main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Political ****posting Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Stretching the definition of political but it fits with tax and possibly eat the rich.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Abadacus, Rew, vncredleader and 9 others like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    May the Force be with us

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Joe Biden doesn't have to be a genius to have decent public policy on this, it's just that it takes a moron like Trump to ignore so much of it

5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    My reaction when liberals refuse give up incrementalism:

[​IMG]

Abadacus, Rew and vncredleader like this.
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    With the pandemic, the related economic depression, climate change-caused "gigafires" and Hurricane Zeta, I don't understand how anyone can support do-nothing incrementalism now. Then again, I couldn't understand it a decade ago either.

Abadacus, Rew, poor yorick and 6 others like this.
  7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Ask Tina or Wocky, but preferably outside this thread

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001

The best part of this thread absolutely has to be that desperate need to try to stereotype anyone who doesn't go along with the (apparent) majority. You either jump into the bandwagon or someone will keep insisting you must something other than what you actually are.
    Politics is absolutely the art of the possible. If something clearly isn't possible, just be smart and take the best option that's left on the table. We're not going to be living in a communist paradise in this lifetime, much as some of us would like to.

Darth Weavile and Emperor Ferus like this.
  9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    every breath the ruling classes take is political and also **** so I say it works

also ah yes the majority here being communists? you say we act all binary, you think this thread is some Maoist plot cause people mock war criminals. Also not wanting the planet to die is not a communist utopia, there will be no salvageable earth after our lifetimes if we dont take drastic and immediate measures.

again how insanely blind do you have to be to think people are saying "my way or the high way" cause people exist who are not liberals, but then instantly frame not wanting the planet to die as "wanting a communist utopia in our lifetimes". we dont want a burned and uninhabitable world to be left behind, it is not about us. You dont get to play the incremental card when things are already irreversible in a lot of ways. The small thing we can commit to is to little to late and will leave nations in the global south flooded. Your "well we cant go crazy" is a vision of the world that fully accepts masses of corpses floating in flood waters in the third world.

hyperbolic but good visual of all this and also a meme so vivec will hopefully not kill me
    [​IMG]

back to posting, ha eat ****
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Abadacus, Glitterstimm, Rew and 2 others like this.
  10. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Because after, just as usual, "left-wing America" was confronted with social democracy in a primary and they ran away screaming "STALIIIIIIIIN!", and the status quo was the best option left on the ballot with a "five leagues backward" one on offer from the far-right? :p

Darth Nerdling and poor yorick like this.
  11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    You're wrong.

They were screaming "VENEZUEEEELAAAA" and "CAAAAAASTROOOOO."

12. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Sorry, I'd forgotten to switch off my decoder ring :p

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Awk-waaaaaard!!

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
  16. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
  17. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    "The trump-gov is involved in the origin of the corona virus?" So it's cool to hack U.S. government websites and post total BS so long as it smears someone you don't like? That's something that could never backfire in a million years.

[​IMG]
    (Not too sure low-info undecided voters exist this time around, but I thought this was funny. For not-low-info undecided voters, see vncredleader's trolley problem meme.)

Rew, dp4m, 3sm1r and 3 others like this.
  18. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Officially, at least, the Trump campaign site is not a US government website.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  19. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    yeah low-info undecideds get some real arguments. Or be like me and be very much decided, just not for voting between the two parties. if nothing else if undecided and low-info at this point, write in harambe at least

poor yorick likes this.
  20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    People who are "undecided" between voting for either major party candidate are idiots. I think Biden sucks; I understand people not voting for him though in swing states I wish they would. I have contempt for any dumb ape who even contemplates voting Trump at this point. He's presided over what may become the worst mass death in this country other than the Civil War and he's openly musing about stealing the election.
    The wording seems to indicate someone whose first language is not English, so it's probably some guy from Romania or wherever.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize this tab was the ****posting thread. I'll do better next time.

21. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, I figured. Even a year or two ago, it would have been funny that we have foreign actors spreading fake news in order to influence the US election, who are accusing Trump of being in bed with foreign actors spreading fake news in order to influence the US election. But I'm sick of the "I did a thing and now I'm going to say you did it instead" joke. It's like our country's entire political discourse has become that "Why would ______ do this?!" meme.

Rew and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001

Rew likes this.
  23. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  24. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Not a ****post in the usual sense, but I think there's a place for it here.

Here is a slightly-altered political ad. Contemplate it for a moment.
    [​IMG]

Here is the original, behind spoiler tags to add suspense.
    [​IMG]

Edit: stupid spoiler tags made the print illegibly small. It says at the bottom, "PAID FOR BY DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC."

Was this intelligently-spent ad money? No. No, it was not.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001