main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Saga - PT Political Complexity: A Clone Wars Story (Obi-Wan & Anakin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Deliveranze, May 4, 2020.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Opening crawl:

"The Trade Federation's supply line on the jungle world of Hanak V is under attack from local insurgents who want the greedy Nute Gunray to leave. The insurgent leader claims that the Federation is taking resources from the planet and shipping them to fuel the Separatist war machine. However, due to the Federation's claim of neutrality in the Clone War, and their influence in the Senate, the Chancellor sends two Jedi Knights and a clone garrison to protect the Federation's interests on Hanak V...."

The roar of a Republic Star Destroyer rips through the space above Hanak V as it leaves hyperspace. Captain Ozzel turns to a deck crewmember on the bridge of the ship.

"Report," demands the young, baby-faced captain who sported a brown mustache.

"Sir, the ship has entered the atmosphere. A transmission from the Federation base states that Senator Lott Dod is on the surface. They are awaiting our garrison."

"Good. I will tell the General."

In the living quarters, Obi-Wan Kenobi walks down the hall corridor. He has not seen Anakin since breakfast and is worrying about him. Anakin did not seem too thrilled to be protecting property of Nute Gunray. Obi-Wan couldn't blame him, but Anakin never seemed to grasp the nuances of political maneuvering. He thought back to that time during their mission to Fondor when Anakin was still a Padawan. A civil war engulfed the planet, and the Jedi were sent to protect the monarch due to his connections with the Republic. However, there was reasonable evidence that the monarch was using illegal weaponry and a privatized mercenary army to commit war crimes against the civilian population. Anakin complained about their position and threatened he would quit the Jedi if the Republic didn't help the people. Obi-Wan couldn't exactly remember how he calmed Anakin's nerves that time, but he worries this crisis can turn into another incident like that one.

When Obi-Wan enters Anakin's quarters, he notices Anakin tinkering with the rotors in his mechanical right arm. He can sense Anakin's disapproval.

"I thought you might be here," Obi-Wan speaks with a mix of jest and calm tone.

"Captain Ozzel has informed me that Senator Dod is expecting us and Commander Reg has the 478th Legion ready for deployment."

Anakin didn't bother to look up. Obi-Wan thought at first maybe it was because he was focusing on using an electropick to turn rotors and didnt want to shock himself, but he knew the real reason.

"I don't get it," Anakin murmurs. "We know the Federation is guilty. You saw that slime, Gunray, on Geonosis. So why are we using valuable resources to protect our enemy's property?"

Obi-Wan frowns.

"Anakin, the Confederacy is our enemy, not the Federation. They are a corporation. As greedy as they might be, they only supply the CIS for business reasons, not treason."

"And you really believe that?" Anakin finally looks at Obi-Wan. "Don't you remember Naboo? How a Sith Lord killed Master Qui-Gon? How that same Sith was assisting the Federation in taking over Pad..."

Anakin hesitates and then looks down again. "Senator Amidala's homeworld."

Obi-Wan knew he had to tread carefully. "Anakin, believe me. I'm not happy about this mission anymore than you are, but you must understand politics may get in the way of what is morally just. As a Jedi, we are sworn to uphold the Republic's interests."

Anakin stands up from his bunk. "If being a Jedi means we fail to do the right thing....then what's the point?" Anakin grabs his black glove and lightsaber off a desk and walks out of the room.

Obi-Wan sighs.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Part II: Landing at Airblock Station

Commander Reg adjusts his tunic, looking at the orange-red stripes on his Phase II clone armor. Reg never liked security missions. Always on some forgotten planet, protecting Republic interests from a supposed Separatist attack that never came. The 478th Legion had gained a good reputation during the war surrounding security operations. Reg remembered his first mission where he won a Republic Gallantry Medal for holding off battle droids from a fuel station on Jabiim. Depressing to think there would be no heroism in helping businessmen protect their resources.

Reg lets out a breath before putting the helmet over his head. Like Commander Skywalker, Reg is uncomfortable with the mission. He hopes that the Federation base wouldnt have any battle droids as security. He has killed enough of them to never want to see their skeletal frames again.

"Commander,"

Reg turned to the face of Anakin Skywalker, dark black tunics, a red scar down his right eye, and long, unkempt, wavy brown hair.

"Sir, my troops are on the transport."

Anakin didn't care about that.

"...Just keep your eyes open, Reg. These Neimoidians are a tricky bunch."

Reg had heard of Skywalker's exploits during the Naboo Crisis and how he had destroyed a Trade Federation command ship at 9 years old.

"Commander," Obi-Wan enters the hangar.
    "Have your troops leave for the ground."

The dark red light surrounded the inside of the LAAT. Obi-Wan notices how quiet the troops are. No one seems to be happy about the politics that have transpired to make this mission happen. He turns to Anakin, who is looking as stern as ever. He hadn't felt Anakin this tense since the Battle of Umbara.

"Anakin, I know you believe the guerrillas are in the right, but that doesn't mean we need to engage them. As long as Airblock Station is protected, we won't have to hurt anyone."

Obi-Wan senses Anakin relaxing.

"Yeah, you're right." Anakin gave Obi-Wan a little smile. Not because he necessarily believed Obi-Wan completely, but he wishes Obi-Wan wouldn't worry so much about him.

Anakin continued.

"Still, I am tired of the Senate's obsession with personal materialism. We could be on the frontlines now! Stopping a Separatist plot! Not helping businessmen line their pockets..."

"I know," Obi-Wan started. "I wish our time was spent elsewhere, but I promise, this will be over with quick and we can go back to saving the galaxy and swashbuckling side by side." Obi-Wan's brow is raising and his smirk is to wide to hide. His sarcasm was sometimes too much for Anakin to not be amused.

They both laugh as the transport finally lands at Airblock Station.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.