main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Plot Bunny Donation and Index Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Plot Bunny Sock, Apr 30, 2015.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm going to try to update the index sometime this week. In the meantime, because I'm hoping that TFA plot bunnies can jump-start this thread, unless the mods say otherwise, spoilers will be allowed in this thread but spoiler tags MUST be used for the first two weeks (per the fanfic spoiler policy). Counting from the official U.S. release date of December 18, that would mean tags need to be used through January 1.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    brodiew - Look below, that's how it works:

Code:
    [spoiler]Your TFA stuff here[/spoiler]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    A TFA bunnie below:

1. Ben Solo has had visions his entire life. He saw the downfall of the new Jedi Order built by his uncle. He saw them die at his hand. He saw the rise of the First Order; saw himself leading the Knights of Ren. He saw his cousin rise from the sands of Jakku to restore the light to the galaxy once again. In the end, will he oppose Rey Skywalker, or help her?

Falcon and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Space Coral

My understanding of coral, is that new bits of garbage, or the sinking remains of deceased organisms land on existing coral reefs, and become amalgamated with it, making the coral reef grow larger.

That Baleen-class heavy freighter that has Rathtar loose in it; I can see other vessels docking with it over time, perhaps for salvage; then staying docked as their crews encounter the beasts, especially if they are able to penetrate into the new vessels.

The structure could grow as more ships dock and their crews encounter the same fate, just like coral.

Gamiel, gaarastar58, Tarsier and 2 others like this.
  5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    A few more bunnies.

1. Fourteen-year old Ben Solo is injured in a swoop bike accident and while he's in a coma, he sees his future as Kylo Ren. He sees himself killing all of Luke's Jedi students, kidnapping his young cousin, Rey, away from her parents and taking her to the remote desert world of Jakku, killing his father. When he awakens, does he tell his parents and aunt and uncle of his visions (dreams?), or does he stay quiet and let the future unfold as he saw?

2. Jacen Solo believed in things he could see, touch, taste and feel. He never put much stock in the idea that other universes existed parallel to his own, that some version of him might exist somewhere else, experiencing a near-duplicate life--until the veil between his universe and another was torn away and he met his other self; a young man calling himself Kylo Ren

Kahara and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Aaaah! I forgot about this! I need to do a better job of hosting this. Unfortunately, due to being busy for the next week, I'm not likely to get any indexing done soon, but I promise I will try to get it done once April arrives.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  7. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    No rush.:) I hope you won't have too many to index when you have a chance. I do have a few more. [face_blush] These next three are from an old Ben Skywalker thread from about a decade ago.

1. Mara died just hours after giving birth to Ben, leaving Luke alone to raise the newest heir to the Skywalker legacy. Life is going well until an old love reenters Luke's life. Now a young teenager, Ben is nothing but skeptical and distrustful of Calista Ming. Can father and son find a way to bridge the divide, or will Calista's presence separate them for good?

2. Ben Skywalker has spent the previous thirteen years being trained as a Jedi by his cousin, Jacen. Now, at just twenty-one years of age, Ben must challenge his teacher after Jacen embraces the dark side. At stake--galactic peace, the Jedi Order and most importantly; Jacen's soul and Ben's own life.

3. Ben gets thrown into the past and meets Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi and of course, his future grandparents Anakin Skywalker and Padme Naberrie. Telling them he is a Corellian Jedi and calling himself Ben Solo (no joke!:p Came up with that a decade ago), he accompanies the group back to Naboo to battle the forces of the Trade Federation, and Darth Maul.

Rather than just Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan battling Maul, Ben joins the fight as well. The three of them manage to defeat the Sith apprentice with Ben striking the killing blow, leaving Qui-Gon alive to train Anakin.

Moments after Ben kills Maul, he mysteriously disappears. Unknown to the others, the Force has sent Ben back to his own time, believing that Qui-Gon surviving with have changed Anakin's ultimate destiny. But, was Qui-Gon surviving to train Anakin enough?

When events unfold as before, the Force again sends Ben back in time. This time, he intercepts his grandfather as he follows Mace Windu to confront Palpatine. Answering Anakin's questions (I'm sure he had tons upon seeing Ben again), Ben hoped to convince Anakin to stay behind. Unsuccessful in that attempt, Ben goes with his grandfather, hoping to be the voice of reason when Anakin faces his destiny.

In the end, Ben succeeds in keeping Anakin from falling to the dark side by revealing to him the truth of who he is and of what the future holds for Anakin, Padme and their family if he falls. Palpatine launches a sudden attack on Ben, and acting on instinct, Anakin leaps to the defense of his grandson and slays Palpatine, fulfilling the prophecy and saving the lives of Ben and Mace in the process.

But Anakin's success has dire consequences for Ben. After having the chance to meet his grandmother once more, and to tell her who he is, Ben once again simply vanishes. Only this time, he hasn't gone back to his own time. This time he has ceased to exist. By changing the past, he has erased himself from existence. But he's left a blank canvas for his grandparents on which to paint their future--with their twin children.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh JediMaster_Jen - that last one, that last one. Someone needs to write that so I can devour it! =D= =D= [face_batting]

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Okay, i will admit i was inspired by a fan fic request elsewhere and i realized that it has potential but it's too similar to another non Star Wars fic I'm toying with and I don't want the two to have too much influence on each other right now.

The idea is that the characters of Star Wars are connected in some way to a psychiatric hospital where they are either patients or staff members. EXAMPLE ; Palpatine is the Chief Administrator, Anakin Skywalker is one of the head doctors while Mon Mothma is a patient convinced that Palpatine is some evil overlord poised to takeover the world with the help of Anakin (he's too young to have that position). Obi-Wan is a former soldier that believes he's a Super Space Ninja and that Anakin is one too along with orderlies Mace Windu and Kit Fisto and doctors Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn. Bail Organa as a very kind head doctor who Mon spends a lot of time talking too (mostly about how Palpatine is going to take over the world with the help of young Skywalker.

JediMaster_Jen and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Chibi_Krayt

Chibi_Krayt Jedi Padawan

Dec 2, 2015
    Here is a Phantom Menace bunny that's been gnawing my ankles. I was almost going to adapt it and use it with some OCs instead, but it just sounds better with the "real" cast. Maybe someone else can use it.

You know how when Darth Maul attacks on Tatooine, Anakin runs off to the ship while they fight? What if, instead, Anakin had been trailing a little ways behind Qui-Gon (presumably--but not necessarily--because he was still a little reluctant to leave his mother)? So instead of running on ahead as Qui-Gon (should have) told him, he is cut off and on the wrong side of them to be able to reach the ship. And somehow (maybe because they don't realize Anakin isn't on the ship?) the gang winds up leaving without him... leaving him with Darth Maul. Perhaps initially, Maul takes Anakin with him because he thinks Anakin will have overheard something that will give Maul a clue as to where the Jedi are taking Amidala. From there... anything. Kind of hoping it wouldn't turn into a fluff fic, but there are plenty of other options for what might end up happening.

And because bunnies always come in threes for me...

Attack of the Clones bunny:
    What if, instead of dragging out this war for years, Sidious had convinced Dooku that Palpatine was the Sith Lord and needed to be destroyed, and used Dooku's subsequent attack (or hired assassin or whatever works best) on "Palpatine" to convince the Republic that the Jedi had turned against them? Perhaps the Jedi take responsibility of Dooku at first and take him into custody--but then he tells them details that make them believe his case. The Jedi as a whole now know Palpatine is a probable Sith Lord, and he uses their hostility as an excuse to sic the clone army on them directly. Suddenly all of the Jedi are fugitives. The ones that survive, at any rate.

Revenge of the Sith bunny:
    Sidious tips off a popular tabloid to send a paparazzi spy cam to Amidala's apartment while Anakin is there. Anakin is alienated from the Jedi Order as his relationship with Padme becomes public knowledge--but it gets worse. Sidious tampers with Amidala's mind during a private meeting either before or shortly after her relationship with Anakin becomes public knowledge, and some other Jedi with underhanded intentions (Pong Krell?) comes forward claiming that the other Jedi Masters have been mind-controlling senators in order to influence the senate at large. Other Jedi (Yoda?) examine Padme and can confirm that her mind has been influenced via the Force--but they cannot tell that it wasn't Anakin's doing, or who was really responsible. Suddenly the Republic is distrustful of Jedi and Padme can't help being distrustful of Anakin.

Kahara likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Legacy/Legacy AU crossover: Cade Skywalker is not a great jedi; he is a good one but he is a bit too cocky, a bit too inpatient and a bit too flirty to be a great one and he is fine with that. He comes from a timeline where the Empire never allied with the One Sith and is contended with travelling the star ways looking for trouble to fix, evildoer to punish and women to flirt with. Now something have happened and he have arrived in a reality where the jedi have nearly been destroyed, the Empire control a large part of the galaxy and people he know have radically different lives.

Suggestions

• Cades sidekick/mechanic, who has travelled with him, is a Yuuzhan Vong (if GFFA people can run around using vong-tech why can there not be an vong who find GFFA-tech interesting).
    • Jedi Cade meeting people who know scoundrel Cade and the situations that comes from that.
    ---------------

One way or another* Anakin gets taken from the later stage of the Clone Wars and into the time of the Rebellion.

Suggestion 1: The future Anakin appear in is the one we know from the movies with a Darth Vader and all. Vader and Anakin share a Force connection Anakin don’t understand and Vader probably thinks come from Anakin being his clone or similar.

Suggestion 2: The future Anakin appear in is one where he disappeared in later stage of the Clone Wars but the empire still won. Palpatine has another apprentice (maybe he kept Dooku?) and it is possible that Amidala is still alive (if she kept the kids or sent them away to protect them is up to whoever use the idea), beside that so don’t I see much being different from the movies.

* Time travel; cryosleep; a hyperjump that did go completely wrong; a hole in reality; Waru; etc.

--------------

Han Solo gives Jaina the Millennium Falcon as an graduation present (or similar) there is just one catch: Han has revoked the Falcon’s flight permit and if Jaina wants to take her on a spin she has to go through a space vehicle inspection and get an approval. This means that she has to, among other things, fix all the Falcon’s jury-rigged system into something acceptable; remove all the hidden weapons or make them harder to detect; make the ships computer stop swearing; etc.

--------------

Mirta Gev wants to join Luke’s Jedi order.

--------------

Legacy-era: An Imperial Knight decide to quite and join the jedi order instead.

--------------

Mirta Gev decide to look up her kiffar heritage.

Kahara likes this.
  12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm so sorry for letting the sock for this thread fall inactive. I simply lost the motivation to run the sock. I would like to put out a request for someone else to take over the sock and maybe get this thread really going.

If you are interested in taking over the Plot Bunny Sock, please send a private message to me directly (not the sock) so we can discuss details. Be aware that any such private conversation may have mavjade and/or Briannakin added to it at any time.

Thanks to those users who have continued to post bunnies for keeping this thread going in the sock's absence, and again, I'm sorry for letting the sock go inactive for so long.

13. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    1. An Invincible AU where Caedus captures Jaina corrupts her and together they nearly destroy the Jedi and rule as the "Twin Sith Lords" the survivors have to align with Krayt's sith to overthrow them.
    2. A proper conclusion in terms of Legends main characters. Luke
    Dies in 81 ABY at 100 years old. Ben runs into Vestara a few more times and eventually redeems her and they father Kol and Nat around 70 and 75 ABY. Ben dies around 100 ABY after having been grandmaster for thirty years. Leia dies in 72 ABY and Han in 68 ABY both living into their 90s. Jaina and Jag father Fel II in 56 ABY. Jaina dies towards 87 ABY. Allana becomes queen after tenel ka dies in 65 ABY and rules until her own death in 105 ABY. All other NJO Jedi from YJK till Crucible are dead by 115 ABY.
    3. A trilogy is written about the Vong in the intergalactic void with flashbacks of their home Galaxy.
    4. A short story around 500 ABY about a revived ex-gal program and the first GFFA forays into other galaxies.
    5. A Vergere Novel. Detailing her life as Jedi, a sith(still hate the retcon) have her candidacy with palpatine explored and have her fool Lumiya with regard to Jacen they conspire to make him a sith but have differing goals with what he does with it.
    6. A story of a covert meeting between Palpatine and Yuuzhan Vong agents with them discussing various competing and aligning insidious plans.
    7. A novel detailing the life of Darth Krayt from Xoxaan to around DNT.
    8. A war novel about the human uprisings against the Rakata in 26,000 BBY.
    9. A novel about King Adas of the Sith.
    10. Various fics exploring the Jedi and the republic from 24,500 BBY till the hundred years darkness.
    11. A Jacen/Alema Rar fanfic where Jacen redeems and then falls in love with Alema Rar.
    12. A fanfic of Darth Gravid and his life and struggles.
    13. A Jacen-Tenel Ka-Danni Quee love triangle around TSW. Paralleling Jaina-Jag-Zek.
    14. A Caedus-Tahiri fic set around Invincible. AU.
    15. A Jacen-Tahiri fic from end of NJO to beginning of LOTF time period.
    16. Any story with a human/Chiss pairing.
    17. A work of fiction set IU can be any genre though preferably Fantasy/Sci Fi.
    18. Novelization of Dark Empire, novelization of KJA stories Sadow, Kressh, Daragons, Qel Droma, Khun and so forth.
    19. An AU where Luke actually joins the Emperor in Dark Empire.
    20. An AU where Luke and Galen Marek met.
    21. A far future fanfic where GFFA has become Galaxies Far Far Away.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Would read 2, 3, 7 and 8. :) Anything that leads up to Cade & co!

Also, 16 has been done on this board and it was QUITE big for a while!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Since this thread has popped back up, I'm going to repeat this:

In addition to that, I now have a new job that takes up more of my time, and so it is now a lack of both motivation and time keeping me from working on this. I really don't want to see this thread die, so I would really like to see someone volunteer to take it over. It would be interesting to see some kind of challenges run in this thread, to keep it active even when new plot bunnies aren't coming in at the moment. If you are interested in this, please send me a PM as described above so we can talk about it.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Since I'm filled with such energy I will continue...
    1. Jacen spares Nelani Dinn in Betrayal-she laters becomes his sith apprentice/redeems him.
    2. Expansion of previous #2-Daala dead by 60 ABY, Fett died around 70 ABY, Vestara Khai dies around 103 ABY. Lando Calrissian dies a 66 ABY. Lando Junior dead by 120 ABY. All FOTJ/LOTF politicians/minor characters dead by 120 ABY. Wedge Antilles passes away around 97 ABY. Iella 117 ABY. Surviving Lost Tribe members killed/integrated into One Sith/a few join the Jedi.
    3. Portions of LOTF from Lumiya's perspective
    4. Conclusion to TFU-Vader escapes Galen(clone) killed, ANH occurs less than a year after.
    5. Yuuzhan Vong Jedi sometime after Legacy.
    6. Cade/Deliah marriage-causing a stir among Zeltrons. First mixed species skywalkers born not long after.
    7. Cade actually joins the sith-Krayt prevails every being inducted in some fashion into Sith Order. Cade eventually overthrows Krayt and rules far into the future(thousands of years) as the final dark lord.
    8. LOTF AUs: Ben becomes Caedus apprentice-Caedus succeeds in all respects, Lumiya targets Jaina-final duel reversed roles between the twins. Jacen kills Boba Fett AU Bloodlines. Luke goes dark AU Inferno-sith empire worse than Palpatine under Sith Luke.
    9. Leia discovered as Vader's daughter in ANH joins the Sith overthrows the emperor and rules by her father's side.
    10. Surviving Sith species into legacy era-Sith Jedi
    11. Insectoid Jedi-can be killik, geonosian, verpine or et al.
    12. Exploration of the relationship between the force and non-force religions amongst the inhabitants of the Galaxy
    13. Militaristic hutts-after FOTJ in response to slave rebellions and failure of reunification abandon Kajidic.
    14. Resurgence of slug-throwers(firearms) various short stories 350 ABY.
    15. Story of the celestials building Corellian system. Have human POV. Story where Sharu encounter them retreat into primitivism.
    16. Map of the Yuuzhan Vong Galaxy-description of various species that inhabited it. Eventual contact between YV Galaxy and GFFA made.
    17. Short story detailing Nagai-Tof war and exploring Satellite Galaxy firefist.
    18. Novella set during pius dea crusades.
    19. DNT AUs: Jaina inadvertently kills Jag. Jaina and Zekk get together. Han and Leia discover Allana's parentage. Have Lomi Plo or Welk taken into Jedi custody and spilling the beans about the One Sith.
    20. NJO AU: Mara killed by Yomin Carr Vector Prime, Both Jaina and Jacen captured circa Traitor achieve force oneness fighting their way out their captivity and unity of mind. Jaina/Ganner pairing. Nom Anor survives TUF, Yuuzhan Vong make alliance with the empire-GFFA forced to "liquidate the Remnant." The Yuuzhan Vong invade naboo and nearly destroy the gungans.
    21. Palpatine resurrected around Tempest LOTF-chaos ensues.
    22. Novel about the first great schism both from the Jedi's perspective and Xendor's and Arden Lyn's.
    23. Novel-politics focused dealing with formation of the republic 25,000 BBY.
    24. Series of novels about the banites-from Zannah to Tenebrous.
    25. Short story about humans fighting for the separatists during the clone wars.
    26. Yuuzhan Vong Victory-new rebel alliance formed from Insiders.
    27. Novel going farther than ever-exploring force ghosts, the mystical aspects of the force, exploring what happens when non-force users die. Showing Chaos and so forth.
    28. Jedi/Sith reunification-philosophical implications, challenges, and consequences.
    29. LOTF AU Jacen is coaxed into surrendering in Invincible-introspective and lot of angst.
    30. Luke/Shira Brie fanfic rebellion era-maybe explore Lumiya's feelings toward Luke and how that influenced her actions in LOTF.
    31. Fanfic exploring various political ideologies in Star Wars-is there a Star Wars equivalent of Marxism? Liberalism? Nationalism-or I guess Species chauvinism? Maybe a novella dealing with academic life in Star Wars-from archaeology, to philosophy, to school days...
    32. Novella during Yuuzhan Vong War-perspective of the peace brigade
    33. Maybe to top it off-a moment far in the future where all beings in the GFFA ascend to a higher plane of existence putting the force into perpetual balance?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    * Sometime after YJK - could be during NJO, past it or in some AU-timeline - the NR, GFFA or whatever your fic use decide to throw out the jedi for some reason. The jedi find themselves taken in by the Hapes Consortium and establishing a temple on Dathomir.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So what does everyone think of my exhaustive fanfic wish lists? What do you like? What do you not like? Is there anything I missed?

19. Plot Bunny Sock

Plot Bunny Sock Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2015

A lot of great ideas there!

ATTENTION: Per my previous announcements (through my regular account), I was seeking a new host for this thread and have now found one. This will be the last post by this sock under the control of jcgoble3. Everyone, please welcome Gamiel as your new thread host and master of this sock! I'm not sure what Gamiel has planned, but I'm sure it will be awesome. :D Any sock posts after this one are being made by Gamiel.

So long, and thanks for all the bigger fish plot bunnies!

divapilot and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks previous incarnation and good riddance, what was I thinking with that hat?

Sith-I-5, Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Have updated the index (if I have missed any bunnies give me a call) and created a new post for the Force Awakening based bunnies.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Is anyone interested in pursuing a far future intergalactic colonization fic? Or perhaps a distant past one?

In 40,000 ABY the Galaxy is finally and decisively unified and launches combined expeditions across the Void spreading the wonder of the GFFA across them cosmos...

Perhaps a celestial Rakata war fanfic in encyclopedias style or better mythic style. Something to do with the force demons and Mnngal-Mnggal as well.

Canon/Legends Crossovers(allowed?)

1. Galaxies meet-the legends Galaxy and canon Galaxy are put on top of one another, joined together, merged?
    2. The Vong at the beginning of Vector Prime invade TFA canon instead?
    3. Interactions between legends and canon characters-what would Mara think of Canon Luke's
    Beard? What would Jacen think of Kylo? Rey of Jaina? How would the FO and Imperial Remnant size each other up?
    4. Would Krayt make fun of Snoke's nose?

Various other worldbuilding stuff-such as the grid of coruscant
    2. Sub species and sub races
    3. Different ecosystems of movie planets
    4. Exploration of mystical force concepts
    5. Different POV's-what do the average citizens think of the Jedi's baby stealing?
    6. Perhaps a manual for integrating atmospheric and space combat? How would that work? Underwater dogfights?
    7. Revisionist history-far future what if a long time after the Legacy comics historians and general public(IU) started viewing the Jedi and skywalkers in particular through a more negative lense?
    8. Vong Galaxy stories, species, and force groups nuff said.
    9. Various academic treatises-Comparative Galacitc mythology and ethnography by Corellia Antilles?
    10. Taung-Zhell wars
    11. That object Cronal was interested in that existed before the celestials.
    12. LOTF from Lumiya's perspective beginning of Betrayal to the end of Sacrifice.
    13. AU-Luke Shira Brie fanfic
    14. Palpatine is resurrected circa LOTF-things go...bad
    15. Cade and Marasiah and Deliah and Darth Talon have a swimming party(have to be 18 or older)
    16. Story of a lonely traveler going to Zeltros-details details
    17. What if the Vong gods were real? Not just distorted representations of Yuuzhan'tar?
    18. Accounts of the Jedi during the Corusacant-Alsakan conflicts
    19. War story of human/duros led slave rebellions against the Rakata.
    20. Darth Caedus and Tahiri fall in love in Caedus last days-angsty story-Tahiri gives up the baby.

What'd ya think?

jcgoble3 and PCCViking like this.
  23. Chibi_Krayt

Chibi_Krayt Jedi Padawan

Dec 2, 2015
    For the swimming party one, somehow I misread "Talon" as "Sion". The mental image I got was rather... different from what you probably intended.

I love worldbuilding, especially when it pertains to nature. Just imagining how different species got where they are (Sleens on Dagobah and Dromund Kaas?) can lead you down some interesting plot bunny trails.

But I didn't come here to adopt any bunnies today, I wanted to drop off this one weird bunny I just found.

You know how many stories there are in which an author writes themselves into the story and uses their knowledge to change the course of events. And there are a decent number of fics in which an official character travels back in time and also uses their knowledge to change the course of events. I know a lot of people hate self inserts but I think it could be pretty interesting to have a mashup of the two.

Say that a "self insert" type character (doesn't have to be a real person, just a native Earthling like us) appears in the Star Wars universe. But wait--one of the canon characters appears nearby around the same time and seeks them out. The canon character is older than they should be at this point in the timeline. They have traveled back in time to change the timeline with the insert's help, claiming that in their time, they knew the insert character personally.

The "self insert" knows what is supposed to happen in the normal storyline, but the official character who came back remembers a different, alternate timeline--one that resulted from the changes the insert made the first time around! For various changes the insert wants to make to the timeline, the official character may have a reason why it's a bad idea--citing some repercussions in the alternate timeline that resulted from the insert making that change.

Does the insert trust the future!official character? Does future!official character want to help them along, or control their activities to keep them from causing too much damage? Or even use them to their own ends? I didn't say they had to be one of the good guys. Just imagine if the person claiming to want to help you was somebody like Palpatine, Malgus, or the like. Some events that occur during the story might bear out their claims, but does that mean everything they say is reliable?

The future!official character has probably also observed the insert character's personality change over time as well (depending on how much time passed), so they know the insert as someone different from who they are now. And future!insert might not have been a better person...

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So a sort of self-insert/AU/time travel mix-I'd be game. Yeah-Sion would make the party a little less...inviting. And worldbuilding I think would be beneficial as well.

Subverting the planet of hats trope might have benefits.

A Hutt that isn't a criminal, a givin who struggles at math, a muun that dislikes banking, and so forth and so on.

What do the jensaarai, the Aing Tii, and the fallaanasi think of the eternal Jedi-Sith dance would be an intriguing area to explore.

Maybe heaven forbid an exploration of the anti-force concept Waru(Ahhh!) brought up?

What about inserting earth itself? Say Earth 2016 is taken completely to the Star Wars Galaxy say in 40 ABY. Fun fun fun.

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Excuse me?