main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive PLJ's SW Fan Art Collection - 8/12 Anakin/Padme Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    You are getting better and better at this.

Maybe your Dad will get your Poser and Bryce for Christmas. Where did you think I got mine from? My Dad got it for a 4th of July present for me.

For Christmas hubby said he was going to get me a 9X12 Wacom Intuos 3 graphic tablet. [face_dancing]

Well, he really didn't say that. It was more like, "You want a Wacom? What the heck is a Wacom? Just put it on the credit card and I will buy it."

Isn't he sweet?! :D

I just love this new computer technology! I think you are going to love Corel. I only had the trial offer for a month and fell in love with it. I can't wait until mine gets here.

AG88

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I just checked out the Wacom site, I asked for a Graphire 6x8 Tablet from my Dad. I'd love the Intuos, however, I think I'd only get the 4x6 and I know me - that wouldn't be big enough. I need one that's at least mousepad sized.

I also gave him links for Poser and Bryce - we'll see if he nibbles at either of those :p

Mom got me the computer so I'm expecting nada from her, nor can I ask for anything else from her.

I figure I'm going to try to stockpile my ebay sales money through the holidays and if I can get enough moola saved, I can pick up whatever doesn't show up under my tree at the beginning of the year.

I'm having a LOT of fun working on all of these different programs, I've been writing fanfic for years and have ignored the artist within me. Now I'm feeding that muse and she's VERY happy :D I just keep envisioning all of these fun and amazing illustrations that I can make for my stories, so long as I have all of the right tools at my fingertips.

Poser to make my people.
    Corel to paint their clothes
    Bryce to create their environment
    Merge any photos that might be needed and then layer whole piece together in photoshop.

I'm soo excited at the thought of trying to accomplish everything - if I can actually pull this stuff off successfully, I'll feel like such the accomplished computer geek :D

3. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    That sounds good. You know, with just Poser you can do a lot if you just want to buy the outfits and environments. But I like creating as much as I can in my pictures. Otherwise it just seems like a complicated photo manip to me (plus buying that stuff is expensive). Poser clothing is okay, but it always seems too computer generated to me. But there are ways to alter them to look more natural using the Distortion brush found on PS or the program I have Microsoft Digital Image Pro (watered down version of PS). I highly recommend getting that book I told you about: Digital Sci-Fi Art, by Michael Burns. That book gives some great hints on how to get the most out of PS, Poser and Bryce.

I know how you feel. I am a complete computer idiot, but I know the few programs that I work with. If I put a CD-ROM into the computer and it doesn't automatically start up and have a step-by-step process on how to download the program, then I am lost. :p

I can't wait to see what you put out when you get all your stuff.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Since my Corel is on the way, when I get home tonight I'm going to download the free trial so that I can start using it and get used to it so that when my software arrives I'll be ready to use it!

I've uploaded all of my stuff into a single gallery on my website, located here.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hi all,

So here are 2 new wallpapers that I put together as a part of my continuing effort to "pretty up" my STAR WARS fansite and add covers to my fanfic stories that were in desperate need of them :D

First up is my cover for my EU/AU fic "Jaina's Journey." After a lot of scrutinizing, I'm finally happy w/ the results:

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/Jainas%20Journey%20800x600%20copy.jpg]

Next is the picture I created for my main page. This is the second attempt at this image. My first one I managed to get the sizes of all 3 characters wrong and the background (an internal shot of Theed) was too busy. So I switched things around and put Naboo behind them all. I like the results. Jaina's still a smidge smaller than her Mom and Grandmother, but it's not too bad.

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/PLJ%20New%20Cover3%20%20800x600.jpg]

I'm currently working on a Christmas card and am hoping that w/i a couple of weeks that I'll have enough money squirreled away to buy Poser 6 :D

6. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    You are getting better and better at cropping and blending the pictures together. I really like the one for the fanfic. Nice job with the layout!

AG88

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey PLJ--sorry I've missed you latest posts! I like your web page--some nice images there (particularly the one of Leia)--the way they're all posed is very cohesive, too, with Leia and Jaina facing in, Padme facing forward. A nice arrangement. The fan fiction cover looks good, too, with the "ghosted" images to lend a little more of a hint at the story content. Well done! Sounds like your "Christmas list" is pretty complete--I hope Santa (and Mom and Dad!) come through for you!

FF

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thank you! Practically every piece I do I either find a new way of doing things in Photoshop or Corel Painter IX (now that I have that) - btw is the trial edition any different than the regular edition? Because during the trial it asks if I want to enter my serial code that I have that I got w/ my disks. But I'm not sure if I want to activate the trial if the disks actually contain more stuff - then I probably just want to load them.

No worries about the delay between postings, it's the holidays, I expect people to be busy :)

I'm usually pretty good w/ composition as I took 4 years of photography in high school, so I pay close attention to the arrangement of my images. I previously started w/ a different background picture and Leia and Jaina were facing outwards instead, it just didn't look right. Moving them so that they were facing inwards w/ the arched edge of Naboo behind them perfectly mirrored the composition of the characters :)

We'll have to see what Santa brings, I doubt I'll get anything computer-wise from my Mom as she knows zippo about PCs. But that's ok, she helped me get the computer so that was the best gift of all :D

Here's my recent project, my Holiday Fanfic Solo Family Christmas Greeting Card!

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Es%20Art/Star%20Wars/DE%20Clan%20Xmas%20Final%20Card.jpg]

Cast of Characters:

L>R: Han and Leia, Marxx Racees (Jason Behr) & Jaina Solo-Racees (Shiri Appleby,) Jacen Solo (Jensen Ackles,) Raven Racees-Solo (Nadia Bjorn), Tenel Ka(Laura Prepon) and Anakin Solo (Uh some model that I can't remember his name at the moment :p )

This took me nearly a week to work on. In it I combined 9 different photo elements, text in Photoshop, then I used Corel Painter to draw in all of the extra elements needed to clothe the people in more GFFA type outfits.

For Marxx I painted his shirt using mostly the original color of his shirt in the original photo used, w/ using blenders in Corel I was able to wonderfully capture the perfect match of light on the back of his shirt and shoulder. His right hand actually belongs to Jensen Ackles. I cut out a hand from one of his pictures, reversed the direction and lightened it so that it would match Jason's skintone.

Raven's hair is white in my story so it was a challenge to turn Nadia's usually stunning brunette hair into white. I had to manipulate all of the shadows on her as they appeared too dark w/ the white hair.

Corel has this oddball effect that allows you to splatter on little leaves so I utilized it for creating the wreathes and garlands. Each character, other than Han & Leia (who I ran out of gas on to customize) had their clothes drawn in Corel. Then I used the overall effect of Poster Effect from Photoshop to finish the card.

I'm proud of the end results, but I confess that I'm completely sick of looking at these people :p Anywhoo...hope you all enjoy!

9. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Hey hey, PLJ. How's it going? I just wanted to stop by and let you know I've taken a look at your works and I like them very much! Especially the recent Leia, Padmé, Jaina one! Keep up the good work!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Giolon05

Many, many thanks! I'm glad you like it.

So between getting ready for Xmas and having to share my computer w/ my sister since only my computer has internet access, I haven't been doing a lot of drawing lately :(

But I just tweaked a cover for another of my fanfics that I was working on and decided to post it.

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/Nubian%20Son9%20copy.jpg]

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    *Sigh* No comments :(

Oh well here are a few new pieces to share.

Lord and Lady Vader

First was created in Photoshop. I found a great picture of Padme from the AOTC fireplace scene and it was so wonderfully red and fire colored that I wanted to make a Lord & Lady - alternate universe type image of them. I heavily used the Poster and film grain filters on it and I like how it came out. Again, I used my own Mustafar planet that I drew in Photoshop.

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/Lord%20%20Lady%20Vader.jpg]

Jawa

The next image is my first attempt not only of creating an art piece in Corel Painter IX, BUT using my brand new Wacom Inturos tablet and pen! [face_dancing] Drawing was created from scratch and I livened and gave texture to the whole thing up by using my favorite Image Luminance filter under Apply Surface Texture in Corel.

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/Jawa3.JPG]

Legacy of Light Fanfic Cover

I was having a lot of problems w/ this cover. I had easily managed to merge Jaina's head on a new mom's body, but merged them before I had matched the skin-tones, so I kept battling w/ her face and skin not working together and matching. Finally I added in some extra light sources on the body and baby and then used the Poster filter to help unify everything. I really like the result:

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/Legacy%20of%20Light7%20copy2.jpg]

Oh, and just for fun :)

New Year's Card!

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/AP%20Defenders%20New%20Year2.jpg]

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have a couple of updates here that I wanted to share.

First a finished Wallpaper with Han and Leia usiing a cool crackle filter effect on it.

Han and Leia:

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/Han%20Leia%20Smoocheroo5.jpg]

And here's a piece I'm currently working on. I'm working on this in Corel Painter IX and using my Wacom Inturos Tablet. My favorite "brush" to use is the conte crayons and then to experiment w/ different blenders. The great thing w/ Corel and the Inturos is that used together you get more options for your brushstrokes. For most of her face I used an oily blender and like how the effect is coming out, it's looking more like paint than conte crayons.

Anywhoo...I'll post a finished copy when I'm done :)

Luminara in progress....

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/SW%20Images/Luminara.jpg]

13. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice. Aren't you loving your Wacom tablet and Corel? I love them. I still use my mouse for straight photo manips, but for painting, I am never going back to the mouse. What program did you use to do the Leia and Han pic? That is a nice effect.

Keep up the good work.

AG88

14. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Very nice work, PLJ! =D=
    I especially like "Lord and Lady Vader" and "Jawa".

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I like the Han and Leia piece very much, PLJ--excellent selection of images for that! And your Luminara piece is lovely--it very much reminds me of an "old master's" impressionistic portrait, with the broad "brushstrokes" and lavish application of color. I love her eyes (don't forget to add in some "catchlights" there! ;) ), and the richness of the colors is great. It really looks like you're having fun with your new "tools!"

FF

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I do [face_love] my tablet. Good lord I don't know how I ever managed drawing w/ the clunky mouse before. Generally I still use the mouse for Manips also, but like for the Han and Leia one above, I had to bulid up the top of Han's head in the Falcon Kiss photo in lower left hand corner. I did that in Corel w/ my pen. Corel Painter and Photoshop work perfectly together and I now use them both so frequently I tend to always use Corel for something, even in my manips.

The Han/Leia was done in Photoshop using the Crackle effect. I only have Photoshop 7. CS has a few more effects and bells and whistles on it, but I don't feel too bad not having it at home.

Thank you, thank you for stopping by :D I really like the Lord and Lady Vader wallpaper too. I found a great picture of Padme w/ the firelight illuminating her face and just had to do a dark portrait of the couple :)

The Jawa is pretty cute too ;)

I've never really worked on drawings using background colors other than white, so this Luminara a bit of an experiment for me. The blenders are cool because if used in certain ways you can mix in the black background color also to help give shadow depth to your paint.

Don't worry about the eyes...I've already gone in and enhanced them. I should get her finished sometime this week :) Thanks for stopping by :D

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have 2 more manips that I recently created. I'm working on a series of photoshopped collages of my characters from my SW stories.

This one is of Raven Racees and Jacen Solo:

Raven & Jacen

(I don't know why but top image won't show up on the screen :(

Second is of our favorite head Jedi Master Luke and his lovely wife Mara [face_love]

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Mara%20and%20Luke%20Wallpaper2.jpg]

Anakin & Padme

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/AP%20Mush.jpg]

I'm still working on the Luminara, I've just been too tired this week to finish her off. I'll ger her up soon :)

18. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Great wallps! =D=
    Esp like Mara and Luke. You used lovely pictures. [face_love] (my favorites)

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Lovely new wallpapers, PLJ! I'm particularly fond of the Anakin/Padme piece, mostly because of the achingly beautiful quote you used--how very true! Lovely images in all of these, but the ones of Ani and Padme are some of my very favs, so it makes sense that I should be most fond of that one! ;) Beautiful work!

FF

20. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Cool wallpapers. :) I like the padme/Anakin one.

21. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I am loving the wallpapers! You have to know that my favorite is the one of Luke and Mara! Wonderful!

Keep up the great work!

AG88

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chilla

I love that comic book cover w/ Luke and Mara it's so romantic [face_love] [face_love] Thank you for stopping by!

FalconFan

I'm particularly fond of the Anakin/Padme piece, mostly because of the achingly beautiful quote you used--how very true!

I liked that quote when I saw it also, thought it was very fitting for A/P. I love A/P also, their story is so tragic and SITH just tears my heart up when I watch it :( :_| Glad you liked, thanks for coming by!

Anakin_Skywalker20

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed :)

AG88

Yeah I sorta did the L/M one for you :p Somehow I knew you'd enjoy it ;)

Alright so I have a few new wallpapers that I put together since my internet connection's been mostly down all weekend :mad:

These are the first's in a series of character wallpapers focusing on just one character. For each I'm experimenting w/ new techniques in photoshop. Anakin & Padme's both use gradiant backgrounds and I've been learning about Bevel and shadows for text.

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Dark%20Path%20Anakin%20800x600.jpg]

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Padme%20copy.jpg]

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Luke%20Wallpaper2%20copy.jpg]

Here are more of my fanfic covers - the Memories of my Beloved Alderaan I didn't do much w/ but I loved the picture I found and wanted to showcase it :)

I don't know why, but I'm relatively stuck on using the Poster Art filters. I try some of the other crosshatching ones but I end up completely dissatisfied with the end results. Oh well :p

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/US%20Cover%20Done%20800%20600.jpg]

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Memories%20of%20my%20Beloved%20Alderaan.jpg]

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Memoirs%20copy2.jpg]

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= Wonderful new wallps! The Alderaan pic is so beautiful. [face_love] it.

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Another group of very nice wallpapers/cover arts PLJ! In the w/p group, I think my favorite is the one of Anakin: the way you've layered the images is an obvious progression of his fall--it began with the rage of losing his mother, and ended when he was finally encased in the "black helmet" for good...excellent visual metaphor there. And I totally agree about the Memories of Alderaan painting--it's just beautiful, and deserves the "light touch" you gave it in using it--wonderful job! Nice additions!

FF

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow, you are really getting good at making those wallpapers. I love them all.

AG88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.