main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Poe Dameron in Resistance

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    As we all know a new Star Wars show is coming to Disney XD this fall.

Our favorite Resistance Pilot has also been confirmed for the show so here is a thread to discuss him in the soon coming show.

PS. Mods when a new category is added can you put it under the Resistance tag?

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Probably won't make much more than a cameo. Good chance Jess and Snap appear as well since they are also movie characters.

Sounds like this is largely going to take place prior to the Poe comic.

podjazd and Snafu55 like this.
  3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Probably the new recruits CO?

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ask and ye shall receive.

revan772 likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think he will probably be Lando in Rebels" a few brief appearances, but not main cast or anything.

6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    he'll probably still be part of the NR as he didn't really join the resistance until the book "Before the Awakening" which is near the events of TFA.

7. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Glad that they've managed to get Oscar Isaac himself!

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Really? Doesn't he have a comicbook series about his adventures as a Resistance pilot though?

Running into him while he is still with the NR would be pretty interesting though. I hope that is the case.

9. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Speaking of Lando, hopefully he'll make an appearance and we can finally see what he's been up to since ROTJ.

10. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    The comicbook takes place literally right before the events of TFA.
    I really hope we get to see him in the New Republic Navy. And see him growing more and more skeptical with the New Republic letting the FO off more and more.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah the comic book focuses mainly on the search for Tekka when the FO is already a known threat. This series seems to take place prior to that when they are just learning about the FO.

12. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Or finding out about them?

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it would be neat to have the new characters gossip over rumors about Commander Dameron forming an elite unit for the Resistance that ends up being Black Squadron. I can see Poe swooping in from time to time to save Kazuda's squad when they get themselves into trouble that they wouldn't be able to get out of alone.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Actually, I think Poe Dameron will make more than just a cameo appearance in this show. Although the new hot shot pilot on the block, Kazuda Xiono, will probably be the lead Character (Oscar Isaac's schedule is probably too full for Poe to be the lead), I think Poe will be a strong presence in the Series. The reason why? I have always thought they would try to get BB-8 in a Star Wars Animated Series at some point; and there he is right there in the first Series Announcement Banner. BB-8 will appear heavily in this show; and since BB-8 is Poe's droid, Poe will need to appear with him. ;)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Snafu55 and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    EDIT: Nvm - didn't notice was on Poe Dameron thread.

16. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Hmmm, you may be right; I don't remember who was or wasn't mentioned in the original Official Star Wars Rebels announcement. But considering that they do mention this new Character Kazuda Xiono, by name, in the Official Star Wars Resistance announcement, I am assuming that he will be the new Lead Character of this Series; unless they haven't Cast the actual Lead Character yet. Though if that were the case, I would think that they would wait until the Casting was complete. [face_dunno]

Snafu55 likes this.
  17. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    I'm hoping he plays the same role Ahsoka did in Season one of Star Wars Rebels so rather than a main character he occasionally contacts Xiono via the BB-8 unit he assigns to Xiono.