main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Plot Bunnyish] The fan fic that could be great or could be horrid

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lyart_Triath, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyart_Triath

Lyart_Triath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    So I'm sitting here tinkering, with Gundam-W playing in the background, working on crossover idea with some of my original fics. When I was thinking "How cool would this idea be if I used it in a fan-fic". Basically the idea goes that that all the "universes" in my original fic stories are spun-off one "master" universe. And when things start up that pull all the universes together a single "prime" universe arises from the ashes. So, naturally, my twisted little brain came up with this idea: Imagine if Gundam, SW, ST, Macross, Battlestar Galactica, etc...basically any and every sci-fi/anime show out there, went through something similar and what was left was a AU universe that was a mix of characters and tech. This is one of those fan-boyish ideas that could go great or turn out to be a horrid train wreck of geek moments. But I thought it was screwball enough to share.

2. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I would go insane... in a not so great way... but I think others would love it, lots... it may well hook one of my friends on fan fics... please write it!!! (good to know other people love Macross)

3. Lyart_Triath

Lyart_Triath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    I'm seriously thinking about doing this one-- already started tinkering characters and such in my head, this one could even turn into a roundrobin sort of thing, with each writer working in the universe their most comfortable and one or two writers hadnling the "core" storyling...fates help me the gears are already turnin my head [face_devil] Though I'd probably go insane from writing this one.

I think that Macross is second only to Star Wars in terms of being good space-opera. In fact I think in a couple of things Macross surpasses Star Wars in storytelling; such as actually having main character die midway through the series and people still dealing with "years" (series time that is) down the road and throughing in really complex social issues into the mix that aren't settled in a single episode.

Star Trek-- at its height-- used to be great for doing this sort of thing (which one of the reasons I became a Trekkie) just lately, with Voyager and Enterprise, the franchise has lost a lot of the "oomph" it used to have. Probably explains why I focus more on SW these days.

4. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    You forgot the most recent wonderful Sci-Fi show, that has so wrongfully been cancelled, FARSCAPE. Although, I already have plans for a Farscape/SW crossover. It's just it won't be for a while until I really get to work on it. I have to see how season four ends first. *sigh* I miss you, John, Aeryn, Dargo, Naranti, Chiana, Rygel, Pilot, Scorpy, and Sikuzu!!!! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.