main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll: After TLJ select the top 3 saber users aged 25 or under in Star Wars films

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ender_and_Bean, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Poll: After TLJ select the top 3 saber users aged 25 or under in Star Wars films

1. A) Obi-Wan Kenobi in TPM

2. B) Anakin Skywalker in ROTS

3. C) Luke Skywalker in ROTJ

4. D) Rey of Jakku in TLJ

5. E) Finn in TFA

6. F) Darth Maul in TPM

7. G) Zett Jukassa in ROTS

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Anakin is obviously the best, then Maul. I went for Luke as third, but Obi-Wan is pretty similar. Rey is definitely not one of the better lightsaber users here. We’re going to need to see a lot more from her.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I voted for Zett Jukassa because who the hell is that?
    Why are we using 25 as a cutoff?

Anakin lost in ROTS (and AOTC for that matter). Maul lost in TPM. Finn lost in TFA. Luke prevailed against Vader with a lightsaber in ROTJ but was not able to deflect Palpatine. While he was able to emotionally appeal to his father and survive, he really didn't win the ultimate duel. Rey won in TFA but she was matched up against a guy who was suffering serious wounds that Chewbacca inflicted and the emotional toll of having just killed his father...

So really the only man standing is Obi-Wan in TPM. He won the duel...and won it when Maul had the high ground no less

3. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Pretty easy 3 for me
    OB1
    Anakin
    Darth Maul

4. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    If Rey was truly the Mary Sue her detractors claim she is then she would have been far and away above the clear top 3 here. She isn’t. She started higher because she knew how to fight prior and is clearly very powerful with the Force but it’s equally clear that the big 3 here are all way more advanced in their early twenties.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    A poll concerning effectiveness with a lightsaber, with limited sample size in this self-selecting quarter of the Internet can't extrapolate on whether or not a character is a Mary Sue. I personally don't think she is, but that is not what the poll is asking nor is it a question that can be answered by a poll.

6. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Every word of what you just said was wrong. The Rey is not a Mary Sue movement is reborn today. And I will not be the Last Jedi because I’m too busy posting on here.

I’m kidding.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  7. AWV_Hope

AWV_Hope Jedi Padawan

Nov 26, 2016
    People are putting TPM Obi-Wan over Luke? Smh.

8. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Maul are easily the most skilled with a lightsaber. They’re also the most fun to watch, in my opinion. I love the refined and elegant style of the PT-era lightsaber combat.

9. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    You can make an argument between Obi Wan (EP1) and Darth Maul. YES Obi Wan did beat him but that was due to Maul's arrogant bravado