main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Ha!

No, my strength with t3h t4ct prevents me from doing something so rediculously idiotic.

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Maybe if one is made it should be made in mod squad HQ and out of the public eye?

3. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I don't think Nathan should be flamed for making this topic. Theory Y managers are good. It's nice for us to be able to have our say on matters. He recieved a few complaints against PB and wanted feedback from us. What's wrong with that?

However, this thread has outlived its usefulness now. Nothing new is coming from it.

4. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    The fact that he didn't or never does, consult the rest of the Administration on anything.

I can't begin to tell you all how important it is to have a united force. We spent all summer fighting, and we're finally back in total agreement with each other. I don't want to lose that.

5. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Not that the ModSquad forum is particularly private anymore.

6. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    LoH- You know, for some reason that no longer bothers me.

7. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Well, for all we know, he may be receiving alot of PMs. I suspect he'll close it by Tuesday. The members will have had a week to voice their concerns and thoughts.

Decisions made from input from all sides are good. I commend him for having the fortitude to ask our thoughts and concerns. It was nice of him to ask us first, not tell us later.

8. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Well, it does seem like the moderation staff have some issues they need to sort out amongst themselves, but your conduct as a moderator is of public significance, PB, so I think Nathan was right to start this thread.

Personally, I don't have a problem with you, but objectively, as there have been complaints, the issues need to be addressed.

I'm not sure if I'm making much sense. Sadly, I am once again TEH DRUNK.

9. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Good!

What's the brew of today?

10. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Barns, me old china, it's only 10:30! Why are you TEH DRUNK this early? Can't you take the b33r? ;)

11. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I started about 9:00. I have had about 4 bottles of San Miguel. Mmmmmmm. :p

EDIT: Make that 5.

12. Skyler

Skyler Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2000
    "I don't think Nathan should be flamed for making this topic." So, it's ok if we criticize PB, but not Nathan? That's a lame double standard.

I'm not saying that the administration asking members for input is wrong, but I am saying that it is for this situation. Singling out members sucks. JM22 said something to the affect that the president gets criticized so why not the mods? well, the mods aren't government workers that are being paid by tax dollars, instead they're volunteering their time. Also, unlike the government, you can simply leave if you don't like it here.

Nathan did what was popular. He did what would win him brownie points with the JC members, but he did it at the cost of being a good admin. You should never create a thread and single out members. This guy is extraordinarily incompetent, and he is the one that needs to be demoted.

13. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Well, I disagree with you. IMO, Nathan has committed no wrong by making this thread. He's asking for our opinions so that he can make a decision based on evidence, not ignorance.

It's like saying that a Judge shouldn't listen to witnesses (or look at the evidence) when deciding on a sentence.

14. Skyler

May 5, 2000
    this isn't a trial, this is an administrative decision. Anyone has the option to go into a user's profile and see the threads he or she has posted in. If he wanted to, he could see for himself preacherboy's conduct. this is totally unnecessary and is a bad way of coming to a decision. He has more than enough info at his disposal. This is just an unnecessary slam against PB's reputation.

15. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Yeah, Skyler is right. If you need additional advice, ask him:

[image=http://xackattackltd.8k.com/images/the_wise_guy_1.jpg]

16. Skyler

May 5, 2000
    the wise guy knows!

17. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    First off, thanks for understanding how busy I've been over the Thanksgiving weekend.

I believe we're all agreed that this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Some clarification...

This thread was not, in any way, a vote for the demotion of PB. This issue kept coming up and, to be quite frank, I'm as sick of it as everyone else. I just wanted everyone to have their say and be done with it. I have read this entire thread, and given thought to your posts.

The other moderators and I have been discussing this as well. We have all reached an agreement about how to conduct ourselves, and PB's behavior should no longer be an issue in the future. I'm beginning to agree that this should only have been discussed privately.

Now that you've all been given the opportunity to post your thoughts, I want this subject to drop. No more threads about the same things, please. If you ever have issues with the way we do things in the future, please try and work it out with us privately.

If you have any complaints, comments, questions or whatever, just PM me. If you want to rake me over the coals for starting this thread, you're quite welcome to. I believe you'll find me to be a very receptive audience.

18. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Great. Goodbye thread.

I'd like to add one more thing. I've probably said this quite a few times, but it is really important to me and what I would like to see here at the JC.

If you have a problem with anyone here at the JC, open up your arms of diplomacy and talk to them. Someone who does that will be seen as: a) a constructive benefactor b) an overall nice, polite individual c) a person who cares for the long-term future of the JC as we know it. Someone who doesn't do that just loses too much of their stance in an unbiased, intelligent argument about matters such as these. Do what you should do in a real life scenario with much of the same situations: Take up your problems with a person, with that person, privately, so you can go on without sacraficing much of what you have now. Letting things that bother you fester up inside until you explode is extremely unhealthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.