main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Political ****posting Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    People.

Why can't he just say "people."

Is it so hard?

2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Hey, lying is hard sometimes. The guy was being honest x)

3. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
  4. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  6. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    Oh wow, so it’s okay to glorify an authoritarian mass murderer as long as you give them laser eyes and a halo.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound.

Congrats on getting your echo chamber cronies to like your posts though. I’m sure that helps make you feel like you aren’t pathetic.

PCCViking likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  8. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Is that what we're supposed to use avatars to do?

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  11. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    LITERALLY JUST GONNA POINT A LOADED GUN AT MY CROTCH WITH THE SAFETY OFF, THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!

12. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Lord Vivec and his Echo Chamber Cronies, sound off!

Outsourced, Abadacus and vncredleader like this.
  13. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I don't know what he picked, but I hope it was Batista with no sense of irony, or like any other anti-communist symbol........like maybe a symbol of peace that is perverted and tilted on its axis

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    WHAT WHAT!!!

[​IMG]

Wait, is this not the right thing?

15. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    @Darth Weavile
    I explicitly stated when he used it that Vivec's laser-Stalin avatar made me uncomfortable - Stalin is, after all, history's second worst murderer, and one of the two people who hold the questionable distinction of having more dead to their name than Hitler.

I also never once believed that Vivec's intent in using that avatar was to glorify Stalin. And I don't particularly care what his reasons were. But there were plenty of moderators and admins around to put a stop to it, and they did not. And I trust this site's staff enough to be convinced they made sure that avatar hadn't been used by Vivec in order to cause discomfort after said discomfort had been made manifest - and not just by me. Staff will have done their job there; that's good enough for me.

And when staff have assessed there's no breach of the rules, which they evidently would have here, it becomes our responsibility to look after ourselves. Which I did, using the Ignore function to stop my reflexive response of discomfort whenever I came across said avatar - after bookmarking this thread, for practicality, since you don't see threads created by people you have on Ignore. Then I went about these boards as usual, with clicks to unroll Vivec's post without Stalin's head jumping at me unbidden, and unignored him once he'd changed avatars again. We're grown-ups, taking care of ourselves is what we're supposed to be doing.

So I'm afraid, in this instance, you're likely the person taking things too far. Which I'm saying as someone who actually expressed concern about pluralism of opinion being severely curtailed by peer pressure in the Senate threads, and certainly not as part of a group of "Echo Chamber Cronies".

Remember, if you really loathe a user here (or several), or are really uncomfortable at seeing their posts, the simplest thing to do is ignore them.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Darth Weavile and darthhelinith like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I feel like someone just wrote a big wall of text and I can't see it... but lots and lots of air whooshing by... :p

Lordban likes this.
  17. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I genuinely didn't think that avatar was going to cause anyone problems. It's a giant Stalin with the Jesus halo shooting lasers out of his eyes destroying the capitol building.

[​IMG]

It was a meme pic I got off twitter, nothing more. My gf found it hilarious. I used it as a pfp on a couple things for months. Little did I know this was going be the casus belli for Weavel's war against me.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just so we're clear, I'm actually Dark Empire Luke, so you have a shot to get me to try and destroy Progressivism from the inside and find me accidentally converted to your side...

PS - this Weaville thing may be the dumbest stuff ever posted in here, which says... quite a lot, frankly...

19. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Also, for the record, prior to Stalin I'd been using this Bernie profile picture
    [​IMG]
    and every time my gf walked by my computer and saw it she commented how it creeped her out and she "hated ****ing seeing it on your screen" (her words not 2 mins before me typing this). So when the Stalin pic showed up on twitter we both had a good laugh and she suggested it would be a great pfp. Now I'm not blaming her for this, but weavile's idea that i'm glorifying stalin from a joke pic is top lol.

Outsourced, Chewgumma, MrZAP and 3 others like this.
  20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
  22. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Meanwhile, in the House of Lords.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Rew, Rogue1-and-a-half, Ghost and 7 others like this.
  25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]