main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Poll: Choose the 3 biggest concequences of Snoke’s mind bridge

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Mar 2, 2018.

?

Please choose 3 concequences of the mind bridge you find most significant

1. A) Snoke’s power gave Ben a chance to drive a wedge between Rey and Luke, leading to Luke’s death

2. B) Snoke’s power lead to Rey and Ben learning more about each other and coming together.

3. C) Snoke’s power exposed a mistake Luke made we may never have known otherwise.

4. D) Snoke’s power leads to Snoke’s own death in the end and Ben Solo as Supreme Leader.

5. E) Without being forced to face their issues Luke & Rey may have never been able to move past them.

6. F) If Luke hadn’t seemed invincible, or worse died in battle, the public aren’t as inspired.

7. G) The Praetorian guards would still be alive.

8. H) The Saber would still be intact.

9. I) More members of the Resistance might be alive.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Snoke’s mind bridge between his apprentice and the hero of the Light, Rey of Jakku, is one of the most powerful uses of the Force we’ve seen in the saga films yet and it had enormous consequences.

Please choose the 3 largest consequences for you as a result of Snoke’s incredible power.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Some of those "consequences" are very much wild guesses (not sure what the Resistance death pool has to do with the mind bridge), while others are not even consequences, just positive outcomes.
    I find this poll a little weird.

3. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    If Rey doesn’t confront Luke he comes back according to the extended edition. They would have been on their way to the Resistance instead of her on her way to the Supremacy. That could have saved lives.

The poll is a little weird because it’s dealing with a power that had far reaching butterfly effects everywhere.

4. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    ^ Though you're making a poll based on info that is not in the movie and belongs to supplementary material that hasn't even been officially released.
    "Butterfly effect" is still very much speculation and, as I said, wild guesses. There is no way of knowing how Luke would make a difference if he came back while the Resistance was still in the middle of a chase scene.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    wobbits likes this.
  5. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    It’s just meant to be a fun poll and to get some discussion on the significance of Snoke’s mind bridge and what might have been different had Snoke never completed it.

kylosympathizer likes this.
  6. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Oh okay.
    In that case you forgot the option “Rey and the audience wouldn’t have been subjected to a weird Ben Swolo shirtless scene” as I’m sure that counts as a consequence. :p

7. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    snoke's mind bridge is possible for his demise partly. but the main reason for his demise is his arrogance (unless he for some reason wanted kylo to kill him and knew the saber was turning to strike him, which is another theory In itself).
    the mind bridge has now welded itself and without snoke being alive it will stay there at least for sometime. as we saw on crait, rey could see kylo in her mind as she shut the falcon's door.

Martoto77 likes this.
  8. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    For TLJ, I think the most direct & significant consequences were Snoke’s death & Kylo becoming Supreme Leader, although I think the mind bridge also indirectly led to a lot of other things too like Luke eventually appearing on Crait.

For Episode 9, the fact Kylo’s now Supreme Leader - something he accomplished because of Rey & w/her indirect help - & the fact they potentially still have a connection are possibly huge consequence of the mind bridge. Especially since they now have a better understanding of each other.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  9. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Exactly this. The insight that they have into each other won't ( or shouldn't, but that's up to JJ ) go away, even though Snoke's mind bridge may no longer exist. Rey may have 'shut the door' on Kylo at the end of TLJ, but when it comes time for their decisive, final confrontation, it won't be so easy for either of them to ignore the connection that they shared, or what they learned of each other from it.

Personally, I think the biggest consequence will be that it will eventually lead to some sort of redemption for Kylo, especially since Snoke was convinced that Rey was so wrong about Ben turning back to the Light.