main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive PLJ's SW Fan Art Collection - 8/12 Anakin/Padme Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm just buzzing in w/a quick update from work...I'll add comments later :p

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Potato%20Wallpaper.jpg]

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Is that a potato masher on the end of that SpudTrooper's blaster barrel?? LOL!! [face_laugh] That's great, PLJ!! The little R2 upside down with bug-eyes is another great touch! Thanks for the laugh! :p

FF

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] Lol, I love it. Somehow they look cute. [face_laugh]

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chilla

Glad you liked my Memories of Alderaan cover and glad that I could make you laugh w/ the spud family photo :p

FalconFan

I think my favorite is the one of Anakin: the way you've layered the images is an obvious progression of his fall--it began with the rage of losing his mother, and ended when he was finally encased in the "black helmet" for good...excellent visual metaphor there.

I intentionally arranged the photos to show his progression down the dark path, I?m glad that someone noticed that :)

And I totally agree about the Memories of Alderaan painting--it's just beautiful, and deserves the "light touch" you gave it in using it--wonderful job! Nice additions!

I did do one slight adjustment to it, the picture originally was of, what I?d assume to be, Breha (sp?) holding Leia and I cloned out the baby so that it would more resemble Leia sitting amongst her memories :)

AG88

Why thank you! I?ve come to figure out why I?m currently so obsessed w/ doing wallpapers ? over the years I?ve done lots of manual mosaic work, putting together puzzles, and decoupage work ? so doing wallpapers is an extension of that crafting that I love doing w/o any of the mess involved :p

I?ve also been dying to make covers for all of my stories, so I?m rather in that zone. I do plan to move back to original artwork again?once inspiration hits me.

Is that a potato masher on the end of that SpudTrooper's blaster barrel?? LOL!! That's great, PLJ!! The little R2 upside down with bug-eyes is another great touch! Thanks for the laugh!

Hee hee ? yes, your eyes are not deceiving you that is a potato masher. Word of warning to all of you ? I?m a HUGE SW collector, so this is probably only the first of many wallpapers celebrating some of my favorite SW collectibles?the SW Darth Tater, Spudtooper and R2-DTater are some of my favorite silly items though and definitely deserved the first wallpaper treatment! :p

Alright so Spud family is on the previous page for those who missed it, here?s my latest wallpaper focusing on EU era Leia. A Jaina wallpaper will be coming soon?Enjoy!

Leia Organa-Solo

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, pretty new w/ps!

I just love the "Sea of Despair" piece, PLJ--what a heartbreaking quote, too (and I'm so jealous of your "writer's eloquence!" lol! ;) )! The images are beautifully chosen and arranged, and I like that you have Anakin and Padme together in a tender kiss in there, too--it really drives home the emotion of the quote. sniff--wipes away tear

The dress wallpapers are beautiful, and really do a wonderful job of showcasing the costumes--have you shared these over in the Costuming thread(s)? They'd probably love these over there!

And the last post of the Leia wallpaper, along with the one for Jaina are gorgeous--I like that you've included some of my favorite images of both these wonderful characters (especially liking the little "cartoony" image of Leia--where did you find that one? It's great!). Like mother like daughter, it seems, with all the tense expressions and brandished lightsabers! Great posts!

FF

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I [face_love] your wallpapers! They are so great, I think my fav is Leia. Would also like to know where you found that pic of Leia, looks very cool. I'm just a bit confused about the "flying" read lightsaber in Leia's wallpaper. Can't see the cylinder which should be on one end of it. Almost looks like Leia is using the force with her hand to levitate it.

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice work, PLJ. I especially like your wallpaper of Jaina. You did a great job at cropping her out and putting the wallpaper together. And her hair! I know how hard it is to crop out hair that is blowing all over! You must have taken a whole lot of time making up that wallpaper. Great job!!

AG88

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FalconFan

Thank you for the lovely comments! I really like how the "Sea Of Despair" wallpaper came out, I mellowed out the overall color tone to give it a more somber feel to it. I was looking for some sort of war bride quote but couldn't find one, so I pulled a quote from my own viggy instead :p

Humm maybe I'll share the FIDM ones over on the Costuming board after I've made more.

I love the Mother and daughter wallpapers too (when ARE they going to produce Japanese covers for the new trilogy so we can get new Jaina images???) The cartoony Leia was one that I think I found over at Dark Horse Comics site. My favorite in that wallpaper is the one w/ Leia holding out her blaster, that came from a comic book cover.

Thank you always for your comments! :D

Chilla

The "flying lightsaber" is actually a laser blast. I would've liked to have included more of them in the picture so you could figure out what they were but trying to crop around all of them would've been a nightmare. Glad you enjoyed!

AG88

Hee hee - yes, hair can be a royal pain to crop out, but luckily I'm very patient ;)

Here are 4 new wallpapers that I promised!

SW Black History Month Celebration

The Return of the Jedi

I was once a Jedi Knight

Asajj Ventress

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Great new wallpapers, PLJ!! The "Black History Month" piece is just wonderful, and a lovely showcase for some of our most beloved SW characters--what a great image of Lando you found for this one! The Luke piece is beautifully laid out--I really like the largest image, and the sort of ghostly one in the middle, which sort of emphasizes the mystery of the Force. The Obi Wan piece really tugged at my heartstrings, with the quote from old Obi Wan, and the central image of him staring in disbelieving horror at his former padawan pledging himself to the Sith Lord... :_| Lovely--and emotion is usually what captures me! The Ventress piece has some great images of her--the big one on the left has always been my favorite: she looks like she's positively luxuriating in the power of the Dark Side there... Another wonderful composition! You really do have a knack for choosing just the right images to use for these, and the layout and compositions are very, very good. Beautiful pieces once again!

FF

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FalconFan

I admit that I found a wallpaper website where the people there found the most amazing photos that I've been using for my pieces. The cool larger Luke and Lando came from there. Don't ask me where I find photos, I spend hours at night perusing the internet and clogging up my computer memory w/ images that find from all over the place 8-} I need to get a CD holder and start saving them all to disk.

I love that Asajj picture also. I remember seeing her as a possible villain for AOTC and always loved that picture and was so excited when they brought her on as a character for the CW cartoon series and books.

You really do have a knack for choosing just the right images to use for these, and the layout and compositions are very, very good.

There are a few reasons for this, first off I spent most of high school in the dark room and my time as a school photographer I developed a great eye for composition. Then I also have done a lot of regular photo collaging and decoupaging of photos for crafting in my life - so creating wallpapers is just an extension of that!

Glad you enjoyed my pieces :) One day, I promise to get back to actually drawing that is if I stop finding GREAT pictures 8-}

After playing around w/ filters I found a new look that I like for wallpapers - here are 2 more that I cranked out last night:

My Twisted Valentine's Card

Zam Wesell

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah...I already commented on the "Twisted Valentine" in the Art Challege thread... [face_laugh][face_sick]

I really like the Zam Wesell piece--she's one character I would love to have seen a lot more of, actually--not only was she beautiful (in her human guise) but she was bad-@$$ to boot! And don't we love that sort in the SW universe? :p :D Again--great images for this--the one on the left is just great (is that a painting...?)! Great job!

FF

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yes, I aim to gross out w/ my Valentine's Day card - but you know how could I resist when I found those 2 main pictures????

I love how the Zam piece came out. She's way cool and by far my favorite bounty hunter (not a Fett head here.) I too wish she could've been around for all of the prequels, but she got to die in the arms of 2 studly Jedi - not a bad death if you ask me ;)

Anywhoo - here are 2 more wallpapers:

Jacen Solo

The Child Queen

14. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Okay so the valentine card is really funny!!!!!![face_laugh]

15. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Love your new wallps. [face_love] =D=

The title of Padmè's wallpaper really fits. [face_thinking] I mean, I'm 14 and I don't think I would be able to manage a whole planet. (even a small town would be too much for me) Usually I don't like it when someone calls people from my age "children", but in this case.....well, she's really young. Maybe that's the strangest thing about TPM, could be the reason why I don't like the movie so much. (together with a few others like Jar-Jar..... :rolleyes: )

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I love your new WPs. I especially love the ROTJ one. That big photo of Luke is the best one I have ever seen of him. His eyes just captivate you. They are so blue.

I also like the one of Obi-Wan. I never seen photos of Alec and Ewan together. I didn't realize that they do have a passing resemblence to each other in their face structure. But boy, that Tatooine sun did a number on poor Obi-Wan's face. ;)

Your Valentine's Day Card just gave me the creeps... good job. :p

Can you please PM me the link to the WP site where you find the wonderful photos? Thanks!

Excellent work!

AG88

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Alishu06

Hee hee - glad you enjoyed!

Chilla

As time goes on I love TPM more and more, there's actually a lot of story in the film if you disregard the podracing, Jar-Jar's antics etc. The film presents itself as this perfect fairytale, yet if you watch it, knowing what's to come, the film's story is very dark w/ forboding and foreshadowing. Things that should seem happy - get turned on their head.

I love Queen Amidala as a character. George said that in the utopian world of Naboo - pure hearted, uncorrupted, and highly intelligent children were the leaders, then they would leave politics before they got too jaded. I thought Padme's Amidala was a great blend of that - we see throughout the saga how she changes and towards SITH, she just wants out because she's tired of it all - she wants a normal life. Unfortunately, that wasn't meant to be :( :_|

Glad you enjoyed my wallpapers :D

AG88

I love that picture of Luke also, it's so striking, and you're right it's probably the best picture ever for capturing his eyes.

Hee hee - I know poor Obi-Wan really aged in his seclusion. Tatooine was not kind to him :p

My Valentine's card was supposed to cause people to shudder and go eeewwwww! Hee hee! Yes, I'm twisted 8-}

My internet access has been wonky so only 1 wallpaper update for now. It's my first more photo, photo collage wallpaper. I like how it came out - this and the A/P stuff were my favorite moments in AOTC. Enjoy!

Anakin's Ride with Destiny

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I haven't really been in the SW zone. I did just finish a WP for the WP challenge thread though:

Princess Leia Organa ANH

I'm working on a cover for one of my fanfics that I'll post when it's done :)

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hi there!

So I have one new wallpaper to post. My sister and I sell and make customized Barbie dolls. I'm working on creating a series of wallpapers using the dolls that we make to include as a freebie gift for anyone who purchases from us.

This is my SW themed wallpaper that I created using one of the Mara Jade 11 1/2" figures that I created long ago and sold (but will be making another soon!)

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Mara_Luke_SWFF.jpg]

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi PLJ, and a big Wow on the Princess Leia w/p! Great images and a wonderful layout--you captured almost every mood she conveyed in that film! I don't know if I've ever seen that central image before (you really do search a lot for your material, don't you? ;) )--it's great--and the one of her with Vader in her detention cell is rather intimidating, with the steep angle looking past Leia up at the Dark Lord's grim helmet... I couldn't pull up "Anakin's Ride" for some reason. And I had a grin with your figures--Mara's costume is quite skimpy, isn't it? :D Sort of reminds me of some of AG88's more risque "Dark Mara" depictions! lol! Best of luck with your "business venture"--I hope you get lots of orders!

FF

21. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Heya PLJ! Haven't seen you around my thread in a while, but then again to be fair I haven't been to your thread in a while either! That Leia wallpaper is absolutely top notch! Great image quality, choice of images and compositing. RE the dolls, heh that gave me a chuckle. Nice work. I think Mara looks better in Barbie than Luke does in Ken, heh :) You should talk to Nidrail if you haven't already. She makes custom doll dresses and did one of them based off of Daru's holiday outfit.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hi FalconFan Glad you liked the Leia WP, After perusing a bunch of wallpapery websites I decided to try doing some photo layout types. I've fixed the link for the Anakin one above, so you can now view it :) I do search all over for SW photos. I tend to search for one character/theme then stick onto sites that have all sorts of great picture. I've found some wild, wacky and weird photos that way - my twisted Valentines card is proof of that :p

Glad you liked my Mara doll :D I love making those and have had great success at selling them :D

I haven't had a lot of computer time and since I hadn't been doing a lot of WPS, haven't been over here much. I'll have to check out your new scantily dressed ladies soon :p I did see Nidrail's doll - she looked awesome! Thanks for stopping by!

I hav3 4 new additions today. As mentioned before, expect to see more SW collectibles Wallpapers. I just love my SW toys and collectibles and wish more people would showcase them :D

New Collectibles Wallpapers:

Sideshow 12" Anakin Figure

Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker

Regular Wallpapers:

New Beginnings

Legacy of Darkness

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok, I'm on a roll here are 2 more WPs. The Tusken Raiders is by far my favorite that I think I've created yet! The filter that I came across in Photoshop gave it very arty looking. I think I've found a new favorite filter :D Only reason I'm not saying what it was because at the moment, I can't remember :eek:

Jawas

Tusken Raiders

24. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Ok, I love the Tuskens wallpaper! It just screams "RAAAAAAAGH. ROOO ROOO ROOO!!" That was my Tusken impression, if you couldn't tell...

25. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey PadmeLeiaJania! Thanks for sharing all your artwork - I really enjoyed looking at it! :) I especially like all your Padme work, as I think she's such an interesting character and also such a beautiful woman. I think I like the Pamde wallpaper with Leia's line from RotJ (she was very beauitful...) the best! Great job!

Also, where did you get that picture for the Memories of Alderaan cover? It's a gorgeous image!

Thanks and looking forward to more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.