main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Political ****posting Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    So as to not clog up the other threads with wit and wew, this is the political ****posting and memeing thread.

[​IMG]

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Did you have to use Comic Sans?

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It's the Tories of fonts after all

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I come representing the JCC Movie Night party line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
  7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Actually no, I don't think I agree.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    You're a monster.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Political posts/threads by me to start goofy fun discussion... and rejected by me, restraining myself from posting them, until now... :p

Who would you rather have as US President: Hermione, Aragorn, Leia, or Jon Snow?

[​IMG]
    Hermione Granger
    *veteran of the Second Wizarding War
    *known for her intelligence and courage, and comes from a humble background
    *champion of ending bigotry in many forms, including race and bloodline
    *vigilant in watching out for new signs of trouble, and unafraid to confront them
    *has experience as Minister of Magic in the United Kingdom, and previously in charge of the Law Enforcement Department
    *husband: Ronald Bilius Weasley; children: Rose Granger-Weasley and Hugo Granger-Weasley

[​IMG]
    Aragorn II Elessar
    *veteran of the War of the Ring and many minor battles
    *aged, experienced, wise, but appears remarkably young for his age and raised by nobles yet lived in the wilderness
    *welcoming to all peoples within and beyond his borders, humble, and willing to grant autonomous regions
    *has experience as King of the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor, and previously as Chieftain of the Dunedain
    *wife: Arwen "Evenstar" Undomiel; children: Eldarion and multiple daughters

[​IMG]
    Leia Organa of Alderaan
    *veteran of the First Order Blitzkrieg and the Galactic Civil War
    *experienced, tough, brave, eager to take initiative, raised in a noble household but apathetic to titles and traditions
    *a populist who believes in decentralizing government but believes it should be effective with little red tape in the things it should do
    *vigilant in watching out for new signs of trouble, and unafraid to confront them, even if it means going beyond the ordinary and cutting through the bureaucracy
    *has experience as Founder and General of the Resistance, a founding Senator in the New Republic, leader in the Rebel Alliance, member of the Imperial Senate, ambassador in diplomatic missions, and Princess of Alderaan
    *husband: Han Solo; children: Ben Organa-Solo

[​IMG]
    Jon Snow of Houses Stark and Targaryen
    *young veteran of the White Walker Invasion, the Rebellion Against the Usurper Boltons, the Night's Watch Mutinies, and Mance Rayder's Wildling War
    *humble, idealistic, and welcoming to refugees and anyone willing to work as an ally against greater threats, raised among nobility but not part of it then chose to serve in a brotherhood
    *weary of war, but unafraid to do his duty, and willing to be first to charge into battle and fight alongside his army
    *disregards court intrigues that consumed and distracted so many peers, to focus on the bigger existential threat, never losing his focus or commitment
    *has experience as King in the North, and previously Lord Commander of the Night's Watch
    *no spouse or children yet

.... and ...

Do you learn Democratic or Republic in this 2116 US election scenario?
    The year is 2116, there is a budget surplus and it is a time of relative international peace, though urban crime remains a well-publicized problem
    -there are many new debates, and old debates with new spins
    -some of today's raging debates have long since been settled or have become insignificant

These are the platforms that the two main parties of the United States are running on:
    Debate over the 2nd Amendment meets Cyborg Possibilities and Bodily Choice1. Mandatory cyborg gun implants (R), or the right to choose (D)?

Debate over 1st Amendment Religious Freedom versus State-Sponsored Rational Philosophy
    2. Keep the First Amendment (R), or officially support Neo-Rationalist Buddhism (D)?

Debate over Urban investment or Rural investment
    3. Massive Urban-Infrastructure funding in partnership with corporations (R), or support for Rural Sustainable Farming and gradually-decreasing caps on city populations (D)?

Debate over the Immigration of the Genetically-Altered
    4. Encourage immigration of genetically-engineered immigrants/refugees for productivity purposes (R), or strict quotas on them to preserve jobs for genetically-unaltered humans and general unease with a new sentient species that challenges traditional ideas of human equality (D)?

Debate over if more Urban areas or more Rural areas should enter the union
    5. Support officially annexing the urbanized UK, and opposing statehood for the rural territories east of Alaska (R), or oppose officially annexing the UK, and supporting statehood for Northwest, Nunavut, and Yukon territories (D)?

Debate over recognizing a Corporation-led State in West Africa
    (the new Israel/Palestine/Taiwan/Tibet question)
    6. Support official recognition of the corporate government of "West Africa Inc." and end support for the democratic governments in exile (R), or oppose official recognition of "West Africa Inc." and support rebel movements to restore their former governments (D)?

Debate over the national education curriculum requirement in the amended constitution
    7. Support keeping the 31st amendment of a national education curriculum (R), or attempt to repeal the 31st amendment (D)?

Debate over Polluted Area Cleanup Proposals that endanger new species
    8. Support projects to transform polluted sites into pristine parks (R), or oppose those projects to protect the new species who depend on them to survive (D)?

Debate over Virtual Reality as a substance-abuse mental health epidemic
    9. Support VR gaming (R), or ban VR gaming as substance abuse and offer VR-addicts mental healthcare (D)?

Debate over the 3rd Amendment
    10. Support microscopic military-operated "surveillance & stun" drones in households likely to have criminals (R), or oppose them on 3rd Amendment grounds and use this issue as a SCOTUS litmus test (D)?

Debate over the National News Channel
    11. Support the highly-successful PBS News Channel that singularly dominates news reporting (R), or support abolishing it and seeing it as too Republican-leaning (D)?

Debate over the Decentralization of the Economy
    12. Oppose production decentralization and "a nanotech-based factory in every home" because of potential dangers (R), or support decentralizing production and "a nanotech-based factory in every home" to break the power of the corporations, end the influence of the cities, and return to a "rational, natural, and human" way of living (D)?

:p

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    From my personal collection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the excuse wheel is my favorite.

And Hermione or Leia please.

Meanwhile...

[​IMG]

14. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
  15. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
  16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Finally, an avenue for serious Ghost posts to find their audience.

19. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
  20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    After approximately 1,000,000 hours of mandatory newspaper selling as penance for my capitalist roader Bernie post I am back on the party line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Because I wasn't here for years, I need to know if this is the kind of place where we hate Hillary or we hate Bernie...

Besides the Dank Ass Commie Memes, I mean, of course.

[​IMG]

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  24. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    This train is Ram Packed and headed straight for the Dictatorship of the Proletariat Ender_Sai.

Also, hope you can handle it when Idris Elba is the new Bond.

25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006