main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

POLICY: VIPs and Titles

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Do you know of someone who's in that position?

2. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    In that case their title would be "Icon Maker Emeritus."

Seriously though, wasn't there already an established policy that "Active Icon Makers" had to maintain a certain level of productivity to obtain and keep their title?

3. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    How often are the updates where something is uploaded?

Every few updates, chose the top 5 (or whatever number is reasonable) people who had the most submissions uploaded, and give them a short-term VIP/title.

4. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    I must have missed that ignant.

It was a hypothetical addition to the discussion DLM ;)

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    My apologies Tracy, I should have been more specific. I meant the five people who have the most icons chosen. You could do this on a month-by-month basis, to avoid people who no longer post having VIPship - either the five people (or less) who have the most icons uploaded in a particular month get rewarded, or their VIPship is up for "renewal" at the end of each month based on the total uploaded icons and continued activity. Personally I like the first (alter the numbers to suit however many icons get uploaded), because it eliminates stagnancy and reduces the potential to dominate the VIP titles.

Edit: wow, that's somewhat similar to what carmen posted before me. Teach me to check for the last page...

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Seriously though, wasn't there already an established policy that "Active Icon Makers" had to maintain a certain level of productivity to obtain and keep their title?

Yes, but it's not very high, and it's dependant on participation, not having icons chosen.

I tend to upload about 30 icons a month. Sometimes like with clone wars and ROTS we upload more, though.

7. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Mods have no need for titles either. They are merely a convenience, not a necessary feature to the running of the forums.

This is just too amusing. I think you need to go back and read some of my posts. Once again you're missing the point. Or maybe you're blatantly ignoring what I'm saying and then throwing the same argument in my face? How many times have I said that I admit there is an issue regarding the fact that mods may not actually need titles altogether? If you ignore that issue, which is entirely different from what we're discussing I'm sure you'll make sense of my point.

If not, I'll say it again in black and white. Irrelevant of whether titles are redundant or not (yes, I said IRRELEVANT of whether titles are redundant or not), mods DO have a use, presently, for the titles feature, however small. Let's just ignore the fact that they're redundant, and look at it from this point of view. Users don't have any information to provide to other users. Moderators do. Hence the reason they use titles, however redundant they may be. And there you have it. Moderators DO have a use for titles, however small or redundant. Regular users don't have any use at all. At least moderators use the feature to provide some information. What would regular users use the titles feature for?

Huh. I'm actually expecting you to come back and say once more "...but moderators don't have a use for titles either". ;)

8. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Since other game hosts (Roger_Lodge and Mara-Jada-Skywalker) are VIPs to highlight there names and draw attention to the game, will the Mafia Game host be given VIP status since that too is a sanctioned YJCC game?

9. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    If Mafia gets it, so should the Box Office Thread :p

MolemanEdit: What do you mean it isn't a game thread. The winner gets mock-colors and it's as grueling as any other competition. You have to use your knowledge and instinct to win.

10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    The Box Office Thread isn't a game thread. :p

11. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    I can understand Roger Lodge's colors because its a temporary sock (at least I think it is...) but the hogwarts house cup person... I just do not see why she gets colors...

12. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Agreed. Roger is a mod sock, so there is no inherent benefit to the VIPship. Unless that is the case, regular usrs should not get VIPship simply for hosting a game. Regis does jsut fine without VIPship, so why should anyone else get it?

13. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    Maybe everyone who starts a thread should be made a VIP.

14. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I'm a former RSA and thus entitled to VIP status which comes with red lettering and title. I used to like it but as I no longer act as mod, manager or RSA I don't see the point.

I resigned because I wanted to be an ordinary member again so have recently asked for my title, colours and access to private forums to be revoked.

I'm loving it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.