main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Plans for Supernova next year

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kit' , Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey all

Some of us have been discussion Supernova next year. Now I know it's a little early, but I figured this way if people want to participate there will be enough time to get their costume together.

Okay - so the idea is for a group of us (as many as possible) to go to supernova dressed as Back to the Future characters....

Yes, you heard right! Something a little like this...[image=http://cinematropolis.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/backfuture_l.jpg]

So, the ideas are that we pick a character, do a close approximation and go together as some sort of time-travelling conglomeration...

I know virtually no-one uses this board anymore, but as I refuse to twit (or whatever you call it), I figured that this would be the best place to organise it...

Ideas so far:

Tim: 80's Marty
    Kit: Jennifer

Anyway, if you like the idea jump on board. It'll be lots of fun and should be fairly easy to put together

Kithera

Hmmm, ran out of full stops

2. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It turns out my guitar is fairly close in appearance to McFly's, so I just need to find the right jacket and I'm set.

3. Magnus Darcrider

Magnus Darcrider Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2000
    I still want you and BigBossNass to go as inhabitants of The Land of Canoes one year :p

I'm all for this. Dibs on "Western Marty" or "Western Doc".

Be seeing you.

4. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Pretty sure Goob wanted to go as western Biff, so I was gonna do a Clara..maybe. Or Michael J Fox dressed as his sister in the Future :p

And Magnus..you just want any excuse to wear your poncho!! :) Fair enough too

5. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I challenge someone to do "Western Marty" from the first half of the film, where he wears the hot pink cowboy getup.

6. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I'll be going on Saturday April 10th. Anyone else attending and interested in a meet-up of some kind?

7. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Ooh, I could go as a flux capacitor!

I'm hoping to have some certain products up and running by then, so if that is the case I'd be planning to go in SW regala at some stage. But BTTF could be fun, though the character range could be a bit limiting.

8. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Wow I'm posting here. Gosh!

:) The Back to the Future plans went a bit awry, sorry Kit. GOobs, me, and the Padawan will be in attendance for a few hours on Saturday in our Steam punk time traveller creations. Any old and new faces from these ere boards are welcome to come say hi and meet up.

:)

9. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Oops, hadn't realised this was a revived thread, and that it's this weekend!? So no, not going, thought it was a bit early to be planning for NEXT year...

10. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I was sad I missed everyone again. But that is ok. TBF and I went in our stargate costumes. It iwas nice people wanting to get our pictures. And even a 501st member complimented them, even though they weren't completely accurate or anything. :)
    But it was so hot and crowded. We didn't stay very long. :p

11. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Ah, we saw and took photos of you guys I think. If you were the guys in Green and Blue SG unforms, that is. We were in steampunk.

12. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    We were just in blue ones. There were others? :eek: We looked for more of our kind. :p

13. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    [poke]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.