main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Playskool toys

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi-Monkey, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Monkey

Jedi-Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Hey,

Does anyone out there know if there are any plans for Hasbro to produce any more of the cooler-than-cool Playskool sets? I know I'm not the only person who thinks these are awesome, since they disappear off the shelves as soon as they are put out. It took me weeks to find a Millenium Falcon, and I am STILL trying to find the Arena Adventure with the coolest Playskool MoFo of them all, Mace Windu! I certainly hope they plan to make more of these oh-so-cool toys!

2. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    At least they appear on the shelves over there.

We get diddley Squat down here in Oz.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I hope they make more. I got the X-Wing Adventure set for my nephew, and I bought a second for myself so I could have the awesome Darth Vader figure. He looks evil, yet so innocent at the same time.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I saw the set with the naboo fighter with Maul, young Anakin, and Qui-Gon I think was the third figure. I saw it at KB Toys, and the figures are definitely the best part of the sets.

5. Jedi-Monkey

Dec 4, 2002
    The Darth Vader IS extremely cool-looking, and would have been the best one they did if not for that untra-cool looking Mace Windu (that I still can't find.) And the Chewbaca that comes with the Millenium Falcon playset is also one of my favorites. I'm just glad other people like these too, so that maybe they will keep making more. I'd love to see a Slave-1 with Boba and Han in Carbonite, or a hanger duel set with Dooku, Anakin, Obi-Wan and YODA! (Would't Yoda be just too cool done in this style? Heh heh.) What would you all like to see?

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    For those of you who live close enough to Disney World, they have all the Playskool sets at Tatooine Traders (the store next to Star Tours) in Disney MGM Studios. They also have a full stock of the Star Tours figures (they had been sold out for awhile). I was just there over Thanksgiving and they had a pretty good stock on everything!

7. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    For those near a FAMILY TOY, they are going out of business and are clearing their stockrooms... I was able to pick up all of the sets there, at 40% off! Also, KB Toys advertised these sets for sale in their weekend circular, so perhaps they are going to become more abundant. I can't wait to see my 3-year old son tear these sets open to play with on Christmas morning.....
    Happy Hunting!

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    My son is only 1.5 years old and he loves the two sets my wife & I got for him (Endor & Hoth). I've been looking all over for these with little or no luck. Going to drive across town tonight to see if other KB toy stores have them....if I get real desperate, and I won't, there's tons of auctions on ebay selling all 5 sets together for $60-80. I think patience will make better use of my money. ;)

9. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    I have to agree.... patience is the key....
    I first found X-wing Adventure and Phantom Menace Duel sets in a Wal-Mart in Ocean City, MD while on a golf trip in May, and haven't seen any until 3 weeks ago when I walked into a Family Toy in Philadelphia and saw an abundance of all of them. Now that I've seen them advertised in a KBToys circular, I have to think that they are finally making their way out of the stockrooms and onto the display shelves.

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I've only seen these sets a couple of times, but I would buy them if I had the money to do so. The Hoth and Arena sets are the best (especially because of the uber cute Tauntaun). :D

11. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    Anybody else have success finding the sets besides me?

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Went to a different side of town and found both KB Toy's (it was a KB Toys Express if that matters) and JC Penny's cups runneth over. :D JC Penny's had the Naboo & X-wing sets, while KB had tons of those along with many Arena adventures and Hoth sets. Didn't notice if KB had the Endor set or not, but since I wasn't looking for that one I didn't look to hard. No Falcon sets at either place. Picked up the Naboo set ($14.99) & the Arena one ($7.99) for my son, and bought a couple others for gifts. Decided to hold off on getting the X-wing set since I hadn't planned on spending that much to begin with, so I...I mean, my son, just needs the X-wing and Falcon sets. ;) These are the coolest SW toys ever...and it's restored my faith in the fact that somewhere at Hasbro, someone is embracing the idea that kids need to play with these toys in order to become addicted fiends for life...a battle droid that stands on it's own...it's unheard of!! :eek: :D :D

13. Jedi-Monkey

Dec 4, 2002
    The Falcon set was the first one I got, and it's still the easiest set to find here in upstate NY. Almost every KB store up here has at least a couple of them, and we have seven KB's within 25 miles of each other! And they always seem to re-stock those pretty quickly when they do sell out. Although maybe they replenish the supply of the smaller sets regularly too, but they sell out to fast for me to get there, :(. But I do have faith that someday I will find that Arena Adventure set, :D! Then maybe the good folks over at Hasbro will give us what we want, (or at least what I want, ;) a Playskool YODA! (with lightsaber, of course.) Then we need a Pincess Leia, and a Lando, and a Boba Fett, and a Dooku, and an Emperor and an old Obi-Wan and a Jawa and a...well I think you get the picture [face_blush].

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    My fingers are crossed for a Sebulba Pod Racer set. :D

A Jabba's palace set would be a more likely candidate though. You could have a large Jabba (ala the Reek & Wampa), then Leia, Boba, and maybe C-3PO since R2 came with the X-wing set.

A Gunship vehicle set would be extremely cool. Yoda, a clone, and maybe a destroyer or super battle droid.

A Ep2 Slave 1 vehicle set would be very cool as well. Jango, young boba, & Obi-Wan.

Gah...need to stop daydreaming. :)

15. Jedi-Monkey

Dec 4, 2002
    That Jabba's Palace set sounds pretty cool to me, although I would make one minor change to it. I would replace the C-3PO with either Bib Fortuna or a Gammorean since 3PO comes with the Millenium Falcon set. Other than that, sounds like something I would love to see! :D

16. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    i have found them all except FAST THROUGH THE FOREST and MILLENIUM FALCON ADVENTURE .
    i got the ARENA ADVENTURE for my little bro , but i like it more than he does :( :_| . i thought he would love it !

17. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Patience young Luke, patience!

Slowly but surely I have found all of these absolutely cool sets at my local Kay-be. I am really hoping that they will continue to make more. I have a baby coming next March and the Falcon is already sitting on his bookshelf. :D

I would like to see:

Jawa Sandcrawler with Jawa, Sand people and a droid.

Yoda, Count Dooku, and Padme.

A little Death star set would be ultra cool too.

18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I wanna Mr.Potato Head with Lightsaber.
    Dang that`d be awoesome

19. Jedi-Monkey

Dec 4, 2002
    I wanna Mr.Potato Head with Lightsaber.
    Dang that`d be awoesome

Heh heh heh...

How about a George Lucas, kinda like the Jorg Sacul, only in jeans and a red flannel, and holding a lightsaber. I think that would be cool too!

heh heh heh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.