main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Please Welcome Your New Moderator ... Penguinator-176!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    With Imperial_Hammer's imminent departure ( :_|) the RPF mod team has been working hard behind the scenes to find someone to fill his considerably large shoes. After much discussion, it has been decided that our new moderator will be the one and only Peng!

Peng has been a rock in our forums for years now. His integrity, dedication, energy and enthusiasm are great assets to our community and have never flagged in all the time he has been here. He's been a consistent innovator, with plenty of flexibility and creativity to try new things, and I have no doubt that this will serve him well as the newest addition to the RPF Team. I think we're going to accomplish great things together. :D

A big round of congratulations to Peng! =D=

[image=http://moviechopshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/terminator2still2.jpg]

Be good, or the Modinator will getcha. [face_skull]

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hell to the yes. I approve of this decision.=D=

Good luck Peng, I'm sure you'll do great.

3. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    And now my Sig makes even moar sense!

Congrats buddy!

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Way to go, Peng!

Try not to ban too many people on your first day. :D :D :D

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Congrats, Peng! :)

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    WTF?

Oh I mean, congrats!!!!! I'm excited to have you in MS!

:_| @ Impy

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Woot!

Congrats Peng!

:D
    [face_dancing]

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ahh...it's relieving to be able to discuss this at long last!

After nearly two weeks of holding my breath, I'm here at long last! Thank you, one and all, for your kind words. I'm overjoyed tonight - the news came through recently but secrecy had to be kept until everything was completely official! Thank you all so much, again!

A huge thank-you must be extended towards Xani, but also Impy, whose guidance and model I hope to follow in the future. I might not be Imperial_Hammer 2.0, but I'll do my best to live up to his position.

Please do not think of this as a replacement but rather the first in a line of succession, hopefully long and proud and fruitful. I will be the best I can be, and I will be the best I can be with your help. Thank you guys so much! We will miss Impy but he'll always be around...I guarantee his presence will never leave the RPF.

I am not, nor will I ever be, Impy 2.0. I'll be me and myself always. I love the RPF and I love our games, our population and our unique dynamic...

...I wouldn't change it for the world.

I have big ideas, if big they can be called, and I intend to implement a few of them in my turn as RPF Moderator. I'm extremely happy to fill this position, with much help from Xany and Impy, and I'm extremely excited to get started.

This isn't a goodbye to Impy, but a hello to me. I hope you're as excited and eager as I am!

Thank you so much!

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    To quote a German saying in horrible translation: Take a deep breath, look at oyur path and then have a good run!

Congrats!

10. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    You'll do fine Peng. You're a great pick and I am confident you and Xan will keep the place in good hands.

If you ever need any advice, you know my IM addresses. :)

Congrats again. Coming up on 5 years coming now as an RPF regular. I think you've put in your time. You've certainly outlasted a majority of your cohort, that is for certain. And you've never gave up. I remember your Music RPG, wasn't that your first? I still say it was a good idea... and I still maintain it was a shame it didn't go anywhere! Maybe you can revisit that someday, knowing now what you didn't know then. :D

I'm certain you'll find the exercise as pleasurable as I have, and that you'll bring all sorts of new and interesting ideas to the RPF's communal table. :)

Best of luck boss!
    -I_H

11. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    A great choice! Congratulations, Peng!

Don't ban too many people, now...:p

12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations, Peng'! =D=

13. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Fixed and agreed upon :p

Have a good time moderating, Peng.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome Peng! May your colors ever wave...and your Ban-Cycle run out of gas before reaching my name on the list:D

15. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    :eek: *blinks a few times* [face_hypnotized]

This completely blindsided me, in all honesty. This whole business of no more imp and such.... odd stuff to consider. However, it's the way of things, and they couldn't have picked anyone better to fill the vacant slot. Congrats peng. :)

Better you than me. :p

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Hammer said it straightforwardly and also very well, Peng: you certainly have outlasted many people here. You'll be great up in that header my friend, but more importantly around the forums, too. Keep being you.

Congrats and my the penguins bless you.

17. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Congrats! *thinks fondly back on the days you were an RPF adoptee* You've come along way and I am sure you will do well in filling I_H's shoes.

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Though I sadly just don't have the time to dedicate to this place these days, I must stop by to offer my congratulations to Penguinator-176. A finer choice, I cannot think of.

Enjoy your retirement, Imperial_Hammer.

19. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Bump for managerial justice!

That's right, Peng has survived his three-month trial-by-fire and is now a full Manager. Now you can hassle him if you want threads moved, posts deleted or banners changed. You might even see him doing fancy things with HTML. :D :D

Congrats Pengster! =D=

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Let the HTML abuse begin!

Oh well, at least I can hit two people up for fullsize instead of one now. :D :D

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Grimby messaged me to say that when he tried to make my congrats thread, he couldn't. He was trying for the last forty minutes.

For the last forty minutes or so I'd been trying to post a big picture in here.

I terminated the JC.

*thumbs up*

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    ...You're telling me you found the "Destroy the Forums" button?

And then you actually pressed it????

:eek:

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    His CPU is a neural net processor. A learning computer.

He had to push it to see what would happen. Let's just hope he already knows what the "delete forum" button would do....

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Probably turns those fake-Mod cheques we get into real money, which is why the button is labelled in a way to prevent use. :p

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.