main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Pokemon: Kanto

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Master Vo, Jan 6, 2021.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    OOC: That's okay!

IC: Yukiko
    Viridian City

"His Pokemon was stolen." Yukiko answered politely. She wrung her hands in front of her, but Officer Jenny seemed like she really wanted to help them. "Two pokemon were stolen from Professor Oak's lab this morning too. I was trying to follow the thief when I came across Jake."

Yukiko looked at Charmander and frowned. "We thought that the Police would be the best place to go for help." She looked back at Officer Jenny.

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Viridian City

Officer Jenny frowned again. There was something messy about these robberies, and yet something strangely organized, considering the thief was able to slip away so quickly.

"You don't happen to have a descriptor of the thief, do you?" She asked, before kneeling closer to the ground and placing a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"I'm just trying to help, but if you want to go home that's okay." She comforted, before the boy gave a small nod and sniffed again.

She stood back up, dusting herself off and looking back to Yukiko.

"Anything can help. D'you know if they were with a group?"

@TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Viridian City

"I don't know. But they used smoke to cover their tracks. And the thief was wearing a cloak. I couldn't get a good look at them." Yukiko answered. She felt bad she couldn't be of more help.

"I'm sorry. But they were really fast." Yukiko added quickly.

4. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Viridian City

Officer Jenny nodded with understanding.

"It's alright. But, what you said about smoke... I noticed that there was a trail of some kind of mist. It trailed off into Route 2, I didn't think much of it... Anyways, night's almost here and I doubt that the assailant would try and make their way through Viridian Forest in the dark."

Officer Jenny crouched down to the boy again.

"Do your mom and dad live close by?" She asked, and the boy nodded.

She stood up, and looked to Yukiko again.

"I should help this kid out. There's an Inn nearby that let's trainers stay for free, and a Pokemon center close by too. Do you think we could meet early tomorrow to try and find the thief in the forest? In the meantime, I'll post a report of the description." She asked Yukiko.

@TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Viridian City

Yukiko nodded, and tried to process the information. Officer Jenny wanted her to help? I feel like a detective. She smiled up at her. "Yes. Should we meet here Officer Jenny?" She asked.

I'm glad there is a hotel nearby. I should probably go to the Pokemon Centre first though. To get Charmander and Rattata looked at. I can call mom and dad too. Unless the hotel has video phones?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  6. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    OOC: Sorry for another delay! Gonna timeskip to the morning so I can get the ball rolling. Feel free to write about what Yukiko does inbetween.

Viridian City, Early Morning

As dawn began, the sun rising over Viridian City, Officer Jenny waited just by the beginning of Route 2, waiting for Yukiko so the two could begin their search.

Officer Jenny had helped young Jake get back home safely, and filed a report on the mysterious 'Trenchcoat Thief'.

Now, she was fully prepared to execute a manhunt for the thief. With what appeared to be some serious Pokemon theft, it wouldn't go unnoticed. Moreover, it could lead to a big break on either Team Rocket or the other reported Pokemon thefts in Kanto. If she was especially lucky, it would lead to both.

As Yukiko would approach Officer Jenny, she would hail her over.

"C'mon! Are you ready to find the thief?" She yelled in question.

@TheSilentInfluence

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Viridian City

The Night Before

Yukiko felt better after she had agreed to meet with Officer Jenny in the morning and had visited the Pokemon Centre to heal Charmander and Rattata. She wasn't sure how they would react to each other after fighting, but as she lounged in her hotel room; she watched the two of them play a game, a mix of chase and hide and seek and smiled to herself. I still have to call mom and dad. She frowned a little at that and turned to the video phone in her room.

The hotel room wasn't extravagant; a bed a bathroom and a wardrobe. But it would do for the night. Yukiko expected this would be her most comfortable night fora while, that most of her nights would be spent under the stars. She shook her head and quickly called her mother, realising it was getting late.

"Hi honey!"

"Hi Mom. I made it to Viridian City." Yukiko smiled at her.

"Already? That was fast." Her mother looked pleased. "I heard from Professor Oak you picked out a Charmander."

"Yes. She's really great!" Yukiko felt proud.

"I'm not surprised considering how much you admire Dragon Trainers." Her mother laughed and Yukiko felt embarrassed.

"Yes well...." Yukiko laughed nervously.

"It's the same way you're father feels about electric types." Her mother added.

"I know." Yukiko answered.

"Well you had better call you're father." Yukiko's mother told her. "I love you sweetheart."

"Love you to Mom. Bye!" Yukiko hung up the video call and paused before she dialed her father's number. It rang a few times before his face popped up on the screen.

[​IMG]

"Yukiko! Look who it is Raichu!"

Raichu let out an excited yell, and Yukiko laughed as Charmander jumped on her lap to get a look. "Hi Dad. Hi Raichu!"

Raichu waved at Charmander who greeted him back and jumped off Yukiko's lap, and she turned to look at her Father.

"So you chose a Charmander huh? I shouldn't be surprised. You always were a little stubborn." Surge smiled at her. "She looks strong though you picked a good Pokemon."

Yukiko let out an uneasy breath. "Uh...yeah."

"I remember when I was your age. Thought I could conquer the world." Surge looked happy, and paused when he saw the distraught look on her face. "What's wrong?"

"Uh...just homesick Dad that's all." Yukiko swallowed hard and wiped her eyes. "I guess I just miss Mom and you a lot."

"You'll do alright Yukiko." Surge told her. "I know your mother worries but she really doesn't need to. I saw how capable you were every summer you came to Vermillion. You're going to be a remarkable trainer, and you can defeat anyone who says otherwise."

"Thanks Dad." Yukiko wiped her eyes. "You won't tell Mom I'm homesick will you?"

"Nah. She's got enough worries." Surge grinned at his daughter. "I have to go and eat now. But you call me when you reach Pewter City okay? I'll give you some tips before your Gym Battle."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too Yuki-Chan." Surge smiled again, and hung up.

Yukiko turned off the video phone and turned towards the bed. That wasn't too bad. I'm surprised he didn't push the whole greatest trainer thing more. Maybe he's just saving that for when I see him in person. Yukiko sighed. I had better get to bed. I have a big day tomorrow.

The Next Day

Yukiko had packed up and ran to meet Officer Jenny at their designated meeting spot. She wasn't sure if they would find the person but she hoped they could at least save the Pokemon from the thief. "I'm ready Officer Jenny." Yukiko told her as she ran up to the Police Officer. Charmander let out a noise of agreement from her shoulder. "Lead the way!" And let's catch this thief.