes, we all knew that. :D ;)

This sounds very interesting. Are we talking about Jan. 2003 though? You people are cruel to make me wait that long! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.