main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You demote him, there is nobody to moderate games that has a clue what's going on there.

So can anyone tell me honestly what happened to howlrunner22? He was the person who was initially assigned to moderate games, and I always thought that forum was his.

2. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    I do believe he's pining for the Singaporean fjords, and can not be reached.

3. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Howlrunner was in a "relationship" with Connemara, and he left when she started getting scary, is the way Nad told me. He was also irritating and irritated with many of the longstanding members, and realised it was him or them. He came back to post a message in Nad's commemmorative thread, but I believe that's all.

I hope he's doing all right! :)

4. knowledge

knowledge Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    I love internet battles. As for PB, I wish only that he would follow the same rules given to the posters. If he does that why should he be banned or demoted. I think "threatening" to ban someone is an abuse of power. People know the rules, if they violate them they get the ax. Quite simple. Threatening to ban only pisses people off. Lastly, I have had only one run in with PB and he handled it "ok", he seems haste to judge and then stubborn to admit he was wrong. Sounds like me :) but hey I'm just a little old user.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, howlrunner22 lost public support- no one in Games really liked him anymore. :)

6. DarthDarkDart

DarthDarkDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2000
    So the games people think PBoy is better? Or do I have it wrong?

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    A thread in here turns into Users vs. PreacherBoy in this forum every two weeks. Wether he's guilty of anything, seeems like he's more trouble than he's worth.

"So the games people think PBoy is better? Or do I have it wrong?"

He doesn't moderate. Go take a look at all the off-topic stuff and flames

8. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    We had a uprising and got rid of howl cause well, he was mean to a memeber of PM that was far worse then ANYTHING PB has EVER EVER DONE

and I cant post proof cause the 6 month pruning thing in PM's

I might have a copy of a email somewhere though, but that was basicaly the end of his ego trips and we booted him out.

9. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Pay no attention to Flare. He has a chip on his shoulder and has a grudge against PreacherBoy and everybody in Games. He hasn't understood PreacherBoy's reason for allowing off topic discussion in Games--something PBoy has mentioned on numerous occasions, but some seem to ignore it for some reason.

Yes, the people in Games like Preacherboy as the moderator. He knows what is going on and has knowledge about video games--two things no current moderator has. He is the guy for the job.

And howlrunner became upset that games wasn't "the way it used to be." He was right, it wasn't and still isnt, nor will it ever be, unfortunately. People came to dislike him because of favoritism toward Connemara. He eventually got the hint, I suppose, and resigned. I've talked to him about 5 or 6 times since that time. We're okay personally I guess, but it won't be the same ever again.

In the immortal words oh howlrunner22:
    That is all for now.

I do not wish to speak with you further.

10. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I asked howlrunner22 to step down for the following reasons:
    • He was manipulated by a member, by means of a personal/romantic/whatever relationship, to ban and harass users that didn't agree with this certain girl's "I'm a Princess!" philosophy of the world.
    • Everyone in Games didn't want him there.
    • It ceased being something he enjoyed.

Haven't heard from him since. Wish it didn't have to end like that :\

Flare- I've told you this a million times now: I allow off-topic converstaions in Games because the people in the Games forum form a mini community. They "game" on this thing called the "Internet". It allows them to have "fun" and "chat" together. Therefore, I allow them to carry on conversations regarding non-SW titles, and general life, since this group of JC Gamers really doesn't have a little section of their own to talk about things. This thing you so hate is limited to a few threads. If it bothers you so much that they are talking not about Games in Games, then don't open the thread. If it still bothers you that you know that they are still talking about off-topic Games matters in those threads, I'm sorry, but the JC isn't compatible with someone like yourself. Currently there is no way to make everyone happy, and well... you're a minority.

11. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I don't see how my previous post shows any chips on my shoulder. It was an observation

12. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Are you saying you don't? You hate me. I've never done anything to you, but you hate me, not to mention anybody else on the games board. You just look for trouble.

13. knowledge

Jan 5, 2001
    see the above 5 posts for examples on PB's relationship with the users. If you agree with him your in his corner and if not your in the rest of the poster comunity. this is how I see it.

14. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    The Games forum should be about Games and for games, not the personal domain of three or four users. That's what I hate. I don't look for trouble, but when I see flames against me, or sometimes someone else, I get it removed. If an admin agrees and removes the offense, then its justified.

I also hate being chased around to other boards by you guys, getting IM flames, and bumps against my firewall. I don't post anymore, yet I still get this stuff. Its not me looking for trouble. That PB supports and participates in this behavior is why I rarely post at the JC at all

15. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Look at flare's sig and tell me he doesnt have a chip on his shoulder "-----signature-----

the Games forum needs a moderator"

EDIT: Three to four users? there are at least 10-15 people in games who post like me dan and bib not us 3 alone.

and for bumps on your firewall and stuff like that are you not a little overly paranoid... remember real hackers use winrar [face_laugh]

16. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    AA hacked me just the other day with WinRAR. He made a Madonion benchmark 2k1 come up on my screen even though it isn't installed.

Sorry about that, but I haven't said anything to you or conn in the last month and haven't harassed you.

Anyway, Games can be for anybody. If they go into threads they like and don't go into threads they don't like, it will be fine. If someone unprovokingly flames you, they will most likely be banned or the post will be edited. There are more than 3 or 4 people there, anyway.

knowledge, I really can't understand your post too well. But I'm guessing it is anti-PB. But isn't it that human nature? You tend to be friends with and associate with people who you agree with and share a common interest with? He doesn't go out and flame every single person that dislikes him.

MAH GAWD, THAT WOULD BE HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE.

17. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Can we keep the Games discussion in a separate thread, please?

18. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I think it is important to the discussion. The point is that Games needs PB. And the rest of the JC, including this Comm. forum, needs him.

19. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    I believe Commander Antilles is right keep games out of the anti pb thread, games is where he moderates after all and would have no influence on if he should have mod powers after all.

20. Cheri

Cheri Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    1) Probably

2) No. He gets the job done, and is funny to boot.

21. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    "I allow off-topic converstaions in Games because the people in the Games forum form a mini community."

A community thread in Games is a swell idea, but what's in there now are not community threads. If a new user or a casual user goes in these threads, they are flamed and told to leave. That is not a community.

This is just another PreacherBoy complaint thread. There will be another one in two weeks. Same people defending him, nobody really listening. Again I ask if he is worth all this bother.

I don't use the JC anymore because of PreacherBoy and his Games harem. Theres places with better people, better policies, and a better atmosphere.

Thats my spiel for NathanDalian. You boys don't have to argue with me about any past behaviors because I am logged off now.

22. knowledge

Jan 5, 2001
    I didn't consider that post anti-pb.

23. Skyler

Skyler Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2000
    Ya know... When I first saw this thread, I thought it must be a joke, because I can't believe that an admin would show such a complete lack of tact for starting a thread asking for an opinion pole on another member's conduct. But instead of being a joke, it's just sad display of poor leadership abilities. Nathan, you should have dealt with this matter discretely, and not ask for a public opinion pole as to how you should manage your responsibilities. These type of threads are usually divisive, unnecessary, and cause for embarrassment. I wouldn't expect this from a regular member, let alone an administrator.

This thread = poor taste

24. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    A community thread in Games is a swell idea, but what's in there now are not community threads. If a new user or a casual user goes in these threads, they are flamed and told to leave. That is not a community.

Wrong. If they go in ther and have a good time, we don't tell them to go away. If they go in there and try to blow up the thread or whatever else lame crap that goes on, we tell them to get out.

This is just another PreacherBoy complaint thread. There will be another one in two weeks. Same people defending him, nobody really listening. Again I ask if he is worth all this bother.

Somebody must be listening if he hasn't been demoted even with all the people who hate him. And he is worth it--sometimes you must look deeper than the surface to know about a person. I think you may have a problem with this...I use your dislike of me as an example.

I don't use the JC anymore because of PreacherBoy and his Games harem. Theres places with better people, better policies, and a better atmosphere.

Enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the clarification, knowledge.

t3h t4ct is very important, Skyler.

25. Skyler

Skyler Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2000
    everyone on the SC knows I'm the master of tact ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.