main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Playing with Minds (JA)~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Sep 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    it wasn't a stupid ending at all!! I'm just happy that Qui had the sense to decline it, and the Council enough to allow him!

This is a wonderful story Gimpy, and I'm bummed that it's over. But now that it's over, you can start on something else! I look forward to it!

2. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Not a stupid ending at all, Gimpy. I'm just glad to see that our boys will have some time to their selfs...goodness knows they need it after what you put them through ^_^

I can't wait for the new story and, hey, if you need help with a title I can try to help.

Another great story and I look forward to more!

3. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    That was a wonderful ending to a beautiful story! Great job =)

4. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    No, it wasn't stupid. That was an excellent ending, you resolved the story very well. Also, the fact that Obi-Wan had still to recovery all his memories really added to it. Your portrayal of the Council did as well. Thanks for sharing such a great story with us, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories!

5. Rilian

Rilian Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    Gimpy,
    Overall, I'd say pretty good. To be totally honest though, the last couple of posts seemed a bit rushed. The attention to detail was not always there to the level it was earlier in the story. I would suggest more on the thoughts and feelings of the central characters, in this case Qui-gon and especially Obi-wan. You did this very well early on but the detail seemed to fade in and out the longer the story went.

I realize how much effort you put into your stories and you should be commended. This was, overall, an excellent Star Wars adventure. Thanks! -Rilian

6. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments, everybody!! And Rilian, thank you very much for being so honest, I will be sure to work on that! :)

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I liked the line where Obi-Wan's laughter is like a bright beam of sunlight splashing over Qui-Gon. Beautiful! I'm also glad that Qui-Gon refused the mission. He knows his Padawan better than the Council does! I'm sad this excellent story is over. I would have liked to see more, especially another scene where Obi-Wan can't remember something or someone and Qui-Gon has to remind him. But I'm looking forward to your next story.

8. Buffynick60

Buffynick60 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    oohhhhh i looooved the ending!!! it was great!!! Lovely story!!! :)

9. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    awwww its over?
    *sniff sniff*
    that was a great story Gimpy!!!!!!
    you did a great job.....
    I'm just sad its over.....
    CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT STORY!

10. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for the replies, all!! :D Actually, I'm hoping to have the next story up in a day or two, possibly even later tonight depending on when I get some feedback on the title from a friend. Thank you once again!

Levitating!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Stupid?!?

For all the times Qui-Gon's gone against the Council, the health (mental and physical) of his padawan is by far the best reason.

I loved it Gimpy! Especially Tahl telling Obi-Wan to notify her the next time he plans on beating the pants off Qui-Gon..LOL

12. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    It was a good ending, I liked it...better than mine.

13. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    That was a great ending gimpy and I can't wait to read your next story. =)

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Upping for Kelly to find!

15. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
  16. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    Thanks for the story Master Gimpy, I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Some great mental exploration, as well as an exciting storyline made this a real adventure, and I feel I know Obi & Qui better than I did before. Excellent work. I'll be sure to read more of your writings in the future.
    May the Force be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.